How can i run 1.5 after installing 2?

mlazos

The subject says it all.

How can i run 1.5 after installing 2?

I try to find a answer the past few days but I couldn't get a clear answer. I searched in the forum, in google, everywhere. I tried to get an answer, and I did my best so I decided to post in the forum in case anyone can point me to the answer.

Reply only if you know and if you are nice.

No sarcasm please, no bad manners and no bad attitude. I won't tolerate that, if you insult me I will insult you back.

I play DCS since the first Su27 flanker by eagle dynamics back in 90s. I have all the series in the original packaging.

I couldnt play DCS since became 64bit only, and only few days ago i returned. I had an old system and didn't want to spend money for upgrades. I'm not a spoiled child, I work and pay with my own money so until few days ago didn't upgrade my system.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day guys. smile.gif

The 2 are entirely seperate, I have 1.5 live version, 1.5 open beta and 2.0 open alpha all installed on the same machine.

On my desktop there are the 3 launchers, I just click on whichever version I wish to use and off I go. Its that simple.

The only way you haven got 1.5 is if you have uninstalled it, if thats the case re download and reinstall.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Try doing a repair, go into the start bar/programs/Eagle Dynamics and find the right folder then click repair DCS world.

• Like 1

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

I have done this. Still nothing. I really tried everything, all the commands, I did a lot of research before to make this post.

I knew if the issue was known many would jump to start insulting me like people do in the forums.

Not you thankfully :) You are polite and nice

i double click on the 1.5 and doesnt load at all. I even tried the run executable in the DCS 1.5 folder. I need to find the reason.

What file exactly are you double clicking on?

I knew if the issue was known many would jump to start insulting me like people do in the forums.

Welcome to the ED forums! I think you will find for the most part these forums to be nothing like what you describe.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well ok first I have 2 icons, one for 1.5 one for 2. Then in start up I hve the same in 2 different dolders and then in the folders in my HD i also have the 2 different versions in the 2 different folder structrures.

So I have tried everything to run the 1.5, all icons, and in the folder.

I did run the repair command even in the command like, I did all the updates etc.

So the 1.5 is not loading to the boot screen.

Also thanks for replying and Im happy you are all nice people here. Honestly I was reluctant to make a post because I didnt know what kind of reaction i will get.

Ok guys done, its working now. I did one last thing. i manually changed the monitor resolution in case it was preventing the game from loading.

It was my monitor settings, I had to change it manually from the config file.

Im not sure why it couldnt load before but it loads now. The problem was the monitor settings and had to manually change it, there was no gui to change it from inside the game. So keep that in mind, in case someone else has the same problem.

Ok guys done, its working now. I did one last thing. i manually changed the monitor resolution in case it was preventing the game from loading.

:thumbup:

Congrats and have fun! Don't hesitate to post on anything as you go along, lot of helpful folks around here, it truly is a great community.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Glad you got it sorted, not all of us on forums are Asshats mate, some of us are quite civilised :)

"Amen"

I believe you but since it was my very first post, i didnt want my day spoiled for no reason.

I didnt mean to insult abyone, im just careful.

There are many people who really enjoy being bad in forums and i want to avoid them.

Thanks for your reply, you are a good and glad to know you.