Two noob questions

Jester986

So I'm making a cas mission and I want to send a message saying to repeat the mission if the bomb misses so I set up a trigger zone and set bomb in zone and group alive send message. The problem I'm running into though is the message gets sent as soon as the bomb is flying inside the zone and not when it impacts. So is there any way to record a miss and have it check if the group is alive? I have the message working fine for when the group is dead but it comes after being told the bomb missed before it even struck.

Also I know though is probably a simple answer but after the group is dead I want some units to start moving. How do I do that?

I know nothing about coding and scripts so I'm trying to do it all with the trigger functions.

The best way to do this would be through scripting as you could detect the bomb drop while filtering other bomb drops (if any exist in the mission) and check for a hit.

That said you can make something close to that with just triggers. One way might be to have a big zone that detects the bomb drop and then a timer that estimates how long it would take the bomb to impact. The zone would activate a flag:

If Bomb in Zone Activate Flag 1

Next have a trigger that counts from the time Flag activates. You want it to count long enough for the bomb to reach the target. You'll have to determine how long the time is based on your mission.

Once Time Since Flag 1 More than (30 seconds?) and Group Alive, Send repeat message

So basically the repeat message will be sent 30 seconds after the bomb is released unless the target group is dead. You could also try playing with a Switched Condition trigger for the bomb in zone detection because I think when the bomb impacts the condition of bomb in zone will switch to being untrue. If you do it this way you don't need to setup a timer.

As for making units moved based on a dead unit, give the unit to move their waypoints but and a hold action. Make the stop condition for the hold action a User Flag true (check the checkbox). Then have a trigger detect if the other unit is dead:

Once Group Dead Flag 1 On

That will turn off the hold and let the group move.

Edited by Exorcet

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files