Power needed to start rolling on the ground

Mud

Hey all,

This isn't a complaint or bug report, but I'm just curious / intrigued.

Why does it take so much power to start moving from a standstill compared to the P-51? I get the feeling that the tires / wheels are sticking.

Looking at this video, it looks like that particular BF-109 starts rolling very willingly at near idle power .. on grass.

Best regards,

Mud

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I'm also experiencing the same thing. I don't really see a reason why it takes so much power to start rolling and when rolling, not as much power is required. In other flight sims like Il-2 Sturmovik, such things are not the case as far as I know, so it's probably a bug and not really intended.

the camber on the wheels is meant to keep the A/C straight (or at least help to) it takes a little more power to get rolling as compared to a pony, go to f2 view and look at the angle of the tires compared the pony, its meant to compensate for the narrow undercarriage the spit is the same setup, just takes a little getting used to

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]