Research, Research, Research!

Cobra847

We've just about wrapped up our final F-14 research trip in the United States! We've visited 6 F-14 airframes, and finished up with a intense photo session and recording session at the PCAM in California. We also met fantastic members of the DCS community and pilots. More info to come!

17884468_701692970018324_2117673682798985445_n.jpg?oh=c2a4c485366422314bd35cb4c78eee4b&oe=59540B3A

17883950_701692986684989_1096507369605090289_n.jpg?oh=57c7723c3bccdf822da28938d856db5e&oe=59803A31

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Looks like you got some awesome sound samples as well. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Awesome! What was the reaction of most of the museum faculty?

We're incredibly humbled to have been able to work with both the Pacific Coast Air Museum and the Hickory Aviation Museum in NC. The amount of gracious and kind, passionate individuals who are helping us bring the F-14 to the next level are a godsend.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

thanks for sharing, appreciate the update.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

What I like is the change in regards to flight sims, back in the 1980's when I satrted to play computer games (Yes that bloody old) museum and professionals generally had some rather different attitudes towards "geeks playing pixel pilots".

I really like the effort put in by Heatblur, the -37 is great and I will definitely get the Turkey as well, Not since Fleet defender has there been a good simulation of it.

Looks like you guys had a nice experience in those pits.

-Staffan-

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

This will be the best module to date.

If they get the FM right, the multicrew aspect working correctly, and the JESTER (adequatly) working when you don't have someone in the backseat, then yes. This will be the best module to date. :D

Based on their work so far, I think it's going to happen.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

If they get the FM right, the multicrew aspect working correctly, and the JESTER (adequatly) working when you don't have someone in the backseat, then yes. This will be the best module to date. :D

Based on their work so far, I think it's going to happen.

Don't forget the carrier! If the CV deck management has some level of sophistication to it, this module will move the bar way more than the Fishbed and Viggen did.

Yes love the level of detail you guys are covering! This has become the module I'm most excited for:D

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Yes love the level of detail you guys are covering! This has become the module I'm most excited for:D

Become? Announcement of this is what got me into DCS many moons ago. It's going to be the ONLY module I fly for quite a while once it comes out.

Become? Announcement of this is what got me into DCS many moons ago. It's going to be the ONLY module I fly for quite a while once it comes out.

Well yeah I've been most excited for this since the announcement too:D Excited for any of the Naval Aviation modules in development but the Tomcat has always been my favorite. Forrestal Class carrier has me just as excited. Been flying on and off the Bush mod for a long time. Can't wait for a more detailed boat with working catapults as well!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord