Notices

Old 10-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #211
Slartibartfast

Reputation power: 0
Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGear_Honk View Post
@Slartibartfast:
Feel free to grab the code and have alook. Ask if something is unclear.
Yeah, I'll be keen to, though I'm a little unsure of where to start. I am however between jobs at the moment so have plenty of time to devote to the venture.

So, where do I start???
I've read through the entire thread and never came across a guide or even a particularly succinct parts list. While I've been a software engineer for many years now I've never worked with embedded code before so find the initial step a little daunting, though I'm most definitely keen to get into it!

So I take it the first thing I'll need is an Arduino, yeah. But which should I order (DUE?, pro mini?, or even a Teensy?). When I was looking into building my own joystick I was leaning toward the Leo Bodnar boards but I take it the advantages of the Leo boards would never be realised in this project as we are essentially programming the whole thing ourselves, yeah? So what would be a suitable board to start off with? And what else should I order in order to get cracking?

Cheers,
Slarti.
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #212
MetalGear_Honk

Reputation power: 2
MetalGear_Honk is on a distinguished road

Hi Slartibartfast

Given that you are Familiar with c++
Get the Atmel Studio 7 and open the code Ihave uploaded.

This Version is for an ATMega32u4 NOT foran Arduino.
You can use the Micro that is onboard aPro Micro but you need to kill the Bootloader to get the Joystick running.
LUFA is running inside the Micro so if yougot it right you can use "Flip" to reprogram the Controller.

@ All
I really thought that I had written asmall tutorial about programming a Controller. But I can't find it.
For short Google "ISPProgramming" there are plenty of tutorials.

MetalGear_Honk
MetalGear_Honk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:39 PM   #213
jpdesvals

Reputation power: 4
jpdesvals is on a distinguished road

Hello again to all FFB freek !

@melalgear honk may i suggest a littlebit crasy idea ...

As i and perhaps many don t have the knownledge about coding , would it be possible to send me a preprogramed arduino nano pre-loaded with the code so we would only have to connect the pin to potentiometers and pwm output to a l298 controler ?

I can pay via paypal for example a reasonable price and you could get more feedback and share our hardware building.

Just a prposition , if you can think about it .

Best regards ,

JP
jpdesvals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:00 PM   #214
FragBum

Reputation power: 3
FragBum has a spectacular aura aboutFragBum has a spectacular aura aboutFragBum has a spectacular aura about

@MetalGear

I would be keen to follow this, although I haven't done any C++ for many years I have done fully interrupt driven assembler code for AVR some time ago as well.

Where can I get the source code??

Frag
Old 10-18-2017, 12:14 AM   #215
Slartibartfast

Reputation power: 0
Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdesvals View Post
...would it be possible to send me a preprogramed arduino nano pre-loaded with the code so...
Once I've worked out how to do it myself I would be willing to do as much for you but I really would suggest you'd be far better of learning how to do so yourself. The problem with sending pre-installed boards out is that you would then be stuck with whatever version was sent to you and I dare say there are likely to be several revisions to the code as this project progresses. Loading a program onto a PCB really isn't that hard and no real programming knowledge is required to do so. It really would be just a process of "following the instructions".

So I would advice that getting your own board and learning how to upload code to it (even if you don't understand how that code actually works yourself) would serve you a lot better. In fact, if you have the know how to build the rest of the FFB system uploading the program to the PCB would be the easy part .

When I get on top of this myself I'll do my best to provide a set of easy to follow instructions for the community such that everyone can install/update their boards, regardless of their level of programming knowledge

Last edited by Slartibartfast; 10-18-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:19 AM   #216
Deadman
Veteran

Reputation power: 56
Deadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to beholdDeadman is a splendid one to behold

Sounds great thanks much let me know what beer ya like and i will get a round