(MP) Kicked to Spectator or Random Explosion

Oscar Juliet

MP Issues

-Player randomly explodes mid flight without any reason.

-Player randomly is kicked from plane to spectator mode without reason.

I would not have believed this for myself until an event on our 2.1 server. I was GCI spectating the entire event and making sure it was operating smoothly. I watched as on guy in an FC3 SU-27 exploded three times mid air without anything near him. He was not shot by air, not shot by ground, no other friendly planes or anything at all was near him. He just randomly blew up into tiny pieces.

Another guy in an SU-25T was flying his plane and twice he was kicked to the spectator slot. As these problems were occurring many people said 'oh yeah i've had that happen before' as if it were a normal problem.

I'm dumbfounded by how this can be a 'normal bug/problem'. Does anyone have any information on this? It seems to be completely random with different aircraft. I hope this will be taken seriously because it would annoy me beyond belief if it was happening to me.

Proof, or it didn't happen. ED will need tracks, logs etc. though..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I personally didn't experience those malfunctions.. they're maybe related to the way the mission was set up or something. At least you should mention the server(s) where you have these issues so the devs can check the mission scripts.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

• ED Team

I have had a look at the track, I can clearly see various aircraft explode for no reason, but unable to see why or reproduce myself.

The mission is heavy on the scripts so it could be a script misbehaving, I have not seen this happen myself on the servers I frequent.

Do you see it on other servers as well?

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

When explaining it to people I've had more than several say oh yeah I had that happen before on 1.5. Not just our server either. Now to get these people to pull out tracks and what not. That won't be able to happen.

It also doesn't happen every day. Just once in a while this pops up at random and people start exploding. It is a very odd thing.

So far I've seen it happen twice within a week and it has been the only time that I've personally seen it.

I don't have time to frequent other 2.1 servers so I wouldn't know if they experience the same issues or not. Which was the purpose of this thread. To find others who could give input.

• ED Team

Sure I understand, but are those users saying they experienced it in the same server as you?

I fly MP and have never seen this, I suspect a script may be the problem

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This was associated before to clients exiting to desktop after flying instead of exiting to DCS main screen, but only the server was kicked on spectators.

Maybe is related.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• ED Team

This was associated before to clients exiting to desktop after flying instead of exiting to DCS main screen, but only the server was kicked on spectators.

Maybe is related.

Possibly, I will see what I can find out

My ticket with ED auto-closed itself. I'm not sure the status of the situation. I've personally not seen it since. Though that doesn't mean it still can't happen. We've done a lot of work on figuring out how to bypass the spawn lag and what not on our server. Maybe our tactics have helped remedy other issues. Either way I hope they use all I gave them to work on the issue. If it comes up again and I have logs, files, ect I will resubmit that information.

Hi all, I found the cause of this issue.

When you use a lua framework to handle your vehicle re-spawning it allows the game logic to do things that are not possible through vanilla mission editor triggers.

If you use GROUP ACTIVATE on a late activated unit, you cannot re-spawn them again until you restart the mission.

However, if you use a lua script to spawn in late activated units, you can spawn them in again even after they are eliminated.

Now the issue here is when a group is spawned, and then triggered again while the group was still alive.

They will either disappear or re-position themselves back to their starting point.

If they re-position themselves, this is fine, and causes no issue other than they reset themselves, which can be unfortunate for those who have been working on destroying that group or was in the middle of a furball with them.

The problematic event is when they seemingly disappear. They are not on the map, you cannot see them and for some reason AWACS and other AWACS scripts like EWRS will still think they are alive.

They have the capability to employ weapons as normal to kill you, and they will.

When they do, it will just seem like you died out of nowhere.

The lesson here is to use framework scripts that create new groups and units each spawn or to ensure that a group using whatever logic you can implement so that they will not be spawned unless they are eliminated.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

• 4 years later...

We observed this issue on the 167th DGN Server and haven't had this happen in almost 2 years. The groups I spawn are only spawned after being destroyed or after they land, at which point the old group is destroyed before the new one is spawned, everything via MOOSE. Recently we've had invisible JF17s fly around the map and shoot down people, and this is most definitely a new thing. I checked the code again to see if there was any change but aside from upgrading MOOSE itself and of course DCS updates, the logic that spawns AI CAS and CAP units hasn't changed. I never spawn AI airplanes without checking if there's a copy flying currently.

To me this smells like a bug in DCS. Even on the server side the list of objects doesn't contain them (I send updates to a web live map from the server).

• 1 month later...