Moon light turns off suddenly before sunrise

ScopeDope

There seems to be a very specific time before sunrise in which the moon gets "turned off". I have a mission I'm creating now and at 05:25 there is almost daylight like, full moon with great visibility. At 05:30 the moon dims down to where you can't see anything, it's pitch black nearly, and it appears that it then begins the sunrise lighting sequence. In that 20ish minute window between, it is now pitch black.

I'm thinking something a bit more gradual needs to be worked on.

Pictures attached to show difference.

Video (at 3x compression) that shows what's happening.

https://streamable.com/93pje

Screen_180614_055939.thumb.png.7d936d8c7797588e679dd125a7fd7c01.png

Screen_180614_060044.thumb.png.9cc97266e1ce47ce32c991e5e3d81e08.png

Edited by ScopeDope

yup, also another issue maybe related is that at late dusk, when all the light over the terrain is gone, the sun is still visible in the horizon instead of hide behind it. I know there is a point at which you cant see the sun at ground level but if you climb you will catch it again but thats the problem, you "catch" the sun but there is no light coming from it.

Take a look at my MODS here

• 4 months later...
Just a friendly bump since this hasn't been acknowledged yet

Just one in a long list of long standing issues that have yet to be acknowledged formally or have the [Reported] tag added to it. Who exactly is in charge at ED of seeing these and acknowledging their existence anyways? Is it Wags himself or someone else?

I guess if you never acknowledge the issue you can pretend it just does not exist, thus removing the need to fix it., regardless of the customer impact or their view. Quite the development strategy.

you can pretend it just does not exist

Nope. Sections of badly commented and/or programmed legacy code is probably what's holding them back ATM, and will do so until it's all replaced. But ignoring problems deliberately? Nope.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

There seems to be a very specific time before sunrise in which the moon gets "turned off". I have a mission I'm creating now and at 05:25 there is almost daylight like, full moon with great visibility. At 05:30 the moon dims down to where you can't see anything, it's pitch black nearly, and it appears that it then begins the sunrise lighting sequence. In that 20ish minute window between, it is now pitch black.

I'm thinking something a bit more gradual needs to be worked on.

Pictures attached to show difference.

Video (at 3x compression) that shows what's happening.

https://streamable.com/93pje

So, it feels like The Truman Show??? :)