Menu select "take X" not working anymore?

Sharkku

I appear to be having the same issue with the "Take x" command not functioning.
Please could you give more details such as airframe, what you are trying to do, version of DCS etc., whether easy comms is on or off etc.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Does the command work for standard menu items (e.g.contacting ATC) and does it work if it is the first command you use once you have spawned (and tuned the radio to the correct frequency)? If it doesn't, does it then work once you have pressed the keyboard PTT key?

Do you run Easy comms on or off?

Which version of DCS do you fly?

Which VAICOM extension packs do you run?

Sorry for the questions, but trying to pin down a simple set of steps to replicate the problem (or maybe find that everyone's is different).

Easy comms off

Latest stable release of DCS

Just Supercarrier extension (love this implementation btw)

Never use keyboard. I am in VR so I avoid keyboard. PTT for each radio is mapped to TM Warthog thumb switch.

Voicecoms work fine, but some commands have always been problematic (e.g. intent to refuel, attack primary) for these I used to say "options, take x etc" everything but the take x works.

I also fly VR and have mapped the keyboard PTT key combo to the push of the Warthog thumb button.

When you have problems have you used a SELECT command at all?

Does options > take x work if it is the first thing you do when you have entered the mission?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Voicecoms work fine, but some commands have always been problematic (e.g. intent to refuel, attack primary) for these I used to say "options, take x etc" everything but the take x works.

Just as a suggestion, maybe try "approaching for refuel" and "complete and rejoin" for the two examples you have given.

Just as a suggestion, maybe try "approaching for refuel" and "complete and rejoin" for the two examples you have given.

Thanks will do. There are various commands that seem to not like the Aussie accent. I'm not concerned as the VAICOM package is on the whole fantastic and I can live with the occasional use of "take x" to achieve the outcome. Provided "take x" works!

I also fly VR and have mapped the keyboard PTT key combo to the push of the Warthog thumb button.

When you have problems have you used a SELECT command at all?

Does options > take x work if it is the first thing you do when you have entered the mission?

I will try tonight or tomorrow after work. I will also look up what my keyboard ptt is (no idea if it is even mapped at the moment) and give that a go. :)

Here is a section of my VIACOMPRO.log file. After each command I say you will see the following entry's in the log file EXCEPT for the TAKE command, it never gets the DONE. Like is still waiting to do something.

Tested with Open Beta with several planes, air and ground start, before and after using the Select Command, reset everything and reinstalled software.

Constructing Message...

Done.

DCS mission | tempMission

Resetting selected units.

TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210 AM 251.000 MHz tuned for ATC unit OMAM [AI]

TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210 AM 251.000 MHz tuned for AWACS unit Overlord1-1 [AI]

Captured sentence: request picture

Have result, identified as command: Request Picture

Recipient for AWACS set by frequency.

TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210: [ AWACS ] , [ Request Picture ]

Constructing message...

Done.

AWACS (Overlord1-1): Uzi 1-1, Overlord1-1, clean

Captured sentence: mission options

Have result, identified as recipient: Mission

Have result, identified as command: Options

Searching called unit aux in category Aux

Generic recipient: using selected unit

Getting selected unit for category Aux

Identified unit: Crystal Palace with id 123456789

TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210: [ F10 Menu ] , [ Show Options ]

Constructing message...

Done.

Captured sentence: take 1

Have result, identified as command: Take 1

TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210: [ ] , [ Menu Item 1 ]

Constructing message...

Captured sentence: take 1

Have result, identified as command: Take 1

TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210: [ ] , [ Menu Item 1 ]

Constructing message...

Captured sentence: request picture

Have result, identified as command: Request Picture

Recipient for AWACS set by frequency.

TX1 | COMM1: ARC-210: [ AWACS ] , [ Request Picture ]

Constructing message...

Done.

AWACS (Overlord1-1): Uzi 1-1, Overlord1-1, clean

Hopefully this will help find a fix.

Just doesn't work anymore. Any module, any type start. Stable version, easy comm off.

I also noticed that in the Vaicom Pro console that selecting/deselecting "Allow Options" doesn't show a response in the VA window, unlike when you select/deselect other variables in the VP console

This is also true for me. Sure hope you can fix it.

I think most of the users have this problem, I think they don't use that function.

At least I, today I began to look for those who have this problem, and to my joy I find out that we are several.

I have tested it on almost all models, in Open Beta and stable.

Cheers (And thanks Hollywood if you can figure out what's going on)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

I think most of the users have this problem, I think they don't use that function.

At least I, today I began to look for those who have this problem, and to my joy I find out that we are several.

I have tested it on almost all models, in Open Beta and stable.

Cheers (And thanks Hollywood if you can figure out what's going on)

I do use it (mostly to handle F10 menu items in multi-player) and I do not have this problem. "Take #" is working for me both in the Comms menu

"options" and with "Jester Options".

Come to think of it, you guys who are reporting the problem, are you AIRIO users as well?
I am but only have this issue / messaging becoming unresponsive after takeoff on a few of the modules. What I have found is that it only happens when Easy Comms is off and once I have used one of the modules with an issue it then appears to affect other modules until I restart DCS (no need to restart VA).

For the FW190 my issues start the moment the wheels leave the ground - I have provided @Hollywood_315 with the details and also what I see in the VAICOM PTT window. I am working through the other modules where I have issues to see if the symptoms are the same as this.

Running latest versions of VA, VAICOM and DCS OB standalone

I am but only have this issue / messaging becoming unresponsive after takeoff on a few of the modules. What I have found is that it only happens when Easy Comms is off and once I have used one of the modules with an issue it then appears to affect other modules until I restart DCS (no need to restart VA).

For the FW190 my issues start the moment the wheels leave the ground - I have provided @Hollywood_315 with the details and also what I see in the VAICOM PTT window. I am working through the other modules where I have issues to see if the symptoms are the same as this.

Running latest versions of VA, VAICOM and DCS OB standalone

Ha well then I might have been using a too limited selection of airplanes to know. I think recently I've only flown in the F-14 and F-18.

No. I don't have the F14. Only VAICOM add on is the Supercarrier.

Well that was my thought process that since options were added for AIRIO maybe they were corrupted for people no running AIRIO due to some bug, but that theory was already thrown out the window by Hornblower.

I have done the same. reverted to the last patch until this is fixed.

Does anyone know how to disable the check for updates? Now I have a dialog telling me an update is available for VIACOM PRO every time I start Voice Attack. Not a biggy but it interrupts my DCS startup script.