Removed

CptSmiley

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, now that the new update is out to you guys, I want to let you know of the issues I'm working toward:

- AP Standby "cheat" (Since AP Standby is used so much, some kind of "cheat" to not require constant button pressure for those with sticks that don't have a convenient button for it)

- Fuel flow fine tuning (small adjusts to fuel flow in some regimes)

- Pitch moment with airbrake deployment (investigate pitch response when airbrakes deployed)

- AP roll command vs. speed (make sure roll limits are correct vs speed for AP)

- Pitch control response tuning (needs a minor increase in responsiveness)

- FBW Oscillation condition (edge case where FBW oscillation can be created)

- Aerobraking efficiency too low

- Loss of control surface movement after engine out for short period and returns

- Glide ratio analysis: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196970

Nice list, thank you for the heads up :thumbup:.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Just want to highlight something about AP limitation. It is written in the M2000C doc that the area of use is 50 000ft - 500 ft (200ft for landing). This is what pilots have to respect but not what the plane can do. I mean today when you are in final at 400ft you cannot activate the AP to trim the plane, which is possible in real life (even at 1 ft).

It does not make so much sense that we can fly under 500ft with the AP only if we activate it above. Same problem with the 50 000ft.

What I mean is that the altitude is not a condition for the plane to activate or not the AP but only a pilot instruction.

I would like to have your thought on that.

Gators

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just want to highlight something about AP limitation. It is written in the M2000C doc that the area of use is 50 000ft - 500 ft (200ft for landing). This is what pilots have to respect but not what the plane can do. I mean today when you are in final at 400ft you cannot activate the AP to trim the plane, which is possible in real life (even at 1 ft).

It does not make so much sense that we can fly under 500ft with the AP only if we activate it above. Same problem with the 50 000ft.

What I mean is that the altitude is not a condition for the plane to activate or not the AP but only a pilot instruction.

I would like to have your thought on that.

Gators

+1

How about the INS position update ?

Is that on the list too, since at present (disregard if fixed in the very latest patch), neither the "Fly over" or "Radar" position update works realistic.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

- AP Standby "cheat" (Since AP Standby is used so much, some kind of "cheat" to not require constant button pressure for those with sticks that don't have a convenient button for it)
...recommend an option in the specials section (like trim mode for the Ka-50) where you can tag "Autopilot Standby button: Activate 'Toggle Mode'". This way you do not need another controls-binding, you only change the behaviour of it to work as a toggle switch or not.

You can call it "Toggle mode" or "Latched mode". Currently I am using the "Latched" option in my Saitek Profiler for my AP stdby button. This did the trick for me (pressing button once=AP stdby on, press again=AP stdby off).

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amazing! Thanks!

Would be great to see that you're also working on precision bombing ccrp bug! That is a Mirage feature and makes sense if it worked.

Thanks!

Hey Piston, I did test the precision bombing when updating the campaignfoe 2.5 and for me it worked just fine - which part is bugged? You mean the lack of auto - release?
Hi Baltic!!

Yes, the ccrp cue wont work, it just releases weapon when you press the trigger.

Enviado desde mi Moto Z Play mediante Tapatalk

Hi Baltic!!

Yes, the ccrp cue wont work, it just releases weapon when you press the trigger.

I just tested and it seems to work. I pressed and held bomb release as soon as I saw horiz. line appear, pressed pause and went to F2 view and saw bombs still on, unpaused and bombs dropped a fraction of second later. If you don't press and hold bomb release as soon as line appears it just seems to be dropping instantly because that line moves so fast IMO.

I just tested and it seems to work. I pressed and held bomb release as soon as I saw horiz. line appear, pressed pause and went to F2 view and saw bombs still on, unpaused and bombs dropped a fraction of second later. If you don't press and hold bomb release as soon as line appears it just seems to be dropping instantly because that line moves so fast IMO.

In CCPL + PI (CCRP + Initial Point) you should hold the trigger (MICROB) when the horizontal bar appears and pull up.

The bombs should be released when the horizontal bar reaches the FPM as you climb.

Side note: I know it has been called "precision bombing" since the beginning, even by Zeus himself. It is not, the purposes are:

- stand off delivery

- weather prevents target acquisition during the dive for direct CCPL.

The miss distance will increase with delivery range and will be higher than direct CCPL.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

In CCPL + PI (CCRP + Initial Point) you should hold the trigger (MICROB) when the horizontal bar appears and pull up.

The bombs should be released when the horizontal bar reaches the FPM as you climb.

I thought you were supposed to just level out. Thanks for tip.

The idea is to ingress at low altitude, designate PI, then steer toward target, after release cue appears down the HUD, pull up and climb, triggered depressed (follow roll command) at full AB (aim for +30 degrees climb). When the - reaches -o- the bombs are released.

At least this is how it should work.

The Super Etendard has the same bombing mode.

During the 80' they launched from aircraft carrier for retaliation strike on some terrorist group in Lebanon after UN French soldier bombing.

The initial mission plan was to ingress at low altitude, pop up and perform direct CCPL.

There were some low clouds on target which prevented target designation.

So the flight used pre-briefed back up plan and headed to the PI to perform toss bombing (CCPL + PI).

The story has been told by the mission leader in French magazine.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

I just tested on Open Beta, and no CCPL + PI mode isn't fixed.

The bombs are just released when you press the trigger, and the release cue doesn't indicate when to pull up.

On the other hand, Zeus67 never said it was fixed.

Mirage fanatic !

Right, Zeus told me he fixed it in january but it appeared again and he thought it was fixed. So he acknowledged for sure.