2.5OB Revised - Plane Spawn Anywhere MOD

SUNTSAG

Hi All,

As DCS evolves MODs can end up no longer functioning. To this end, I have updated my version of this mod to work with the latest updates to 2.5 OB. As before this will not work for FC3 airframes but all other modules should work fine.

It is JSGME ready and can be downloaded here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V1BvFEMAXU0caesgXW1bG-PJK3dQD42E/view?usp=sharing

Cheers

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks ... I've used your Mod a lot on Missions that I made for the Viggen :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Suntsag, thanks so much for this great, great mod. There is a small airfield on the Cacasus map that is not populated which I have made my group's personal airfield. It is now populated with whatever buildings and objects we feel are necessary for WWII scenarios using this map for a substitute for any geographical area imagined.

The problem we are having is that when we land after a sortie, we can't rearm or refuel. Is there anything you know of that we can add to allow this. By that I mean any object I may not have considered. I have added warehouses and fuel tanks to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Suntsag. Are you saying you solved the problem of being able to refuel/rearm anywhere without the need to be close to a FARP or Airfield?

No unfortunately no........ but I have figured out how they can now rearm and refuel without having to have the usual vehicles present. :thumbup:

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Just a heads-up. The me_route.lua file has changed. The 'roundSpeed(a_speed)' function was added and the 'getCruiseSpeed(unit)' function has changed.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Heads UP

me_route.lua changed extensively in OB 2.5.4.26552.

If you use an GME to implement this mod, and you have an aircraft using spawn anywhere in a mission, you may not be able to load that mission in ME or enter Mission Planner when starting the mission. Other nastiness my occur in general, but I haven't checked for that.

Copy the new me_route.lua file into your GME package and re-edit the 4 'action.takeoff' entries into your mod:

Open me_route.lua in the text editor of your choosing.

Search for the function 'plane_one_point' (without the apostrophes).

Add the following lines to the end of that function, before the line with the '}' char, which closes out the function:

actions.takeoffGround,	--added manually by {your name}, as per SUNTSAG
	actions.takeoffGroundHot,	--added manually by {your name}, as per SUNTSAG

Go to the very next function, which should be 'plane_last_point' and add the same two lines to the ende of that function as well.

Save and quit.

Implement with your favorite GME as usual.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Update from 2019-Feb-13: me_route.lua changed again in OB 2.5.4.27314.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• 3 months later...

Update from 2019-Jun-06: me_route.lua changed again in OB 2.5.5.31917.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...

Since today's OB update this mod seems to block the game from running. My game starts loading at the beginning and stops at 40%. Anyone else having this issue?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Since today's OB update this mod seems to block the game from running. My game starts loading at the beginning and stops at 40%. Anyone else having this issue?

I had the same issue, I fixed it by taking the me_route.lua supplied in the mod and put the values into the one from the game files.

My Liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Strider32/apply/

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.0 GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB 8GB DDR4 x2 Kingston 256GB SSD (OS Installed) Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (DCS World Installed) Toshiba 1TB HDD Windows 10 64bit LG 27" 75Hz Monitor TM Warthog w/VIRPIL WarBRD Base Saitek Pro Flight Pedals Track IR

I had the same issue, I fixed it by taking the me_route.lua supplied in the mod and put the values into the one from the game files.

I did the same by simply copying and pasting the file, replacing the original one in the DCS folder. I've always done that after each upadte. Only this time it's not working.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

The 'me_route.lua' script has been changed by ED.

If you copy your old, modded script into the installation, it overwrites the newly updated script ED has put in place, which breaks all kind of thing fixed and setup in the newly updated script.

Follow the instruction in Post#13, above.

--

To properly implement this mod, you must compare your modded script with the original, after EVERY update, to check if something in the 'me_route.lua' script file has changed.

I would suggest using WinMerge. It's an excellent, free utility to compare text files.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

me_route.lua changed extensively in OB 2.5.4.26552.

If you use an GME to implement this mod, and you have an aircraft using spawn anywhere in a mission, you may not be able to load that mission in ME or enter Mission Planner when starting the mission. Other nastiness my occur in general, but I haven't checked for that.

Copy the new me_route.lua file into your GME package and re-edit the 4 'action.takeoff' entries into your mod:

Open me_route.lua in the text editor of your choosing.

Search for the function 'plane_one_point' (without the apostrophes).

Add the following lines to the end of that function, before the line with the '}' char, which closes out the function:

actions.takeoffGround,    --added manually by {your name}, as per SUNTSAG
       actions.takeoffGroundHot,    --added manually by {your name}, as per SUNTSAG

Go to the very next function, which should be 'plane_last_point' and add the same two lines to the ende of that function as well.

Save and quit.

Implement with your favorite GME as usual.

The lines are there in the script already. You mean adding them again?!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I'm talking about the original script, and not some script you downloaded from somewhere at some time.

You MUST maintain the original script contents of the 'me_route.lua' file at all times. If you have modded the 'me_route.lua' file, and ED updates it, your changes will be overwritten by the new file.

You may setup your own 'me_route.lua' file by making a copy of the original and adding the 'actions.takeoffGround' and 'actions.takeoffGroundHot' statements to your copy as I described, and implementing your modded file manually or through OvGME or whatever mod-manager you use.

However, if you do so, you are responsible for checking the 'me_route.lua' file for changes after each and every update. If the 'me_route.lua' file is updated, you can re-implementing your mods as per the previous paragraph.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't work for airplanes for me, only helicopters. So I can only have helicopters set to "take off from ground/hot" and not airplanes.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• 1 year later...