Panavia Tornado [WIP]

I'm gonna be very skeptical here and this is just as constructive criticism and not trying to shut you down, but you're a brand new user, wanting to make a module, and have admitted you know basically nothing about coding, and want to make a full hi-def module?

Sorry, but being realistic, unless your background is in aeronautics, engineering, programming or system design, or you've been involved in making modules and such before/ in other sims, you've got basically no chance.

It takes a team with experienced people on it generally 18+ months (normally more) to bring out a mod with the features you've said you want to have.

I'd suggest you back off a bit, focus on building and animating a quality 3d model, and then follow the guides and release something at the FC3 level first with an SFM and SSM, as a lot of the lua scripting to do that isn't too hard.

That's still a massive job, but at least it's doable as a lot of the tools are available and coding can be fairly minimal.

Once you've done that, then consider building on it by adding a sytems model or constructing an EFM.

Ok, thank you for the feedback. We do have a growing team with good experience and also some good info from a few guys that know crap tons about the tornado and also from another guy at the Saudi Airforce but yes this is going to be a long project. But with a lot of help and full collaboration, I think we have a good chance of pulling this off.

Thank You For the Support!!!! :thumbup:

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G GTX 1050 3GB 8GB Ram 'Beauty MATE' :thumbup:

Owner of PROJECT TORNADO https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221698 :helpsmilie:

I can only agree with the things Buzzles mentioned two posts above. Having no developer-experience with other modules, it should be really hard. Take a look at other mods and how long it took, to bring those projects to a good end - and those aircraft are a lot simpler than the Tornado:

A-4E: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173162

I-16: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=133052&highlight=i-16

And they aren't released yet.

As nice as a Tornado for DCS would be, maybe a simpler aircraft would be better to begin with. Take a look at pitkun's project: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=209992

Thank you For the Feedback mate :thumbup:

Owner of PROJECT TORNADO https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221698 :helpsmilie:

Hello there.

Adding the Tornado to DCS would be a true godsend. It's along time I'm hoping in this, you see.

About the 'much more' topic, are you planning to create the IDS and ECR versions both? I'd like also to find in it that TGP and HAD weapon aiming systems implemented well, if possible, also speaking the same of all its weapon systems.

Even if unfortunately I'm not good at programming and all the other skill you need, I'm going to second your project and follow its going.

Also because I think I have some skills in testing, however.

And also in researching I'm not so bad.

Don't know if this can help you in the future, but please accept it and consider me in when the time comes... soon, I hope.

So, a big thumbup.gif to you and your initiative.

With best wishes and regards,

Thank You for the support mate. We are doing the IDS GR4 and those weapon systems we are yet to discuss. We are definatley going to consider you if you would like to join our meeting which is in 1-2 days feel free to (I will post dates on the discord). Please join the discord and start talking with us there about ideas and other things(if you haven't already). Thanks again for the support :thumbup::thumbup:

Just a tip of advice, nothing else but constructive criticism: you should try and spend more time learning how the DCS API works with interacting mods and 3D modeling with its other components. As I see it, you are completely new to modding in DCS like I was and you have no experience with DCS modding in-all. I highly recommend for you to read the Beginners Guide Demonstration to Aircraft Modding (BGDAM) in the How To section of the sub-forums.

Either than that, I wish you good luck on this project and hope that you succeed well.

Just a tip of advice, nothing else but constructive criticism: you should try and spend more time learning how the DCS API works with interacting mods and 3D modeling with its other components. As I see it, you are completely new to modding in DCS like I was and you have no experience with DCS modding in-all. I highly recommend for you to read the Beginners Guide Demonstration to Aircraft Modding (BGDAM) in the How To section of the sub-forums.

Either than that, I wish you good luck on this project and hope that you succeed well.

Thank you for the feedback. I will definitely look at the guide and educate myself on it and get this project started very soon luckily I have an experienced team that can help me and give me good advice. Thanks again for the support!!! :thumbup:

I applaud your enthusiasm, however, I caution you of the following:

1) An aircraft of this significance will probably be done by a 3rd party at some point. You run the risk of being 2yrs into this project and then finding out your effort was wasted when a 3rd part announces a Tornado. I reccomend you re-evaluate your aircraft and aim for something less likely to be sought by an already established 3rd party (F100, F104, SU17, etc).

