Tomcat Mini Updates?

b1n4ry

Hello!

I was just wondering, we haven't heard much from you guys lately, i guess you are in something like a crunch time at the moment.

Nevertheless i wanted to ask if you could open a thread similar to Wags "Hornet Mini Updates" where you just give us a quick and dirty insight of what is currently worked on, what is finished etc.

I know there have been "Mini Updates", although i think they weren't that "mini" but quite comprehensive. What i am thinking about is just a small post with 3-4 major development goals/milestones reached.

This is probably quite selfish from me to ask even though i know that you guys are working very hard, but i am really aching for some more info on the baby. :)

I don't know how other feel, but i am literally checking the Forum 10-20 times a day since preorder release. :D

I mean this is just a suggestion. No bad feelings when you have no time for that. :)

edbanner_new.png
AMD R5 3600 @ 4,5GHz, ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti, MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200, Liquid Freezer II 280, Corsair HXi Series HX750i

...i wanted to ask if you could open a thread similar to Wags "Hornet Mini Updates" where you just give us a quick and dirty insight of what is currently worked on, what is finished etc.

+1

Wags' "Hornet Mini Updates" got 273,000+ views with less than 90 posts ( Nov 2018 ). Thankfully without discussions!

Seems to be a verry good idea to have such a thread for each and every project.

Of course for the Heatblur F-14 too.

Honestly at this point and what is certainly the home stretch before release I would personally like to see them not worry about any content like this and continue the great work they are already doing to get us all the Tomcat as quick as possible.;)

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

That's a valid point and I would want to have those updates after the early access release actually. We'll probably get enough YouTube footage early enough anyway just before the release and HB can concentrate on bringing us the 'cat in time.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

That's all right. I think Wags does his Hornet mini updates thread caus he is verry committed and(!) sees things often from the perspective of a user. And, imho, he started it to avoid telling everything twice or X-times on FY, YT,... means to reduce wasting time.

That's why I like his attitude and his posts. If you don't have the time or the personel to do such "sugar giving" without delaying the "big candy box", then I'd prefer the candy box, too.

But I like that sugar :music_whistling:

And 270,000+ views at "Hornet Mini-Updates" tell me: I'm not alone...

(btw. Heatblur does a lot of project updates for us. I appreciate this verry much. I just like the idea of an overview that a mini-updates-thread without discussions can offer.)

Edited by Tom Kazansky