Graphics settings help please!

Kenpilot

I just upgraded my system and have been reading a bunch about graphics settings and GPU settings and now my head hurts. Could someone maybe share with me their settings with a similar system or point me in the right direction to get the best experience with DCS 1.5? Thanks!

System:

Intel i7 8700k, not overclocked

EVGA 1080 Ti GPU

16gb Ram

BenQ XL2720 Monitor

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir

Stop reading manuals and put in the settings yourself. You got the best, you can want for DCS

I just saved you a headache and it was that simple

One secret, tho leave the in-game MSAA to off and use the one from the nVidia Panel

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I will add some but remember DCS and sims in general are worse than most games in that the smallest of things can effect performance even on similar machines. I also have a i7 1080ti with a ssd.

1st search and read through the forums and on YT. Many, many screenshots and vids of settings.

Then you will have a starting place. From there it really is up to what you do. For example if flying alone or with a wingman just burning holes in the sky I can run 4k and almost everything cranked. A mission I make with only a few ai, some targets, again full. However, flying the complex, heavy mission bog the machine down quick. You have to adjust. Shadows, eye candy, tree density, cars etc.

VR is another beast all together. You have to use a totally approach to making it look 1/2 way decent yet keep up the performance.

Don't be afraid to try or use the stock settings, in your case high. Then adjust as needed.

The forums,Google and YT will keep you busy. Just don't get to bogged down and fly more than tweak. That said this last update royally screwed things up so be aware. Good luck.

Thanks for the input so far guys. I previously had a 1050 ti and older CPU, which I don't even remember what it was, and then I added the i7 8700k and could tell an obvious difference, but when I put the 1080 Ti in today, and put it on the default High setting, I honestly didn't see much of a difference in anything, I was kinda bummed and shocked. Do you guys think maybe it's cause of my monitor at this point? Maybe I've maxed out it's potential regardless if I use a 1050 ti or 1080 ti? Thanks again

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir

Owww, I automatically assumed, that everyone is on 2.5 OB by now. Silly me

I was referring to 2.5

About 1.5, even I could ran it with medium to high settings on my GPU, so I wouldn't be surprised, if you were already maxing it out with a 1050

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Thanks for the input so far guys. I previously had a 1050 ti and older CPU, which I don't even remember what it was, and then I added the i7 8700k and could tell an obvious difference, but when I put the 1080 Ti in today, and put it on the default High setting, I honestly didn't see much of a difference in anything,

This is no surprise. The 1.5 version really requires a fast processor whereas 2.5 likes RAM and high-end GPU's. Whenever you go to 2.5 you should be in good shape.

I just upgraded my system and have been reading a bunch about graphics settings and GPU settings and now my head hurts. Could someone maybe share with me their settings with a similar system or point me in the right direction to get the best experience with DCS 1.5? Thanks!

System:

Intel i7 8700k, not overclocked

EVGA 1080 Ti GPU

16gb Ram

BenQ XL2720 Monitor

Check out my graphics guide. It's designed to be as simple as possible.

Read my DCS 2.5 Optimisation Guide (version 2.5.4):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3828073