Mission 14 (Odessa) repetitive crash at landing

Hi to everyone

The title is pretty straight forward, but here are some more details.

I do the mission as expected (could manage to do it a second time with my wingman not being shot by the L39), but in both ways, a CTD happens ALWAYS at the same time : at touchdown uppon landing....

It's very annoying as I am pretty sure I am doing everything correctly.

Does anyone have a lead?

Thanks

Remy

• 3 months later...
Hi to everyone

The title is pretty straight forward, but here are some more details.

I do the mission as expected (could manage to do it a second time with my wingman not being shot by the L39), but in both ways, a CTD happens ALWAYS at the same time : at touchdown uppon landing....

It's very annoying as I am pretty sure I am doing everything correctly.

Does anyone have a lead?

Thanks

Remy

Hey! First time I hear about this, if anyone else experienced this let me know. Try to run a repair and disable any mods and see if this helps.

Sorry, can't help you there. I am on this mission as well, but I can't seem to find the yacht! I have found and accidentally attacked a couple of patrol ships, but wasn't able to spot the target vessel yet...:music_whistling:

One thing that works for me is to use the initial location of the boat and create a waypoint there. Then using TAD hook it and extend the line using the bearing of the boat given by Overlord and then create a markpoint somewhere along that line. Then just patrol the area between the hook and mark, flying a few miles to the left or right from it - so that you have a better view. Let me know if it helps and sorry for typos (writing on a phone).

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey! First time I hear about this, if anyone else experienced this let me know. Try to run a repair and disable any mods and see if this helps.

One thing that works for me is to use the initial location of the boat and create a waypoint there. Then using TAD hook it and extend the line using the bearing of the boat given by Overlord and then create a markpoint somewhere along that line. Then just patrol the area between the hook and mark, flying a few miles to the left or right from it - so that you have a better view. Let me know if it helps and sorry for typos (writing on a phone).

I did create the initial waypoint and then flew at the bearing stated on the radio comm, but yes I never though of using the TAD in a more intelligent way. Thanks BD, and goes without saying but your content, campaigns everything is just excellent. Looking forward to your Harrier stuff :thumbup:

• 3 months later...
Try to run a repair and disable any mods and see if this helps.

Sorry people, it took ages since I last checked this post (I don't know why but I didn't get notified for the replies).

Indeed baltic_dragon, something may have been odd with the mods, and I am seriously thinking the A4 Shyhawk was the culprit. I had a similar issue with the F-18 (the only difference is I was passing through the runways concrete upon landing), and kicking the little "bug" solved everything.

Eversince, I could even complete the campaign.

That was a great job people, loved it, will fly it again.

Could also FINALY understand how to set a WPT for JTAC....don't hit the head please :spam_laser:

Thanks again for everyone's help.