** DCS-F14 PRE-ORDER NOW AVAILABLE! Gameplay Reveal Video Update **

Cobra847

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A proud new owner of an F-14 here too

I remember seeing them for real in about 1987 when the USS Constellation visited Fremantle, I was able to get onboard with the Air Force cadets. Wow, they were a huge aircraft.

Well done Heatblur!

Cheers!

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

:clap_2: Congratulations! Bought.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

I'm in, just waiting on my mate if he will get back into flying in DCS. If so then we will buy the two pack for slightly greater discount. Would be a dream to fly together as pilot and RIO in this awesome iconic bird.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Exactly how did people come up with the conclusion that the AIM-54 was designed solely against bombers and cruise missiles even though It was also designed to take down fighter sized targets?

Probably because the political justification was the protection of the CVBG against bombers and the original USN doctrine dictated using the AIM-7 against fighters and reserving the AIM-54 for bomber raids. However, this doctrine was intended to save money since the AIM-54 was viewed as "over kill" against the expected threats, namely the MiG-21 with no forward aspect capability. Once the MiG-23 was in widespread use, plans changed and doctrine allowed squadrons to choose what ever weapons they wished for the anti-fighter role.

-Nick

Exactly how did people come up with the conclusion that the AIM-54 was designed solely against bombers and cruise missiles even though It was also designed to take down fighter sized targets?

At the 31 Minute mark in this video maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXHVScWPGEA

Not saying it's correct, but it's an answer to your question.

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

https://www.cag-51.org/contact

Pre-ordered :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Probably because the political justification was the protection of the CVBG against bombers and the original USN doctrine dictated using the AIM-7 against fighters and reserving the AIM-54 for bomber raids. However, this doctrine was intended to save money since the AIM-54 was viewed as "over kill" against the expected threats, namely the MiG-21 with no forward aspect capability. Once the MiG-23 was in widespread use, plans changed and doctrine allowed squadrons to choose what ever weapons they wished for the anti-fighter role.

-Nick

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It certainly claimed its fair share of fighter sized targets during the Iran/Iraq war.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV