best campaign for SP in KA-50

oho

What is the best SP campaign for KA-50? The big Georgian Oil War seems to be a copy of an SU25 ground attack plane campaign. Does it work for the BS?

For example there are waypoints and Targets way behind enemy lines in some Missions, that can't be done in a low flying helo, I would think.

What is your experience with this and the other campaigns.

Thanks for any coment.

I believe many would say the Vergeev Group:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114267

I just flew the second, and most dreaded mission earlier today, so can't really comment on it yet.

Unfortunately only updated to 1.5.7, but a tremendous work by BBQ. One of the reasons why I will keep 1.5 installed for a while. Don't know if it works for 1.5.8, most likely there will be problematic in 2.5. One can only hope and dream it will be transferred to 2.5 some day.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I believe many would say the Vergeev Group

I would, for sure! :thumbup:

If it still works, the "Deployment" campaign is quite nice, too.

I think the "Medvedev II" campaign is also fairly nice, though I never got close to completing it.

All things considered, the Vergeev campaign is still the highest quality single player content for the Black Shark that I know of.

I think the "Medvedev II" campaign is also fairly nice, though I never got close to completing it.

Quite nice, but when I played the last mission there was some issues. Reported it (as some others also had) and did some small changes myself so I could finish it. But according to a changelog a while back some official changes was made, I don't know exactly what it was but I hope it was this issue they corrected.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Yeah, don't fly blindly into the Blue (enemy) zones. Look at your ABRIS to know when you're about to go fence in. Then stop and do a recce. Ask your wingman to do short then longer recon flights, he'll send targets via the datalink. Then start looking there for targets. Almost anything can and will kill you, especially watch out for ZSU-23-2, manpads and the tanks with their sniper missiles. When you get the 'Under Attack' warning its time to move, quickly. When you think everything is nice now, stop and look around. You're about to die. Keep looking for missiles coming your way, the KA50 doesn't have a missile launch warning or RWR, just the Laser Warning System.

• Like 1

Ask your wingman to do short then longer recon flights, he'll send targets via the datalink. Then start looking there for targets.

This is a good one. Don't rush him to go to far to soon. After I send out my wingman I always activate the radio menu so I'm only one key press from calling him back (F7) immediately when he calls out he found an air defense (can be done before receiving the data link target). On his way back I try to take it out, then send him back to scan for more.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Thanks. Did you fly according to the waypoints in georgian oil war. There are some way behind enemy lines which are suicidal. Any tipps on GOW?
I haven't played GOW yet, but don't focus so much on crossing the border, you need to do that a lot in many campaigns and missions, it's how it's used. You flying a helicopter, fly low and slow. Snipe out your targets and sneak out of there. Take your time.

Regarding waypoints, I mostly follow them, but during some missions I only follow them up to my targets. After finishing my objectives I go back the way I came, sometimes there are quite many enemies on your way out if you follow the planed route. I don't see a reason to go another way out if you already have cleared the way in.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I believe many would say the Vergeev Group:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114267

I just flew the second, and most dreaded mission earlier today, so can't really comment on it yet.

Unfortunately only updated to 1.5.7, but a tremendous work by BBQ. One of the reasons why I will keep 1.5 installed for a while. Don't know if it works for 1.5.8, most likely there will be problematic in 2.5. One can only hope and dream it will be transferred to 2.5 some day.

Thanks for the tip!

I downloaded the Vergeev Group Campaign and played the first three missions in 2.5. It worked. In the second mission i just increased the trigger zones for the player so i will not miss any trigger.

The only issue that i had so far is that AI choppers can still fly through trees and because of that, sometimes your lead helicotper is invisible due to trees. ;)