Game confused between different config folders?

CHDT

Hi all,

I think I've found a possible explanation of the config troubles some of us have experienced since the latest patches.

On my pc, I'm "admin".

So, I looked into my C/Users/Admin/Saved games/DCS/Screenshots folder and I saw some recent screenshots I've taken.

By curiosity, I looked also into my C/Users/Defaut/Saved games/DCS/Screenshots and I saw too some other recent screenshots (NOT the same ones like in the other screenshots folder).

Is it so possible, since the latest patches, that the game get confused with the settings, sometimes on "easy" sometimes on "realistic", simply because it doesn't look always in the same config folder?

Is there a way for instance to force the game to look only into the C/Users/Admin.... ?

PS: btw, my C/Users/Admin/Apps Data/Local/DCS folder is empty !

Edited by CHDT

UPDATE and a very important one (at least for me) ;-)

So, I've deleted my C/Users/Defaut/Saved games/DCS/ and I've tried some quick missions just some minutes ago.

Torque is back, realistic FM's too, I can get spins and break again my Merlins, it looks that the game is 100% operational again !!!!! :-)

So, to guys having experienced problems like me since the last big patch, try to delete this folder if you find it.

Hi all,

I think I've found a possible explanation of the config troubles some of us have experienced since the latest patches.

On my pc, I'm "admin".

So, I looked into my C/Users/Admin/Saved games/DCS/Screenshots folder and I saw some recent screenshots I've taken.

By curiosity, I looked also into my C/Users/Defaut/Saved games/DCS/Screenshots and I saw too some other recent screenshots (NOT the same ones like in the other screenshots folder).

Is it so possible, since the latest patches, that the game get confused with the settings, sometimes on "easy" sometimes on "realistic", simply because it doesn't look always in the same config folder?

Is there a way for instance to force the game to look only into the C/Users/Admin.... ?

PS: btw, my C/Users/Admin/Apps Data/Local/DCS folder is empty !

"Admin" is not user... you'll always be User. Which is why I've always offered to go back into the Root Folder/ Properties/ Security Tab and set User for Full Permissions (even after running "Install as Administrator ;) , before shutting down and restarting, before running the sim

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I thought I explained clearly the problem.

So again.

I had two DCS folders in my "Users" folders.

One in the "Admin" folder, the other one in the "default" folder.

I deleted the one in the "default" folder ---> problems gone.

yes... check your USER section further :)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"