JHMCS and BIT

Eldur

One thing that I noticed is that everytime I turn the HMD off (when not needed) and on again, I'll get a ADV-BIT advisory. The same happens with the ALR-67, but that's not something you'd switch off while airborne. Naturally I'd expect the systems to remember BITs have been done during a "session". Since we're in early access, I don't post this as a bug since I don't know how the real Hornet reacts. Would still be great to know if that's correct or not (in that case -> bug report).

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Leave the HMD switch on the whole flight, you can turn the display off with the Recce Event mark switch in HOTAS controls.

The Hornet continually runs bits on systems without pilot initiation. Theses are called periodic bits or PBITs. So the advisory is telling you the bit failed cause the system is no longer powered

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Such details are always great to know, thanks ajmug.png

I wonder though if those PBITs would blank out the ADV-BIT advisory after a successful run. Never tried that out, usually I just open up the BIT page and press the STOP OSB there to get rid of it. At least now I know the BITs will be ran in background.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg