What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

csper

What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?  

1729 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

• I'm so happy thanks ED ! :))
    • I like, but it could be another WW2 plane. :)
    • I dont like P-51D, I want another WW2 plane. :|
    • I want WW2 scenery, not just a WW2 plane!
    • I want Flying Legends series to have only JETs. There is no place WW2 planes at JET's playground! :/
    • I just want ED to make modern aircrafts/helicopters.. :(
    • I want carrier ops!
    • I want two seater cockpit!
    • If Flying Legends will have only ww2 planes, so it has to be independent from moderns..
    • Flying Legends must have helicopters.

Word!!! getting sick of reading this plane and that plane especially when you can clearly tell the poster has no idea whatsover. (Hind, AH 64 just to name a few). Forum should ban teenagers!!!!!

Maybe we should ban old Geezers who want to ban teenagers and think WWII was great. You guys should realize that the majority of people who buy sims are young adults. And they want MODERN JETS and HELI's. WWII had its day, last two decades or so. Not only that, theres a litteral TON of sims for WWII out there (none of which I own). Now people want Vietnam, maybe Korea, and up. Which means they want jets and heli's, and the one or two props that were in Korea. Its good to know now that this was just a technology demonstration that's probably a one off. Eases my mind a little. With a little 1950's tech put in it, COIN loadout, etc., it might even be interesting. Now we just need a 1950's Korean / Vietnam setting.

But if you really want to make this forum happy, please, TELL US ALREADY WHAT JET YOU GUYS ARE WORKING ON! These little surprises are driving the MAJORITY OF US CRAZY!. As you can see from the polls, most want the F-18 and carrier ops, but we would gladly settle for F16, F15, F14, any decent mig, even Alpha Jet. Were not THAT picky. Just a decent modern jet simulation done by DCS. Whatever jet your working on, then 99% of us are going to be happy. Hell, I'll even go for a F-104. Even a jet bomber like the F-111 would be interesting. Just please, for the love of GOD, tell us what it is so everyone can relax! One more "surprise" and we may just riot!

• Like 2

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, people should stop talking about which group of people should be banned, period.

Also, I suggest people should not be too presumtious about knowing what "people" want. Fact of the matter is that ED believes there is sufficient "people" that want this for it to spend money and effort putting the P-51 together. Also, remember that ED may be looking to enter more markets. Some people reacted the same way with the Black Shark announcement, yet look today when helicopters are an accepted part of ED's product lineup and there's a lot of people hoping for one or another chopper.

Finally, polls on this forum do not actually tell you anything on what "most people" want. Even if every single person on this forum were to answer said poll, it would still be a miniscule part of ED's customers. ED uses actual market data for it's decisions. :)

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

They're releasing P-51 because they had it and wanted to share. It's not supposed to really add anything to the series, it's for s--t's and giggles. After the way people are reacting to it, I doubt they'll be inclined to do it again. :/

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

And have yet another "AAAARGH! You should do PLANE X instead!" going on? I like being a moderator, but I can only take so much without needing to be medicated. :D

Hello,

it is statements like that, that make me worry the next DCS jet could be something totally different. Different as in not F16, F18 or my personel wish, the F15C.

Anyways, whatever will be, will be.

BTW. judging from the screenshots and a video somebody postet in that 1000 page long thread (P51 shooting down A10) the product looks done. So where can i get it :D

Yeah that is the standard answer "You don't have to buy it" and frankly it is weak. If you play public servers (and I do) then you have to have interaction with those airframes. A lot of the servers are not going to want WW2 era aircraft in their server but will allow it anyway due to pressure of alienating people and shrinking their server traffic. I am not saying I don't think people should be able to buy it. I am saying it has no business in a modern era combat simulator and should not be made online compatable. When I bought DCS I bought an experience and WW2 does not fit. I have IL2 for that.

As far as third party.... thats a Pandora's Box I never want to see opened.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I actually like some of the newer COIN prop aircraft like Iraq is getting, but even the old SA-7 is a devastating weapon against them. I would not want to be the pilot of one in a modern world. I would guess you could measure your life in minutes. Against a Shilka, FUGGET ABOUT IT!

They just don't have any place on a modern battlefield.

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

Well to be honest your arguments for not wanting it are even weaker. Third party add-ons huge for FSX and yes they range in quality but I see no reason for DCS not to get involved in that market. ED has said in the past any official 3rd party add-on would have to meet the strict quality standard of ED and the DCS series.

