Troops embarking

P.Carrasco =Keep Flying=

I stopped fly with the UH since some bugs appears...

Still waiting for some fix.

I ask today...

Still have This Buggs today?

Embarking, gunners?

I have some missions to do yet, with out bugs

Edited by Chacina

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

• 3 weeks later...
Engine damage when High temp work in 1.5.7 .

Are you sure? Have they finally added this? Asking because I haven't flown the Huey in a while plus am running v2.1 only nowadays.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Creating troop drop missions with the slick huey is what I do most......

You can certainly pick up troops and drop them off in Normandy 2.1. Situate your troops near your huey, press your radio trigger to open up the comms menu, press F7 to select all descent, select which squad you want to transport and then F1. The troops will run to the huey and get aboard.

On landing, press F7, select disembark and press F1. The troops will get off, assume firing positions and start blasting away at the closest enemy that is in range.

You cannot however pick them back up and relocate them.

Don't know about NTTR or 1.5 as I only use the Huey in Normandy. Don't see why it would not work throughout 2.1.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

You cannot however pick them back up and relocate them.

IIRC this was pretty extensively tested and it was determined that you CAN pick them back up, but only once they disengage (i.e. all bad guys are dead). Hopefully that gets changed soon, it would be great to be able to do hot LZ extractions.

How are you setting up the troops in ME? I have no problems embarking and disembarking in NTTR.

With the option "transportable". Shouldn't that be enough?

If you have a working mission file, can you maybe attach it here?

High jinks!

Watch the video Cibit posted. That's how I set troops up as well and it works for me on NTTR, but not in 1.5.7.

I tried setting up a simple mission like in the video on both the Normandy andd NTTR maps. (I didn't try 1.5.) I couldn't get it to work like in the video on either map.

I could set up an Embark to Transport option for the infantry at their waypoint 0, but at waypoint 1, where I want to disembark them, there doesn't seem to be a Disembark from Transport option in the Advanced Waypoint options.

• Like 1

I tried setting up a simple mission like in the video on both the Normandy andd NTTR maps. (I didn't try 1.5.) I couldn't get it to work like in the video on either map.

I could set up an Embark to Transport option for the infantry at their waypoint 0, but at waypoint 1, where I want to disembark them, there doesn't seem to be a Disembark from Transport option in the Advanced Waypoint options.

Same here I think it's still not working atm.

• Like 1

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I have mixed results on the helicopter embark action in the editor. I had it working with a single inf. group and a single helicopter. Thinks get weird when i use more helicopters and more inf. groups. The first group ran to the right helicopter but the second group ran towards my own helicopter and they werent even near it. Pilot name does not seem to work as an option and the designated helo group shows the helo type and not the group name. I think that could be the solution to this problem.

The troops AI appears glitched across the board. I have several platoons of enemy heading for a downed huey, and I drop troops in to stop them as the LZ gets very hot. My troops engage the enemy ok, then all the enemy platoons appear to freeze in place, whether they arrived on scene or not and well before they reached the final waypoint, which would be next to the downed huey.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Download and try the "We Were Soldiers Once" mission from user files. It has transportable troops and I've flown it many times, to include as recently as yesterday, without any issues. Troops embark and disembark just fine. Perhaps you could use it as template, or a reference when designing your own missions with troops.

• 1 year later...

I had a different experience. When I set up the client and AI troops with an embarkation order, the menu appears, they respond, run towards the helicopter and just stop there right on top of it.

uh-1

the embark troops doesn't work!!

after i press Radio then F7 -nothing happens!!

Do i miss anything?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Exactly, same here Pikey... in the Huey or the Hip...

I got carried away when I saw the first line in yesterdays update log "Helicopter-borne infantry (descent). Corrected calculating total number of troops." .. and thought , maybe, just maybe, after all these years of waiting they may have it fixed and it may even work in MP too....

Of course I was disappointed.... thankfully we have CTLD, thanks CB, but in truth the absence of weight makes it feel very amateurish for a game with 'SIMULATOR' in the title but this is better than the broken DCS system....

For a long time ED has said that it is being looked into but not a priority - If this is still the case it is a shame.

EDIT: Works just fine with the correct parameters... see post #25 in this thread :)

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png

I have tested this in OB this morning loading x3 troops made up of US WWII x2 and my own Pilot mod. In all instance my troops load at the FARP with no issues. My embark command as always is WP1 for the troops.

I even tried this with X1 troop with the Bell47 mod with the same positive results. maybe I just fell lucky with the update.

attachment.php?attachmentid=203515&stc=1&d=1548944525

Screen_190131_141938.thumb.jpg.dd4561ac0e01c1820360189261e4f618.jpg

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting.... Suntag may I ask....

1. was the helo a client?
  2. did the troops disembark correctly when told and follow a designated WP route?
  3. can they be picked up again with helo weight added?

The best that happened to me was the lead walked through the AC and stopped with his feet on the ground and his head through the rear floor. The rest remained stationary.

This was with no MODs

If it is working for you can you send me the basic miz with no MODS?

screen12.png

SIGBLOCK.png

The issue for me was the AC embarking Adv WP need to be set at WP 0 not any other.... once sorted... pick up, route following and later pick-up (all with weight added appropriately) works just fine... excellent - now to experiment down the MP rabbit hole....

Thanks SUNTAG

SIGBLOCK.png