Are these "mini-updates" only for

sirrah

I'm a bit confused..

Are these mini-updates for open beta users only?

I'm stuck with Steam (due to incompatibility with stand alone :cry_2:) and MAV's and JHMCS don't seem to be functional.

Also, I was wondering; I know the AIM120C is still WIP, but I noticed they are available as loadout and they also can be fired. So do they currently have the AIM7 specs/abilities orso and is it just a AIM120C skin I'm looking at? (what exactly am I shooting? :P)

(sorry for the thread title.. "open beta" is missing)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On steam, you can go in the game's properties, check the Beta tab and enable Open beta (don't remember the exact name)

AIM-120 has its own caracteristics (and is much better than AIM-7). The only limitation is the Hornet's incomplete radar.

Ah, that explains

And I'll try the Steam open beta option next time :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

No they are two separate installs.

Sure you can patch back and forth between Beta and Release. Been doing this for years now. I'm currently on my phone, so I can't give you a link but there is a Patcher Tool from NineLine (I think) that can do this for you. I do it the oldschool way with commandline. In "/DCS/bin/DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta" or if you want a specific Version you can put the Version number after the @-Sign

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

just in case no one mentioned it,

the command lines and such are only for ED Distribution of DCS World, and not for Steam.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The same content will come to release version once it's been tested by the multiplayer community(* and the showstopper bugs are fixed.

*) and anybody else opting for open beta. I guess there is a large group of willing subjects.

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

as of now there are 0 reasons to still use steam dor DCS....all the new contente is keyless so there is no risk to lose activation keys anymore :)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Nineline was Sithspawn :P
Ah... Damn nicknames!

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.