Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

Just got mine installed with the Warthog adapter.

Having trouble with the configuration tool.

I downloaded the Warthog profile, I follow these instructions:

1. Load the config file

2. Press "set" - here I get an error "no new data" ETA: I had option (set after load) checked, so all I should need to do is step 1. Still no joy on the buttons.

When I load up DCS, everything looks fine. The axes work, but the buttons on the Warthog do not. Is there a separate config file for the buttons?

Back in the VKB Config Tool, if I click on "Button Wizard" I get the following error:

"Access violation at address 00426B7B in module 'VKBDevCfg-C.exe'.

Write of address 0000038A."

Edited by Dino Might

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got mine installed with the Warthog adapter.

Having trouble with the configuration tool.

I downloaded the Warthog profile, I follow these instructions:

1. Load the config file

2. Press "set" - here I get an error "no new data"

When I load up DCS, everything looks fine. The axes work, but the buttons on the Warthog do not. Is there a separate config file for the buttons?

Please verify if the TMW grip is seated correctly. Have a look at the BlackBox - any flashing red Stick LED would indicate that the grip is not connected correctly.

Next - as you already did, is load the TMW profile, and click "set", and then the VKBdevCfg will restart the device with the new profile active.

I assume that the TMW adapter installation went smoothly?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

No flashing red - Blue light on for Sys and Green light on for stick.

Adapter install was fine, although maybe I messed something up. In the picture, there was the ground wire that was on the old warthog connector (black wire with a screw type connector into the stick) but I did not detach and reuse. Might this be the problem?

All I did was disconnect the old Warthog connector and then I put the adapter in, and plugged its wiring into the stick PCB.

I might be a dummy, but the WH adapter I have does not match the one in the instructions:

http://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=tm-warthog-adapter-for-gunfighter

My adapter looks exactly like the one on the site:

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-sim-tm-warthog-adapter-for-gunfighter

ETA: big difference with the VKB adapter is that there does not appear to be a ground wire that gets screwed into the stick frame, like there was with the stock WH connector. The instruction picture adapter has two sets of wires (vice one), and one of those sets contains a ground wire. The adapter on the product page (the one I received) just has that one group of wires that plugs into the WH stick PCB.

Device Report from the config tool:

Report generated by VKB Device Configurator 5/9/2017 10:23:18 PM

Controller : VKB NJoy32 PRO v1.852

Number of logical buttons : 128

Number of HATs : 0

MOUSE - Not used

Virtual Keyboard : Not used

Multimedia Controls : Not used

Windows system Controls : Not used

Edited by Dino Might

For those with Thursday delivery like me, DHL's website claims they'll leave a package if you have a signed note on your door. Careful with doing this though, you're obviously accepting responsibility if someone steals your package.

No flashing red - Blue light on for Sys and Green light on for stick.

Adapter install was fine, although maybe I messed something up. In the picture, there was the ground wire that was on the old warthog connector (black wire with a screw type connector into the stick) but I did not detach and reuse. Might this be the problem?

All I did was disconnect the old Warthog connector and then I put the adapter in, and plugged its wiring into the stick PCB.

I might be a dummy, but the WH adapter I have does not match the one in the instructions:

http://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=tm-warthog-adapter-for-gunfighter

My adapter looks exactly like the one on the site:

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-sim-tm-warthog-adapter-for-gunfighter

ETA: big difference with the VKB adapter is that there does not appear to be a ground wire that gets screwed into the stick frame, like there was with the stock WH connector. The instruction picture adapter has two sets of wires (vice one), and one of those sets contains a ground wire. The adapter on the product page (the one I received) just has that one group of wires that plugs into the WH stick PCB.

Device Report from the config tool:

Report generated by VKB Device Configurator 5/9/2017 10:23:18 PM

Controller : VKB NJoy32 PRO v1.852

Number of logical buttons : 128

Number of HATs : 0

MOUSE - Not used

Virtual Keyboard : Not used

Multimedia Controls : Not used

Windows system Controls : Not used

I'm also having the same problems, can't get then TM profile to load.When I click Set I get a message stating write default no new data.

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I'm also having the same problems, can't get then TM profile to load.

I can get it to load, and the axes work. Check in the settings of the config program if you have "set on load" - then you just load the profile and that's it.

If nothing else at this time, at least get a plane in the air and enjoy the buttery smoothness of the gimbal. I love it already. Just gotta get this software issue straightened out, and then is cargo sling loads onto the frigate all night long!

Them sailors will finally get those magazines and chewing tobacco they've been wanting.

I can get it to load, and the axes work. Check in the settings of the config program if you have "set on load" - then you just load the profile and that's it.

