Is it possible to take off this plane correctly without rudder pedals?

artmustel

Crank up the rudder curve to at least 20-25% for a good start, and if it's not enough, You can always tune in some auto-rudder help from special options and use if for a while until You feel more comfortable with this airplane.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks. i also would like to confirm that I should trim rudder all the wight to the right, and aileron 1 notch noise down, is that correct?

Nose down yes. I've *never* found the need to trim the Spit's rudder to the right for takeoff, other people will say different.

Also, if you're having difficulties, make sure "Take Off Assistance" and "Rudder Assistance" is turned off in the special options.

It's very much a hindrance if you're actively trying to learn to use the rudder.

• 1 year later...

I trimmed all the way to the right and back until the P for port is on top. I trim the nose down just a touch. This worked back when I was using my old 3d pro Logitech.

2800 RPM and 9 boost works well eased into it.

The instant the nose tilts left, move your stick to roll right back level.

It actually took quite a while for me to get used to pedals. I could never go back now.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth