Engine paremeters

sideshow

Since aircraft engines are their own beast's I'd like to see deviation between the left and right engine displayed on the IEFI. Basically, at idle no two engines will display the exact same N2, EGT, fuel flow ect. think that would add a little more to not just the Hornet, but all multi engine modules.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

That was kinda my point. Since no two engines perform exactly the same, would it be possible to simulate that with the instrumentation? A picture of the cockpit was released earlier today, and I noticed both engines mirrored each other with every parameter. I'd imagine they'll do that at all operating ranges. It would probably be a ton of work, for something that really doesn't add much to the sim. Just being picky since most of my time in the navy was on Hornet engines.

If anything I think this would only be reproduced in DCS with instrumentation readouts and not actual variation in the fuel consumption or thrust of each engine as that would require twice the computing power (at least I would guess). While this would be kinda neat to see in DCS I would think it's rather far down on the to-do list haha.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

If anything I think this would only be reproduced in DCS with instrumentation readouts and not actual variation in the fuel consumption or thrust of each engine as that would require twice the computing power (at least I would guess). While this would be kinda neat to see in DCS I would think it's rather far down on the to-do list haha.

I think you're right. Just like every module comes from a single being. So does the engines, and their performance.

Pretty sure all the calcs are already being done per engine.

Look at what happens with aircraft like the A10C, F5 etc... if you damage but don't lose an engine, or even easier: if you simply just split the throttles.

All ED would need to do is program in a little bit of variance into it.

Edited by Buzzles

Yup, in real life, twin (or more engines) aircraft have this issue, well it's not exactly a problem but sometimes you have an engine which its output is higher than the other(s), so you need to adjust the throttle to match the output of the engines.

In DCS they perform exactly the same, which isn't a bad thing IMO. But having that kind of detail makes the game even better in terms of realism! ;)

• 5 months later...

This has now been implemented. See https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3398484&postcount=32 and DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - Episode 5: ADF and TACAN Navigation -video.

Thanks ED! :thumbup:

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)