If nothing else at this time, at least get a plane in the air and enjoy the buttery smoothness of the gimbal. I love it already. Just gotta get this software issue straightened out, and then is cargo sling loads onto the frigate all night long!

Them sailors will finally get those magazines and chewing tobacco they've been wanting.

Yes I'm able, to get the axis to work also and program the individual buttons, but the default keystrokes for the A-10C are missing. I agree the stick itself is very smooth.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

How did you program the buttons? I can't get any of my buttons to register input.

Here's what I was wondering about regarding the installation. Did you just plug that one set of 5 wires into the WH stick PCB and that was it? Did you notice the actual wiring setup and colors were different than those in the instruction manual?

2y518uX.png

How did you program the buttons? I can't get any of my buttons to register input.

Here's what I was wondering about regarding the installation. Did you just plug that one set of 5 wires into the WH stick PCB and that was it? Did you notice the actual wiring setup and colors were different than those in the instruction manual?

2y518uX.png

Yes, I received the same adapter and installed it the same way you did, no ground wire. No buttons will register or do anything unless you program them in the game as if you're creating a new profile, but none of the orginal/default keystrokes work at all.

Spoiler:

Yes, I received the same adapter and installed it the same way you did, no ground wire. No buttons will register or do anything unless you program them in the game as if you're creating a new profile, but none of the orginal/default keystrokes work at all.

Ok. I will try remapping keys anew in some of the birds. But the A10C will be...well, rough.

Is there a problem with long vs short button presses (e.g., TMS forward long vs forward short) with the VKB software? I suspect there will be ways to set this up, but I was hoping for a simple profile load and the DCS mappings would have stayed as-is.

Ok. I will try remapping keys anew in some of the birds. But the A10C will be...well, rough.

Is there a problem with long vs short button presses (e.g., TMS forward long vs forward short) with the VKB software? I suspect there will be ways to set this up, but I was hoping for a simple profile load and the DCS mappings would have stayed as-is.

Yes they (TMS/DMS long and short) don't work at all for me. Hopefully, we'll get a solution

Spoiler:

The A-10C default mappings are tied to the TM Warthog. The device identification comes from the base so the sim is not going to automatically assign those mappings since it does not see a Warthog. The only way to fix this would be for ED to add code to link the VKB base to the Warthog mapping. Of course, if they do that then it will also assign the default Warthog mapping to a stock VKB base and grip combo.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I also noticed that trigger, which was joy button 1 is now joy button 8. As long as there are no conflicts (all buttons work), I don't care.

Remapping party! I have the M2000 mapped and everything is great. Except that the gimbal is so smooth that I'm GLOCing into the ground now.

Yeah, I often have stuff delivered to work. Didn't even think about it this time. Anyways, called DHL and apparently their OnDemand service is not working, so it wasn't my error, but no worries, the slip they left on my door had a place to sign for release. Just frustrating that nothing ever seems to work right.

Don't worry, even having a place where I can have stuff delivered doesn't solve all the issues. Last week alone, I've had 2 TV's, and networking gear for 3 jobs delivered in completely the wrong places - I mean, not even in the right city, let alone the right street address. Always fun explaining to a client why their job is not being done when it was agreed it would be...

Z...

The A-10C default mappings are tied to the TM Warthog. The device identification comes from the base so the sim is not going to automatically assign those mappings since it does not see a Warthog. The only way to fix this would be for ED to add code to link the VKB base to the Warthog mapping. Of course, if they do that then it will also assign the default Warthog mapping to a stock VKB base and grip combo.

Thanks, for the reply hopefully ,ED and VKB can put their heads together on this.:thumbup:

Spoiler:

Well last night we retired a little early, and DHL had not delivered my package. They had updated tracking during the day yesterday and changed delivery from Thursday to yesterday.

But alas, no Gunfighter.

Got up this morning and wife went for her morning walk early, and said honey you have a package at the door. Lol, guess DHL dropped it off sometime after we had gone to bed. Luckily I had updated the delivery and agreed for them to leave package without signature.

Have not unboxed it yet, will do so here shortly. I am in no real rush though, as it won't do me much good until I can get that MCG Pro Grip. Will make a nice desk ornament until then though!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I guess I am somewhat dense, how exactly does one secure the grip to the base?

I am looking at the quick installation guide, it shows the 2.5mm allen wrench used but I am not sure how exactly I am to secure it?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Should be a hex bolt with a couple of plastic bits attached that form a v shaped notch. It's in the quick start guide. You can choose anywhere from 0-15 degrees grip offset (twist) for comfort before tightening the hex bolt.

