Mig-15 Hope for Campaign/Missions - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-30-2017, 03:05 AM   #11
Babushka

I wished someone can make a Korean War Campaign! Put in the P-51 in it.. That'll be cool! I'll be waiting for it.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:24 AM   #12
firmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babushka View Post
I wished someone can make a Korean War Campaign! Put in the P-51 in it.. That'll be cool! I'll be waiting for it.
Realistic Korean War scenario would be borderline impossible at the moment. Actually not only due to the lack of map but mostly due to unavailability of units (even AI only) from this period of time.
F/A-18, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all
firmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:52 AM   #13
mrbobo

Be annoyed by this if I dropped full price. For £40 I want missions with it, not just the plane.
mrbobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:10 AM   #14
Balzarog

Location: The Democratic People's Republic of Massachusetts, U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmek View Post
Realistic Korean War scenario would be borderline impossible at the moment. Actually not only due to the lack of map but mostly due to unavailability of units (even AI only) from this period of time.
I think the ground unitswould be easier than most think. Most of the U.S. And U.N pixeltruppen are all ready done for Normandy, with the exception of a few models of tanks. Don't forget that the Korean conflict began just five years after WWII. Even the North Korean tanks and other weapons were T-34s and other WWII Russian weapons.

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 3.7 Ghz CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift C2.
Balzarog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:43 PM   #15
Burning Bridges

Quote:
At this moment both planes are needed to play the campaign but due to recent news this will change though the timeline is not known at the moment.
This is the problem here. I have only the MiG 15 but held off buying because I certainly will not get the F-86 just to play a campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelina1 View Post
The MiG-15 is a well made module. I enjoy flying it, and do so quite a bit. For the price, I don't see how you could go wrong. :-)
It is one of the best in the whole game imo, less from the plane itself but from the side of a software product.

The graphic model is perfect and shows no aliasing problems whatsoever (compare that to the horrible state of the Mig21s exterior), the cockpit is fantastic and readable (again compare to the pixelated Mig21 instruments). With diveplane11's Klimov mod it also has one of the best sounds, and it is a very easy to fly plane with good all round view that even a beginner can land.

Right now my favorite module besides the L-39 and the 109K4. If it had a way to switch off the gunsight it would be my number 1 actually.

So the answer to the OP - if his question was "do the owners rate the module as good?" - then my answer would a unequivocal yes.

I also think it's beautiful. Always have a thing for buxom women and 50s planes, so maybe that's just me.
Burning Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:10 PM   #16
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Quote:
The map would be nice but lack of it isn't the main problem. The bigger issue is lack of the units from the era. Furthermore those few that are available at the moment are in some cases not even fully functional - for instance the Bear bomber not being able to drop bombs.
Actually has not a big issue.
-ED has plans to add Cold War AAA and SAM air defence units. Continue working on expand WW2 assets pack, has plans to add more and more AI units, and surely we see some Korea AI unit. Hormuz and future maps coming with proper era AI units.
-3rd parties working on yours "assets packs" as RAZBAM with air and navy free assets to DCS World centred on AV-8B module, and surely other 3rd parties can get ours "assets packs" to other modules and in the future maps.
-Have a 3rd option, show in the last patch´s, the "Chinese team" with the free "People's Liberation Army" pack with naval, air and weapons units. Others team can make specific "era" packs with the EDM plugins, Photoshop and lua coding, and make quality units, talking with ED to donate them and expand some specific AI era units.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com

Last edited by Silver_Dragon; 10-25-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:39 PM   #17
Burning Bridges

I would not mind to fly over Normandy or Caucasus actually.

Caucasus is the home game of the MiGs, and lends to all kinds of training, patrol and border conflict scenarios, and the buildings in Normandy would be semi correct for a 1950s WWIII scenario.

I dont think Europe changed that much between 1945 and 1950 and it would not disturb me much that the few tenements, drive-in cinemas and roads that have been built after the war would be missing. I imagine Normandy 1950 with a bit of extra electrical and neon light and a lot more cars would already do.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:49 PM   #18
firmek

Guys, hold your horses a bit . My comment was from January when Normandy and WWII assets pack were still far from the release.
Now its a bit different story, with units from WWII assets pack the mission planners got some units to play with. Personally I enjoy a lot flying MiG-15/Sabre over Normandy. I think it actually could be a base for a "operation unthinkable" like campaign. Still we're not yet there and "ED has plans" or "3'rd parties have plans" usually means for sure not soon - which still leaves the issue open
F/A-18, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Last edited by firmek; 10-25-2017 at 10:52 PM.
firmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:05 PM   #19
frixon28

My personal dreams/wishes for DCS involves much more infrastructure/immersion with this game. Across all the modules, there needs to be much more units of all kinds that could make you play your module in a far more realistic environment (meaning the units, the maps would be too long to make/costly). I think if DCS could get this out, it would make the game more enjoyable than they realize. Or maybe its just my opinion...
frixon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:21 AM   #20
Burning Bridges

I would be really happy if there was a realistic peace time campaign. with radio traffic, air traffic and mostly routine patrols. Occasional shooting of American spy planes etc would be still believable but the constant full fledged WWIII is actually a bit too much for me.

Part of the reason is that I am still learning (though I have played DCS on and off since 2004) and would never expect to go into war without at least a couple hundred hours flight time and a real understanding of the systems. That aspect always put me a bit off combat in this sim tbh, you either spend your time wading through pdfs or going into war without preparation, there is never a real interactive introduction in the game, like a real pilot career.

Tags
belsimtek, mig 15