Data Cartridge

Skarp

I really hope that it will include functionally to support a data transfer cartridge that is created during pre-flight mission planning, and loaded in the jet during the start up process. Would bode very well for realism, as well as leveraging great programs such as CombatFlite (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195724)

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 2 weeks later...

I’d expect this to be an easy feature to add, due to the viggen already having this functionality. But then I don’t know how they would have to adapt that to modern functionality and with different systems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DCS Modules: UH1H | F/A18C | FC3 | Hawk | L-39 | AV8B | Viggen | Combined Arms | F-14 | F-16 | Yak-52

DCS Wishlist

Tornado GR4

Sepecat Jaguar

Avro Vulcan

A1H Apache

Anyone know what the capabilities of the real one are (or at least at a high level)?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

This should be a feature in DCS in general as many aircraft use data cartridges to configure various things before getting into the cockpit. There is an F-16 sim out there that does this pretty well. I would be glad if DCS would provide a similar feature.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I really hope that it will include functionally to support a data transfer cartridge that is created during pre-flight mission planning, and loaded in the jet during the start up process. Would bode very well for realism, as well as leveraging great programs such as CombatFlite (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195724)

I'd be pleased to see it also connect to the pilot logbook in the sim. Maybe have a generic template there, that you can load and edit through the editor for specific flights/missions.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

I'd be pleased to see it also connect to the pilot logbook in the sim. Maybe have a generic template there, that you can load and edit through the editor for specific flights/missions.

To add to this, I would quite like to see a data cartridge editor, so you know what you have put in for each mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DCS Modules: UH1H | F/A18C | FC3 | Hawk | L-39 | AV8B | Viggen | Combined Arms | F-14 | F-16 | Yak-52

DCS Wishlist

Tornado GR4

Sepecat Jaguar

Avro Vulcan

A1H Apache

Will the F18 have a programmable data cartridge that will include the weather and save your weapon profiles and waypoints?

I have requested the data cartridge feature at ED. All what's needed is the capability of reading the data cartridge from an external file (already trailblazed by the Viggen). It would open up a lot of possibilities.

The same goes for the A-10C and other modules that support data cartridges IRL.

I'm sure if the crowd's big enough, it will be worth devs' time to make this happen. Pre-flight planning and DTCs are a crucial part of flight ops IRL for a reason.

• 1 month later...
I have requested the data cartridge feature at ED. All what's needed is the capability of reading the data cartridge from an external file (already trailblazed by the Viggen). It would open up a lot of possibilities.

The same goes for the A-10C and other modules that support data cartridges IRL.

I'm sure if the crowd's big enough, it will be worth devs' time to make this happen. Pre-flight planning and DTCs are a crucial part of flight ops IRL for a reason.

Fingers crossed that ED makes this happen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Yes. +1

For me a simple text file in the saved games folder with some special Formated content would surfice me.

So the hornets loads the content of the file into the mission computer (if it exists, otherwise use mission editor values).

Waypoints, sequences and maybe counter measure programs would fine with me.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 This is really needed and I think for every plane where it is suitable. Right now I have to punch in the coordinates manually before every mission(this is especially annoying on servers like blue flag where there are not even a default waypoint except 0 = home airfield).

The mission editor could be used to plan everything(loadout, waypoints, frequencies etc.) then click on the plane export data cartridge, profit.

Implementation should be easy (as it is already done when you edit/fly a mission), only import export needs to be done, it could be a ground crew comm menu item: load data cartridge then a file browser pops up(similar window as the loadout) and win.

Edited by chinpok

I hope this becomes reality. Would be amazing.

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)

• 1 month later...

+1.

Please ED it would great to have some form of data cartridge feature.

Having to setup up customized countermeasure program every single mission is a little pain for me. Oftentimes, I forget until I in the heat of the moment.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I think the best way is to have mission planner access and for several profiles to be selectable to create, save, and load mission planner setups (waypoints, loadouts, etc.) when in this interface before flight.

This utilizes the existing mission planner interface resource.

I think the best way is to have mission planner access and for several profiles to be selectable to create, save, and load mission planner setups (waypoints, loadouts, etc.) when in this interface before flight.

This utilizes the existing mission planner interface resource.

Yes, that how I envision this feature. If someone wants to see a ground crew guy plugging a cable to the jet or to see ourselves walking up to the jet, opening the access door and plugging in a "cassette"... that's cool too:smilewink:

Adding more stuff to ME is probably the best solution.

• 5 months later...

For strike missions this would be a necessary feature for the implementation of JDAMS and other GPS guided bombs.

JDAM can be launched from up to approximately 15 miles from the target and each is independently targeted.

The weapon system allows launch from very low to very high altitude and can be launched in a dive, toss, loft or in straight and level flight with an on-axis or off-axis delivery.

JDAM also allows multiple target engagements on a single pass delivery.

JDAM provides the user with a variety of targeting schemes, such as preplanned and inflight captive carriage retargeting.

Mission plans are loaded to the host aircraft prior to take off and include release envelope, target coordinates and weapon terminal parameters.

The weapon automatically begins its initialization process during captive carry when power is applied by the aircraft.

The weapon performs bit, and aligns its INS with the host aircraft's system.

Targeting data is automatically down loaded to the weapon from the host aircraft.

When the host aircraft reaches the release point within the Launch Acceptable Region (LAR), the weapon is released.

Weapon maneuverability and range are enhanced by fixed aerodynamic surfaces (mid-body strakes) attached to the bomb body.

The primary aircraft for integration and operational testing of the 2,000-pound JDAM were the B-52H and the F/A-18C/D. The F-16, F-14B, F-14D, F/A-18E/F, B-1, and B-2 are also operational users of the 2,000-pound JDAM.

The 1,000-pound JDAM is to be tested and integrated initially on the F/A-18C/D, AV-8B, and F/A-22.

The 500-pound JDAM is to be tested and integrated initially on the F/A-18C/D and B-2.

• 5 months later...

Has there been any movement on this issue or even a response from ED? Typing 8 pairs of lat/long + decimals into the F/A-18C UFC is ridiculous. :) I would implement it myself by just pumping the data into the UFC via simulated key presses, but that feels like cheating. In any case, we shouldn’t need to hack around this issue by simulating UFC data entry if data cartridges are a thing.

Even a super simple structure like maybe an optional file in the saved games for each PP (PP1.lua, PP2.lua, etc.) just to hold the position and elevation data would already make it possible to build our own “mission planning” tools and have the result come up as a “data cartridge” once in the cockpit.