DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

I've done some searching and came up blank I just updated to latest version 1.5.1. And now when using it ive noticed the mic clicks are gone when i initiate comms. has anyone else come across this. i dont know if its a setting im missing somewhere or something else This is in the A10-C

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

I've done some searching and came up blank I just updated to latest version 1.5.1. And now when using it ive noticed the mic clicks are gone when i initiate comms. has anyone else come across this. i dont know if its a setting im missing somewhere or something else This is in the A10-C
Did you use the installer to update?

If you didn't use that to fix it or check the new readme in the zip for updated manual installation details.

From release notes:

Externalised sound files (make sure to use the installer!) to allow customisation

Basically you have to now have files in the right place or no effects :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

If I toggle between 1.5.0.0 and 1.5.1.0 the latest just doesn't work.

Uninstalling latest and re-installing 1.5.0.0 gets it back again.

Please go here for support - https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj please describe exactly what doesn't work too :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Ciribob, I know you would like for me to drop it but I see lotatc. Being more and more apart of multiplayer missions and having atc(gnd,twr,car, awacs,jtac etc)being used like in the real worl making it easier to use one voice app to communicate would be best. You told me the implementation of srs into lotatc is on the back burner is there a way to convert the srs comm the aircraft are using to be imported in to the UniversRadio that lotatc uses by means of a translation app?

Main reason is the workaround now is run dcs in background for the radios but several of the atc positions have no other need for dcs to be running if I understand it correctly. Some can use ca in place of ac gnd needs the f10 map and twr view but the rest until actual atc ac are manned by human controllers have no need for dcs to be running.

Would you please look into a translator for srs and UniversRadio so it wouldn’t matter whose on what a call on one hits the airways of both.

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Ciribob, I know you would like for me to drop it but I see lotatc. Being more and more apart of multiplayer missions and having atc(gnd,twr,car, awacs,jtac etc)being used like in the real worl making it easier to use one voice app to communicate would be best. You told me the implementation of srs into lotatc is on the back burner is there a way to convert the srs comm the aircraft are using to be imported in to the UniversRadio that lotatc uses by means of a translation app?

Main reason is the workaround now is run dcs in background for the radios but several of the atc positions have no other need for dcs to be running if I understand it correctly. Some can use ca in place of ac gnd needs the f10 map and twr view but the rest until actual atc ac are manned by human controllers have no need for dcs to be running.

Would you please look into a translator for srs and UniversRadio so it wouldn’t matter whose on what a call on one hits the airways of both.

It will be worked on, as I said but I don't have unlimited free time. This is a side project alongside a full time job and running BlueFlag and the scripts for it :)

I'm not ignoring but I already gave the answer - building a translation app requires time, and coding so it's the same.

Before lotatc integration there are a few other things I want to build.

It will come, but first I need to send Dart a load of info that I've not done yet, he then has to build some things in, after that it can be done :)

If you want to help - it's open source, I need help with the coding or if not that, the documentation as it's pretty out of date! Pm me here or in discord if so.

Info on the workflow with LotATC, or a video showing the current implementation would also be helpful as I don't know much about it, having only used it once.

Edited by Ciribob

I don't think the SRS keyboard override setting is working in the A10C.

If I don't use the HOTAS control I don't have radios regardless of the settings.

Yup it's bugged, fixed this morning but it'll be out this week if the hornet drops.

Thanks for reporting :)

If you are having problems with SRS launching for a short period into the system tray and not launching its probably caused by the latest windows 10 update (version 1803) . Disable all the audio outputs apart from the one you wish to use in SRS and it fixes it.

What do you use to code in? If it’s something I know or can pickup I will be more than happy to help

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

If you are having problems with SRS launching for a short period into the system tray and not launching its probably caused by the latest windows 10 update (version 1803) . Disable all the audio outputs apart from the one you wish to use in SRS and it fixes it.
Good to know - thank you :)
What do you use to code in? If it’s something I know or can pickup I will be more than happy to help
It's all in C# :)

As I said, if you can pm me a bunch of info on LotATC, videos of usage with Univers Rádio etc thatll help too. Plus help with documentation is needed.

Thanks!

Ciribob,

I suddenly have my VHF UH-1H Huey Radio volume stuck to zero (UHF and FM are working alright with volumes set to max) and I can't change it (2.5.2 Beta with SR 1.5.0.0, didn't try with 1.5.1).

Just wanted to check with you if you have a similar behavior ?

Thanks.

Something changed with the Huey, latest release has updated lua that should fix it :)

New RELEASE Version - 1.5.2.0

.NET Version - PLEASE INSTALL THIS or it may not work: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=53345

Windows 8/10 N Users - PLEASE INSTALL THIS OR IT WILL NOT WORK - Adds the media codecs you need which are removed in the N Version - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions - You'll know when you get the audio initialisation error :)

NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE with 1.4 - Servers and clients must be on 1.5.0.0 or newer

Adds support for the Hornet - switches A10C to have DCS hotkeys. Enjoy! :)

SERVER OWNERS - You need to open an extra TCP port for SRS to work and its +1 above your normal server port. I.e if you run a server on 5002 you need to open port 5002 and 5003 for TCP

AutoConnect Script must be in Saved GamesDCSScriptsHooks now instead of just Scripts folder. Just create a hooks folder in Scripts folder if you dont have one

KNOWN BUG

If you get lag while using the radio, press L Ctrl + L Shift + L to fix. This is a DCS bug i'm trying to work around and is triggered by pressing L Ctrl + L. It doesn't matter if that key is bound or not, it'll still cause lag when you press it

Changelog

• Bug fix for steel series (and possibly other headsets) - thanks to pdxmholmes
  • Bug fix for crash caused by Awacs panel when closing SRS - thanks to Morpheus
  • Hornet addition!
  • A10C now uses DCS ingame hotkeys by default - use always allow SRS hotkeys to override
  • Fix for SRS hotkey override

DCS / VR Overlay and Overlay Configuration

The overlay has 3 states, hidden, small & full that you can see by pressing Left Control + Left Shift + Escape by default.

