Volair simpit

Anyone have one ? Your thoughts please . Pros/cons ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I have an Obutto R3volution and I love it. The volair isn't far off from the design.

Pros-

Takes less space than the desk that took half of two walls and a corner in the room I'm currently in.

Seat is more comfortable on my back than the computer seat it replaced.

Pedals are hardmounted to the floorplate, so no concerns about them sliding around or tipping.

My stick is centermounted and I love it.

Throttle hardmounted w/ nuts and bolts, have a g-13 mounted next to it (doesn't look like the volair has as many mounting solutions but I'd imagine you could rig some things up if you needed it)

Comfortable - I couldn't go back to simming at a desk. You start to appreciate the pedal placement and seat arrangment in a vehicle for their ergonomics.

Cons -

a little harder to climb out of than a computer chair

mine is riddled in usb cables, my solution was velcro'ing powered usb 2.0 hubs and zipties

Price. Shipping for my Obutto was an additional $200 >.< Unsure how that pans out with volair

No Swivel chair - I really have to crank my entire body to check six in VR.

Conclusion - I love my pit, obutto's keyboard/mouse tray looks a little bigger on the Obutto but I'm a little jealous of the optional arm rests to be honest. That being said - the ease of hardmounting makes everything simming more comfortable to me.. and prior to it i was using a piece of plywood with some ikea tables I"d cut up for a side stick config and my pedals were too close and the stick/throttle "Mount" wobbled. lol. I could've done a lot better over time but getting a pit configured for the task was a definite step up. And I enjoy it just as much for any other task involving my PC. With the extra space I could move all of my music/recording gear in this room as well where I had a separate room for it before.

If you're dedicated to the simming hobby or spend a lot of time at your PC personally I doubt you'd regret getting yourself a pit like volair or similar.

mydesk.thumb.jpg.21a839137df03db716dddcf01151ec86.jpg

- I used double sided sticky pads for the sidewinder on the obutto mounting plate. Also bought the optional WH mounting plates which allowed for nuts and bolts. Oh..and that's my OLD PC with a highly neglected case.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Thanks for the reply ! Armrests are a big factor in my interest in the Volair . I anticipate the shipping to be about the same . My current simpit is a hacked-together mess using hose clamps , duct tape and bailing wire , and the ergonomics and unbolted joystick mount leave much to be desired , making any commercial pit an improvement :)

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Thanks for the reply ! Armrests are a big factor in my interest in the Volair . I anticipate the shipping to be about the same . My current simpit is a hacked-together mess using hose clamps , duct tape and bailing wire , and the ergonomics and unbolted joystick mount leave much to be desired , making any commercial pit an improvement :)

yeah man im sure the volair would be a better situation.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.