2) I see you just joined the forum, so I don't know how long you've been here, but take a look and the TU-22 and Blackburn Buccaneer threads. I'm sure there are many more, but those two will show you how most full aircraft mods end (graveyard). I reccomend picking something simpler and trying for that. Look at the A1. They've been at it for years and are just getting ready for release.

Good luck and hopefully you have the willpower and endurance to last to a full release.

I applaud your enthusiasm, however, I caution you of the following:

1) An aircraft of this significance will probably be done by a 3rd party at some point. You run the risk of being 2yrs into this project and then finding out your effort was wasted when a 3rd part announces a Tornado. I reccomend you re-evaluate your aircraft and aim for something less likely to be sought by an already established 3rd party (F100, F104, SU17, etc).

2) I see you just joined the forum, so I don't know how long you've been here, but take a look and the TU-22 and Blackburn Buccaneer threads. I'm sure there are many more, but those two will show you how most full aircraft mods end (graveyard). I reccomend picking something simpler and trying for that. Look at the A1. They've been at it for years and are just getting ready for release.

Good luck and hopefully you have the willpower and endurance to last to a full release.

Thank you for the support mate I will definitely consider other aircraft but will try my best with this first. As you said let's hope I can get this completed before some other 3rd party developer does it because I am determined :thumbup: you should join the discord we are going to announce all aircraft we are going to do also there will be early updates on there too. Thanks again for the support and feedback. :thumbup::thumbup:

I'm gonna be very skeptical here and this is just as constructive criticism and not trying to shut you down, but you're a brand new user, wanting to make a module, and have admitted you know basically nothing about coding, and want to make a full hi-def module?

Sorry, but being realistic, unless your background is in aeronautics, engineering, programming or system design, or you've been involved in making modules and such before/ in other sims, you've got basically no chance.

It takes a team with experienced people on it generally 18+ months (normally more) to bring out a mod with the features you've said you want to have.

I'd suggest you back off a bit, focus on building and animating a quality 3d model, and then follow the guides and release something at the FC3 level first with an SFM and SSM, as a lot of the lua scripting to do that isn't too hard.

That's still a massive job, but at least it's doable as a lot of the tools are available and coding can be fairly minimal.

Once you've done that, then consider building on it by adding a sytems model or constructing an EFM.

This!

As much as I want a Tornado in DCS, I don't see this project succeeding.

I wish you guys all the luck to proof me wrong though :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This!

As much as I want a Tornado in DCS, I don't see this project succeeding.

I wish you guys all the luck to proof me wrong though :thumbup:

Thanks for the support anyway lolol

Ehm... first of all, but really first, you should contact ED to get their feedback about aircraft availability to be sure that nobody else already has some kind of contract about it. Then you should contact real plane manufacturer, to understand if you could get the rights to use the aircraft name, shape, etc.. and how you could model the system.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

At the moment we are going to be shelving the tornado project until further notice. We'll be starting a new aircraft that people have also shown interest in and it will be announced soon. Sorry to disappoint you all that have been looking forward to the tornado but there are factors that complicate it for newer teams like ours to develop. Thanks again to everyone for the support and we will see you all soon!!

At the moment we are going to be shelving the tornado project until further notice. We'll be starting a new aircraft that people have also shown interest in and it will be announced soon. Sorry to disappoint you all that have been looking forward to the tornado but there are factors that complicate it for newer teams like ours to develop. Thanks again to everyone for the support and we will see you all soon!!

That's what I meant in my previous comment ;)

Anyways, good luck with the new project :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That was fast. Like I said before, if you are REALLY serious about making this into a legitimate business and going 3rd party, start with something simple to learn on. Fieseler Fi 156 Storch (WWII), Cessna 152 (civilian), Polikarpov Po-2 (WWII/Korea), a little more challenging would be F-100 (1950's). Don't try to jump into the 3rd/4th generation jets unless you AND YOUR TEAM are 100% committed to the long haul and you have the financial resources available for a long dev cycle. Look at Heatblur's F14, that's the standard people will now expect if you plan on selling your modules.

... Keep up the good work. It looks amazing

Did I miss something? What looks amazing? I have not seen anything of the "good work" yet except a table of intentions. :huh: And have a look at post #38.

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

If this comes to fruition, oh my god. I just cant keep still with excitment. I really hope this doesnt fall by the wayside. Keep up the good work. It looks amazing

join the discord we are still thinking about it but atm we have already started developing a new jet that is awesome and is one that many people want we still might do the tornado just at a later stage :thumbup: thanks for the support

Edited by djokerslam6