Nukes

amalahama

Guys don't be shortsighted - we all know it's not a weapon for online death-matches, but for well-crafted SP campaigns and collaborative MP missions.

And it's realistic - the fact hasn't been used until today doesn't make it less factual. Following that logic, ED should ban Ka-50 from Nevada - because it has nevers flown over there...

Regards

Guys don't be shortsighted - we all know it's not a weapon for online death-matches, but for well-crafted SP campaigns and collaborative MP missions.

And it's realistic - the fact hasn't been used until today doesn't make it less factual. Following that logic, ED should ban Ka-50 from Nevada - because it has nevers flown over there...

Regards

THANK you

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

We need thinks like: ATC, DTC, HMCS, Dynamic Campains, Mission planer, and other thinks wich wished long times before the last what we need is a Nuke wich delete the Aera where you fly

^ this stuff takes longer to implement than just a model with the scripts of a big bomb

Rather silly to spend dev time creating something that is only 'allowed' to be used in limited situations (and how would you intend to enforce that, anyway). Also, what would you like ED to delay, or not do at all, while they work on nuclear weapons and the associated graphics and optimizations necessary to make them workable?

:thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

^ this stuff takes longer to implement than just a model with the scripts of a big bomb

Even longer if ED ties up resources working on something else.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

oh, i wasn't thinking about FX since the RN-24/28 also have no FX and I can live with that. So all I actually would like is a model of the nuke which you can drop. FX can wait. (Obviously other things are more important)

Problem is that blowing up everything within 5 miles radius kills any computer on earth. Standard Fx needs to be replaced by something lighter yet representative of a nuclear explosion. The script-only solution is something that even a modder can do. But from ED, I would expect something *slighty* more elaborate.

At some point, they will have to implement some special FX for big bombs - thermobaric, napalm... - and nuclear mushrooms is kind of the same, just bigger

Regards!

Rather silly to spend dev time creating something that is only 'allowed' to be used in limited situations (and how would you intend to enforce that, anyway). Also, what would you like ED to delay, or not do at all, while they work on nuclear weapons and the associated graphics and optimizations necessary to make them workable?

no its not.

maybe some want a Cold war gone hot scenario.

we have our reasons, but that aside various aircraft have worse ordinance or other equipment that is avaialble but rarely used

IE aim9P on a F15, Aim7M when you have aim120

Mig21Bis with beam guided missiles over the R3R ... etc.

all loadouts should be possible.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Problem is that blowing up everything within 5 miles radius kills any computer on earth. Standard Fx needs to be replaced by something lighter yet representative of a nuclear explosion. The script-only solution is something that even a modder can do. But from ED, I would expect something *slighty* more elaborate.

At some point, they will have to implement some special FX for big bombs - thermobaric, napalm... - and nuclear mushrooms is kind of the same, just bigger

Regards!

https://media.giphy.com/media/1Z02vuppxP1Pa/giphy.gif

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

all loadouts should be possible.

You can't have everything. I think that is in the EULA somewhere. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You can't have everything. I think that is in the EULA somewhere. :)

I dont think you comprehend.

Computer-Guy-Facepalm.jpg

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

While nuclear weapons use in today's world is an unlikely scenario, it's not as remote a possibility as people once thought. Check out the following links

http://www.mitpressjournals.org/doi/full/10.1162/ISEC_a_00284

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2017/08/30/commentary/world-commentary/north-korea-end-nuclear-taboo/#.WamLMLKGP9Q

None of this is to suggest nuclear war lies over the horizon. But it is to say it's not some fantastic scenario that belongs squarely in the realm of Hollywood. In other words, the likelihood of nuclear war is probably higher than a U.S. military intervention in the Caucasus (which is the scenario Eagle Dynamics has peddled for over two decades now) and is certainly higher than F-15s and MiG-21s flying in 1944 Normandy.

On a lighter note, all this talk of nukes has got me re-installing GraphSim Entertainment's F/A-18 Precision Strike Fighter.

Edited by CheckGear

• 2 years later...