Typhoon Weapons by MBDA

Then you may as well uninstall DCS if you think that everything we have in it is 100% accurate.

I don't see why doing a version of the mentioned weapons is a problem other than licensing, all you'd have to do is make sure they were not accurate in certain areas, but only approximations..... like it has always been done....

There is more about weapons integration on a modern combat aircraft. You aren't done with the weapon itself. If you would like to simulate it properly you'd need to develope the aircraft's avionics accordingly to support its employment!

As the avionics capabilities to support Brimstone only come with P3E, albeit the general handling shouldn't be to disimilar to that pf P1E and P2E in that field, the target platform (Block 5) simply doesn't provide the capability.

The captor M is still a tremendous radar.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Will the LITENING pod be included as part of the T1B5 package modelled? I know originally these aircraft could only use precision munitions with external designation but LITENING III was integrated with CP193 in 2006ish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".

A lot of that could be approximated' date=' especially the flight dynamics and yield from footage of it.[/quote']

I think this thread has run its course now.

We have been quite clear which variant we are making and the weapons capabilities it will have, bar the TGP which is still tbd internally.

Pman

How can having nothing be better than having something that's as close as permitted but not 100%?

20% is better than 0%' date=' and let's be fair a lot of sims have done far worse...[/quote']

Well, I guess we could start a lenghty debate about it, but I think it would lead nowhere. We would still have different opinions in the end, because it's more a matter of different philosophies than of right and wrong. So for me it 20% is better than 0 % in this regard.

Regardless of % of accuracy we have to bear our military contracts in mind as well, I really can't / won't expand on that much more than this.

We have our variant we are making, Tranche 1 Block 5, It is our intention to make the best T1 B5 we can :)

We wont do something just because we can get away with it as you intimate with other games/sims may have done in the past.

Many thanks for the support :)

Pman

I like your thinking. By looking through the forums for quite some time now I gathered the impression, that there is a slim, but noticable difference regarding the importance of realism/accurate between the WW2-parts of the forums and the modern jet parts. Since VEAO is doing a lot of WW2 stuff I'm not suprised you want to keep the same accuracy for your modern aircraft :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

We have our variant we are making, Tranche 1 Block 5, It is our intention to make the best T1 B5 we can :)

:thumbup:

Just a random quote, to clear up what this fighter is capable of in RL, Source: Eurofighter GmbH:

The Block 5 capabilities can be described as full air-to-air and initial air-to-ground capability with full carefree handling. The aircraft is cleared for the 9g envelope as intended, with additional features such as sensor fusion, the full Direct Voice Input, enhanced GPS, the DASS (Defensive Aids Sub-System) countermeasures including automatic Chaff and Flare dispensers, radar air-to-surface modes including ground mapping, and initial FLIR (Forward Looking Infra-Red).

In terms of weapons, the Block 5 Eurofighter Typhoon will be equipped with AMRAAM, ASRAAM, IRIS-T and the proven AIM-9L air-to-air missiles, plus the laser-guided bombs Paveway II and GBU-16. External fuel tanks are certified for supersonic flight, while air-to-air refueling is cleared for all customer specified tanker types.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

:thumbup:

Just a random quote, to clear up what this fighter is capable of in RL, Source: Eurofighter GmbH:

The Block 5 capabilities can be described as full air-to-air and initial air-to-ground capability with full carefree handling. The aircraft is cleared for the 9g envelope as intended, with additional features such as sensor fusion, the full Direct Voice Input, enhanced GPS, the DASS (Defensive Aids Sub-System) countermeasures including automatic Chaff and Flare dispensers, radar air-to-surface modes including ground mapping, and initial FLIR (Forward Looking Infra-Red).

In terms of weapons, the Block 5 Eurofighter Typhoon will be equipped with AMRAAM, ASRAAM, IRIS-T and the proven AIM-9L air-to-air missiles, plus the laser-guided bombs Paveway II and GBU-16. External fuel tanks are certified for supersonic flight, while air-to-air refueling is cleared for all customer specified tanker types.

Iris-T is not in use with the RAF so it is unlikely we will do this one, but AMRAAM and ASRAAM are on the list.

Paveway and GBU-16 are subject to internal discussions and TGP development, this is likely however not confirmed yet as the development decision has not been taken internally yet.

Pman

Iris-T is not in use with the RAF so it is unlikely we will do this one, but AMRAAM and ASRAAM are on the list.

Paveway and GBU-16 are subject to internal discussions and TGP development, this is likely however not confirmed yet as the development decision has not been taken internally yet.

Pman

How about buddy lasing? IIRC the Typhoons have been used in Libya in conjunction with Tonkas which used their TGPs to guide the LGBs for the Tiffy.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes you are correct, Tonka's used their pods to light up targets for the Tiffies.

We will examine how this works closer within DCS once the decision has been made on the payload. IF we do not implement the GBU and Paveway then there is no benefit in programming buddy lazing.

So kinda fluffy answer, but can't be more specific until that development decision has been made on the A2G weaponary

Pman

Alright and I really appreciate how you guys keep in touch with the community btw :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
And to be clear on this; just because the A-10C module made by ED has the functionality it doesn't mean we automatically have access to the code functions to implement it ourselves in Typhoon.

That's a whole other discussion I can't go into details about.

I realy hope for good A/G weapons. Razbam did the budylasing thing too on their Plane, so i think the budylasing code shoudnt be a problem. Or do they have more privilegs then you guys? With a decent A/G weaponry this will be my first VEAO Module. Looking forward to a great plane!

SFMBE

I realy hope for good A/G weapons. Razbam did the budylasing thing too on their Plane, so i think the budylasing code shoudnt be a problem. Or do they have more privilegs then you guys? With a decent A/G weaponry this will be my first VEAO Module. Looking forward to a great plane!

Although there will be a2g capability it's not the primary focus of a Tranche 1 block 5 Typhoon, so it will be limited. See my posts above about brimstone, Meteor etc

Pman

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Although there will be a2g capability it's not the primary focus of a Tranche 1 block 5 Typhoon, so it will be limited. See my posts above about brimstone, Meteor etc

Pman

Im totally aware of this, of course the main focus is A/A. I would be satisfied already with dump bombs or rockets and and A/G Mode on the Gun ^^

SFMBE

Pman

Typhoons ability to use a TGP and GBUs will be deciding factor in my purchase.

I love Tiffy, but without PGMs it just wouldnt be it.

Fingers crossed that you guys opt for PMG capability.

Edited by Slipp
Typhoons ability to use a TBP and GBUs will be deciding factor in my purchase.

I love Tiffy, but without PGMs it just wouldnt be it.

Fingers crossed that you guys opt for PMG capability.

As soon as we are able to confirm one way or the other we will :)

Pman

• 3 weeks later...

What's VEAO stance on future developments of the Typhoon? I understand it is probably too early to know for sure, but will you guys plan on developing a Tranche 2 or 3 in the next years, or once you've implemented T1B5, you'll stick with perfecting that specific version? How awesome would it be to know that we'll get more capable A/G abilities one day

Nevertheless, can't wait for this bird!

We've only got permission for a T1B5 right now, and that took about 3 years of discussions.

It's unlikely right now we'll do a public version of a T2 or T3, sorry.

We may implement certain features to the current version that are in later variants but, and its a big but, only if we get access to the aircraft and data.