You don't know that developing 3rd part A/C for the DCS series will proverbially open "Pandora's Box" thats just an opinion. As for your concerns that servers will have to cater to Mustangs to gain traffic that's just nonsense. Most servers are hosted by individuals and populated by friends/squad mates it's another case of "to each their own". If someone on one of these servers you describe wants to fly a P51 into a modern combat environment then go right ahead I say. If your so big on keeping things real you'll host your own server or find one that meets your needs.

As we used to say in a gaming clan I was in "our server, our money, our rules".

As far as third party.... thats a Pandora's Box I never want to see opened.

THIS! If I want half ass third party stuff, I'll buy MSFS.

If someone on one of these servers you describe wants to fly a P51 into a modern combat environment then go right ahead I say.

Its their life. All two minutes of it.

Have you ever tried third party stuff?

Did you ever tried third party stuff in a combat environment ? (ah..I just discovered that setting questions marks is very easy... instead to explain something....)

Edited by PeterP

You are recycling an old debate. All this has been said before. First off FSX is not even a comparable platform because it has no player vs. player element. FSX is also not nearly as complicated in scope as a DCS title. Second I rather ED concentrate on making their own offerings good and not playing gatekeeper for a bunch of third party software.

It is a very logical opinion. I expect nothing but problems mixing a bunch of software made by a bunch of parties and trying to make it work in an online combat environment. Enter these "upgrades" from ED and your already making a complicated situation even worse.

FSX is

1. Much less complicated in avionics and no planes I know of have anything like data linking

2. The base game has not been upgraded in years so it is stable and not evolving

3. Has no player vs player element (Tac Pac is unproven as of yet)

By the way what happened to that "our server, our money, our rules" gaming clan you were in?

By the way I like your DCS-Mercenaries web site.

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it is statements like that, that make me worry the next DCS jet could be something totally different. Different as in not F16, F18 or my personel wish, the F15C.

Nah, it's just that whichever plane gets selected, there will always be some that are happy with it and some that hate it. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Finally, polls on this forum do not actually tell you anything on what "most people" want. Even if every single person on this forum were to answer said poll, it would still be a miniscule part of ED's customers. ED uses actual market data for it's decisions. :)

I thought that we are the community, since we fly the most advanced, state of the art sims out there and it doesn't sound like P-51 will have an arcade mode to draw console players. Of course there's the FSX-ers and X-Planers, but they're probably all here, too. :)

There's a difference between "the community" defined as "people who hang out on this forum", and defined as "people who play ED's simulators". The absolute majority only register on the forum if and when they need help with something (and even then they often use other forums, like squad forums, simhq, steam, etcetera etcetera).

If the only people buying and flying ED products were the people hanging out here, ED would be bankrupt. :P

There's ~34k users accounts on the forum, this includes a lot of banned spambot accounts and such shenanigans, and of course also a lot of inactive accounts. And if you check the polls, they typically have only a couple hundred replies at most. That's not a very large sample size even for discerning what people that already have accounts here think. :)

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I've flown a lot of sim's in my time, and nothing, NOTHING has come close to the level of realism DCS brings.

As a real life pilot I relish every clickable switch, learning the engine starts, and the insane level of detail that A-10 and BS have.

It will be interesting to see a non modern aircraft with this level of realism. I look forward to it, even if it has no place in a world of SAMs and BVR missiles and whatnot. Just going up and doing an accurately modeled flat spin will be enough for me =)

As for the people complaining, I left SimHQ cuz of crap like that. So far these forums have been the best I've ever been on! Can't we all just get along?!

...wont lie though I do REALLY wanna know what the next Jet is...

I can understand that some WWII simmers are excited that they are FINALLY going to get a real to life sim of a WWII era prop plane. I just wish they had come out with the jet first. The majority would have been a lot happier and a lot more forgiving. Most would be so busy thinking about what they're going to do with X jet, they probably would barely have noticed the Mustang. Or is that why you came out with the Mustang first? :music_whistling:

...wont lie though I do REALLY wanna know what the next Jet is...

My opinions is that since some people want a jet, others want a chopper, the best option is to hit both in one stone and do the Airwolf. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Ohh god, next three days with Airwolf intro stuck in my head

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4