Strange TV-Screensymbols

Lord_Pyro

Since BS2 i suffer from some strange Symbols on my TV when manually start the Hokum. (I never tried the automatical one)

I've never seen this in BS1 but i have to admit i didn't flew the shark for a long period, so my startupprocedures might be missing some points. (But in this regard i even watched a youtubetut and there weren't any obvious differences)

Here are some Screenshots:

testscreengofd9.jpg

testscreen2zbcc6.jpg

testscreen3t2imm.jpg

This error eventually disappears after some time or some action (really don't know) so that everything is back normal after about 10-20min.

The Shkval is operational in this strange mode, so i can lock and engage targets.

Someone told me this happens if i press alt tab to switch to my desktop but that was not the case.

Anyone ever seen this before?

Try to use some display resolution (Options/System/Res. of Cockpit Displays) without "every frame".

...see this thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=97124

Edited by Suchacz

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, that is not the root cause of this issue. Switch off the mirrors option from the game options, it will remove the clutter on the shkval. I had the same problem, and it worked for me.

Sven

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Suchacz is correct. It is a bug introduced with the last DCS update.

I am afraid it is not, as i also tried the other screen resolutions, it sometimes won't help.

[/TABLE]

That bug happened to me once and I think it was related to alt-tabbing.

Try running your game in windowed mode

edit:

Someone told me this happens if i press alt tab to switch to my desktop but that was not the case.

Sorry, didn't read this part.

But try running the game in windowed mode anyway

Edited by LordLobs

This happens to me after ALT+Tab'ing to the Desktop and back into the game again. My workaround: Reset the weapons system and it's all good again.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thank you. This clarifies a lot. I got indeed the error after ALT-tabbing also. And rebooting the weapons system helps. Sorry for the confusion earlier. I should have explained my shkval display problem a bit better. Anyway, to summarize taking the input from above:

There are actually 2 root causes resulting the skhval display symbols error:

1. Cockpit display controls resolution settings in the options menu are the root cause of this problem.

Workaround: Ensuring that the "every frame" option is NOT selected for cockpit controls, will ensure proper skhval display.

2. Returning to the simulator from an ALT-TAB action (when running full screen), does sometimes result in an erroneous shkval display.

Workaround: Reboot the weapons system helps.

Maybe the ED team can check this post (and previous posts on this topic), and remedy this problem in the KA-50 DCS module?

cheers,

Sven

[/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...