Edited by jocko417

Don't worry, even having a place where I can have stuff delivered doesn't solve all the issues. Last week alone, I've had 2 TV's, and networking gear for 3 jobs delivered in completely the wrong places - I mean, not even in the right city, let alone the right street address.

Many years ago, a shipping company delivered a package, destined for my office in VA, to a state government office in Ontario, CA, USA. Luckily, my contact information was in/on the box and it got sorted out. :doh:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks, for the reply hopefully ,ED and VKB can put their heads together on this.:thumbup:

Yes they (TMS/DMS long and short) don't work at all for me. Hopefully, we'll get a solution

You will also find that assigning things won't work correctly either for the A-10C (i.e. long presses) since the default lua does not contain the special lines that are in the Warthog lua. EDIT: I could be wrong about that. It has been a long time since I rooted through those lua files.

Actually, since I have been dealing with a similar problem for years (the same issue but with the TM Combined that is produced by Target) a quick(quicker than getting ED to change the code), and easy to create, mod is probably the best solution and that is how I got around my problem. I just overwrite the A-10C default joystick lua with a modified one that contains the appropriate lines from the Warthog lua.

Actually, thinking about it a bit more. A mod that just replaces the default joystick lua with the Warthog lua, should do the job perfectly. Well, almost. You will still probably have to reassign some things since the DX values of the buttons probably won't match what you need/want.

Edited by cichlidfan

My first impressions (Gunfighter Pro with WH Adapter):

Amazed at how small the box is. Lots of stuff crammed into it though!

Assembled the stick minus the base as I'm center mounting it in an Obutto R3volution cockpit. Stick is exactly the same height assembled as my existing WH with extension, in fact, GF Pro feels better thanks to extension being S-shaped. Not so much of a reach with stick full forward anymore. :) Drilled some new holes in the WH mount I have and the GF base fits well in the same footprint.

Ran out of time last night so haven't flown with it yet or even played with the software (this is my first VKB product) but it certainly feels comfortable.

Going to install the adapter into the WH grip today. The plastic KG12 grip included is perfectly ok but I can't wait for the metal version!... I think it will really "complete" the Gunfighter once everything is all metal, that and having a few more functions available will be nice.

Pics to follow.

EDIT: Forgot to mention... BIG thanks to Rainer for stepping up when the NA supplier went off the rails. Your constant comms have been much appreciated. Looking forward to doing more business with you in future :beer:

Edited by jocko417
  • Like 1

Should be a hex bolt with a couple of plastic bits attached that form a v shaped notch. It's in the quick start guide. You can choose anywhere from 0-15 degrees grip offset (twist) for comfort before tightening the hex bolt.

Got it, thanks much!

Mine is assembled and dust cover on it ( very nice dust cover included with this), and now put aside waiting on the availability of the new grips.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Anyone having issues after installing the WH adapter?. The stick was working fine for my in the stock set up with both axis and buttons registering.

This morning I installed the warthog adapter but the buttons are not working regardless of which stick I have installed unto the base. If I check the windows game controllers properties, the axis is active but 0 buttons work. I did try to install the warthog profile as per the instructions but no joy.

At the moment the only light I have illuminated on the blackbox is the blue sys light, everything else is turned off. At some point I did have the stick light flashing red though.

Obutto + Gunfighter Pro pics

20170510_105453_zpsczed8c0g.jpg~original

20170510_105521_zpsypd8lxcn.jpg~original

20170510_105903_zpsakyjfkij.jpg~original

Gimbal assembly sits below seat height, with seat as close to the assembly as possible, extension still clears seat front but grip is further aft thanks to S shape. This also makes it more comfortable when pushing the stick forward, the straight extension I was using with my WH stick was a bit of a reach when full forward + left.

Still organizing my cockpit, nothing plugged in yet. I'm planning to make some button boxes for the sides and front, based on the F-86.

Edited by jocko417
  • Like 1

Anyone having issues after installing the WH adapter?. The stick was working fine for my in the stock set up with both axis and buttons registering.

This morning I installed the warthog adapter but the buttons are not working regardless of which stick I have installed unto the base. If I check the windows game controllers properties, the axis is active but 0 buttons work. I did try to install the warthog profile as per the instructions but no joy.

At the moment the only light I have illuminated on the blackbox is the blue sys light, everything else is turned off. At some point I did have the stick light flashing red though.

You may want to read the pages 48 & 49 of this thread. Some other guys seem to have similar problems. And maybe this helps: http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=27&p=26101#p26101. I don't really know if it works, because I still use the Gunfighter with the KG12 grip. As soon as my second Warthog grip is delivered by Thrustmaster, I will give it a try.

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack