[FIXED] Issues with MW50 usage.

coopes

Would suggest to open free Flight Mission do some turns with upwards and downwards Component with MW50 engaged for 3-4 Minutes, disengage reduce Power to 2700RPM or less and do this again Full Power...

I can full fill this Thread with my Engine Dead from my Replays, but this doesn't seem to Help...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a dogfight on the BS server. Was on 3250 then decided i needed MW50 and started my cockpit stopwatch.

After 3 mins with all pressures and temps fine. Engine came to a complete stop.

Can i get my money back on this module. Its been out a long time and i dont want to fly it anymore. Never used to have this issue.

I will just fly the 109 now where i can run MW50 continuously till the tank is dry.

If your interested in a realism WWII squad, drop by our Discord.

https://discordapp.com/invite/BK7kxZx

I have just bought this modul a week ago and I just found this topic. I thought its normal but I have the same experience that the engine failure using MW-50 seems totally random. Sometimes I can use it for 10+ minute sometimes the engine stops after a 1-2min. Every temperature and pressure displayed within normal range on the indicators. But strangely I have never seen the MW-50 pressure indicator moving its always at 0 Is this normal?

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

I have just bought this modul a week ago and I just found this topic. I thought its normal but I have the same experience that the engine failure using MW-50 seems totally random. Sometimes I can use it for 10+ minute sometimes the engine stops after a 1-2min. Every temperature and pressure displayed within normal range on the indicators. But strangely I have never seen the MW-50 pressure indicator moving its always at 0 Is this normal?

Have you set the MW50 switch to ON? I always set it ON at the beginning of the mission. And when you push the engine beyond 3250 RPM the MW50 is injected and you see the MW50 indicator jump from nothing to maximum.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

It is known bug since the last patch, it is reported for both planes, 109 and 190.

Water-methanol is not working now, until DCS W will be repaired.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

I don't know, it is very random. I just flew on Burning Skies today in 109, and flew a whole tank of fuel and used MW-50 several times, one for at least 4-5 mins. and even forgot to turn it on at first, and realized my mistake when the engine started vibrating. turned it on and it was fine for the rest of the flight.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all,

Just to be clear, lately I haven't flown the German birds much,, but have about 50+hrs in both. as far as the Dora goes, it's engine has always been temperamental, and would on occasion would blow up for no apparent reason. however, I found that after I started making sure the radiator flaps are open before taking off,( don't open them manually) seemed to help a lot. I will test some later and report my results.

I plead guilty also, but lets please try to keep discussion of 109 in 109 forum, to avoid confusion, I was just responding to the post above mine, not trying to hijack or derail the thread.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have asked the team to look into it, and to see if something didnt get merged, I havent heard back yet. Some key people are in the UK this week with Flying Legends, so hoping by the end of the week I will know more.

Thanks NineLine

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

not repaired, moreover with last release increased posibility engine failure after use MW, even it was used for seconds

until this release, i was at least able to stay in the air after using MW, now na way...

it looks like that Dora went back to status before some improvement was done weeks ago

sorry

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

• 3 weeks later...
Still waiting for the team to get back to me on this.

Still don't understand why is Yo-Yo not here for example make statement about this, he is underway in the Forum and haply discussion anywhere about Stuff but not here...

Per example yes we need to change something but it takes while because we have to do first XYZ and not say nothing...

You notice there is little bit change sometimes the Engine is running longer next patch is gone again...

Same was for Torque of the Fw-190 in last patch also out of Place, got also fixed like the P-51...

But currently its more like we don't know what causes this, we say better nothing because before anyone got upset..

This Bug/Future was introduced December 2016 the first one how did a test with the Engine was Player called CMF in the Russian Forum March 2017..

This not a thing from yesterday.... I am buy a Yak 52 when you fix this, will this Help?!??smilewink.gif

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 4 weeks later...

Problem even worse in Open Beta 2.5.23.21153

Since the last hotfix I find that the FW-190D engine is in even worse shape than before. Until that update I could win dogfights against P-51 AI even though the engine sometimes terminated the fight. But now the failure happens so shortly after the mission start that there is no chance at all to succeed.

I tried several times in OB and in the stable release, and there is a definite change.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5