New SteamVR Overlay - How to close it?

rrohde

I haven't flown DCS in a little while, only to find out that the updated SteamVR version now shows the Steam Overlay by default - and I don't know how to close it (or prevent it from loading by default).

What I usually do to launch DCS is is 1) fire up WMR, 2) put on my Reverb, 3) use voice control and say "Go to Start", "Page Down", "Desktop" and then use the mouse to double-click on DCS, and then close the virtual desktop and DCS starts.

However, now I get this huge Steam Overlay in the middle of my view as soon as I put on my headset, and it won't go away - even when DCS is already running.

I don't know how to toggle it off. It uses some form of pointer that follows my head around, but it doesn't work with the mouse.

Needless to say, I don't use my VR controllers at all when flying DCS, they're not even close by.

All I got is my mouse and my HOTAS.

Any advice? I am sure I am not the only one who ran into that as of late. :)

PS: Highly preferred if someone could tell me how to prevent this Steam Overlay from launching ... I checked and I cannot find it in the settings.

Thanks!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I found how to disable it - in case anybody else wasn't aware:

From within the SteamVR Settings, go to "Dashboard", and click the "VR Dashboard on System Button" toggle switch to "OFF".

(And here I was thinking I had to use a VR controller for the task of closing the Dashboard each and every time I wanted to hop into DCS now...) ;)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

are you runnin steamvr beta?? as I dont see the overlay with odysseyplus

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

• 2 years later...

Can I ask, have you ever used Steam Controller API user defined in-game menu?

I play DCS world and use a game-pad, but I can see the menu overlay on the Quest 2 headset.

Any advice would be much appreciated.