The Full state has a title bar that you can click and drag the window around with. The window position will be saved for when DCS is next opened.

The radio status is removed after 5 seconds if SRS is closed or loses server connection

To configure the overlay hotkey, run DCS once to create a config file in Saved GamesDCSConfig which will look something like so and quit DCS:

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+escape",
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Edit the "Hotkey" section and add the characters from the keyboard you'd like to use instead. i.e

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+1", -- now uses the combination of ctrl shift and 1 together to toggle
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Dont forget to restart DCS after editing this file or you wont see the changes.

If you want to remove the overlay entirely and never use it, just delete:

• DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg
  • DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua

In Saved GamesDCSScripts

Preset Channel Configuration

Preset channels can be created for all FC3 aircraft and all expansion radios for Non FC3.

Channel presets are created per Radio - full list of names & frequencies here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790 )

Preset files are named after the radio (no special characters needed & case is ignored) and are text files with a single frequency on each line.

For example, to create a fixed channel list for the first UHF radio in the F15C:

Create a file called ANARC-164 UHF1.txt or anarc164 UHF1.txt where you installed SimpleRadio Standalone (where the client exe is), add frequencies and save.

The file will be automatically loaded when that radio appears on an aircraft. The frequency list can also be manually reloaded with the reload button. The files are per radio not per aircraft.

As always, thanks for the support and let me know if there are any issues!

Dedicated support now available on Discord: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST RELEASE: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Video Demo & Installation

Ciribob,

I suddenly have my VHF UH-1H Huey Radio volume stuck to zero (UHF and FM are working alright with volumes set to max) and I can't change it (2.5.2 Beta with SR 1.5.0.0, didn't try with 1.5.1).

Just wanted to check with you if you have a similar behavior ?

Thanks.

Hi Ciribob,

So the Huey VHF (Radio 3 on SRS) is confirmed INOP if left to the default frequency 116.00Mhz. Tried it with a flight of 6 Hueys in MP tonight. None of them were able to hear anything. Then change this to anything else than 116.00 and suddenly the Radio 3 volume goes back to Max and VHF is usable again. Really strange.

Good to know - thank you :)It's all in C# :)

As I said, if you can pm me a bunch of info on LotATC, videos of usage with Univers Rádio etc thatll help too. Plus help with documentation is needed.

Thanks!

Ok ilsend you what I can I’m not the lotatc expert I’ll see if I can either get the info from dart or at least the how to get the info you wanted. Is your code commented well so a novice could follow it? When I initially read your request for help with your documentation not info from lotatc documentation. All of the lotatc documentation is on the website for lotatc

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Hi Ciribob,

So the Huey VHF (Radio 3 on SRS) is confirmed INOP if left to the default frequency 116.00Mhz. Tried it with a flight of 6 Hueys in MP tonight. None of them were able to hear anything. Then change this to anything else than 116.00 and suddenly the Radio 3 volume goes back to Max and VHF is usable again. Really strange.

Is this on the latest release as of last night?

LUA changed in 2.5.1/2.5.2 release

That's is for reporting.

Ok ilsend you what I can I’m not the lotatc expert I’ll see if I can either get the info from dart or at least the how to get the info you wanted. Is your code commented well so a novice could follow it? When I initially read your request for help with your documentation not info from lotatc documentation. All of the lotatc documentation is on the website for lotatc
Sorry wasn't clear - need help with 3 separate things.

SRS coding - it's not really commented but depending on your level you should be able to follow along. It's how I learnt c# :)

SRS docs - sorting out the wiki page on GitHub - needs full info of how to use, how to use with each airframe, troubleshooting guide etc

LOTATC - info on current radio integration, how many radios, how are they controlled (lotatc or via other external program), how you change transmit location etc

The Huey VHF problem comes with 1.5.1.0 and still present in 1.5.2.0. This is in 2.5.0 since 1.5.1.0 and also 1.5.2.0

The problem is:

You turn ON the VHF AM radio and the volume is all the way down. When you move the left knob the first digits of the frequency are moving as always BUT when you move the right knob the frequency numbers AND the radio volume changes.

With every turn of the right knob you change the frequency AND the volume and when the volume is maxed and you turn again the rotary the volume goes to zero again. Máster volume only changes UHF and FM radios.

Tested yesterday with both 1.5.1.0 and 1.5.2.0 on 2.5.0 Release.

Thanks Ciribob

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Just tryed on 2.5.2 and Simple Radio is working nicely on the Huey, on all radios, included VHF AM.

So is a 2.5.0 issue only.

Thanks again Ciribob.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Just tryed on 2.5.2 and Simple Radio is working nicely on the Huey, on all radios, included VHF AM.

So is a 2.5.0 issue only.

Thanks again Ciribob.

Ah great, thanks for the info, you had me worried then! :)

When beta is merged into release everything should be sorted which'll hopefully be soon.

For me Hornets radio says FC3 and doesnt replicate the frequencies I have dialed in. Am I doing something wrong? :)

Are you sure you're on 1.5.2.0, released just yesterday?

In a quick test with 1.5.0.0 yesterday I had the same issue, but 1.5.2.0 adds support for the Hornet.

Gonna check it out myself in 2 hours if the commuter train doesn't break down again. ;)