INS Alignment

Creature_1stVFW

page 55 of the manual tells you what to do.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

to get align status 6 you would need to complete and Enhance Interrupted Alignment and this would take 12 to 16 minutes.

I get status 6 way quicker with a normal alignment :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Nope it only runs through the procedure of “normal” alignment.

For STOR HDG you do not verify the initial position. Simply place INS knob to STOR HDG, wait 90 seconds and watch for "Align" to flash in the left bottom of the HUD. Once "Align" flashes place knob to nav.

I get status 6 way quicker with a normal alignment :huh:

It does not on the RL aircraft.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Can confirm that align 10 is well enough for TGP/GBU usage. My problems were caused by the TGP/steerpoint bugs discussed in other topics. Thanks for all the answers guys!

Hope align 10 will also be enough for other weapons currently in the pipeline, such as JDAM. Waiting ~9 minutes for align 6 each time is borderline unbearable :)

Dima | My DCS uploads

It does not on the RL aircraft.

I see. I really hope ED gets this whole INS/alignment stuff sorted out soon, not just for the Viper, but also for the Hornet... :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I see. I really hope ED gets this whole INS/alignment stuff sorted out soon, not just for the Viper, but also for the Hornet... :(

As long as it is close enough to gets us to the right area, allow the option to simulate full alignment in minutes or STOR HDG in seconds.

INS can and could be quite daunting. Between interrupted alignment, Auto-NAV, Enhance Interrupted Alignment (EIA), NAV Auto Realign Feature (NARF), IBIT, Best available True Heading (BATH), GPS key, GPS constellations, best possible normal alignment, In Flight alignment (IFA) with GPS, IFA without GPS, Position update, etc.

Imagine if they spend the time and resources to simulate all of that? I doubt most of use would even use it or notice the difference.

To whom it may concern,

As long as it is close enough to gets us to the right area, allow the option to simulate full alignment in minutes or STOR HDG in seconds.

INS can and could be quite daunting. Between interrupted alignment, Auto-NAV, Enhance Interrupted Alignment (EIA), NAV Auto Realign Feature (NARF), IBIT, Best available True Heading (BATH), GPS key, GPS constellations, best possible normal alignment, In Flight alignment (IFA) with GPS, IFA without GPS, Position update, etc.

Imagine if they spend the time and resources to simulate all of that? I doubt most of use would even use it or notice the difference.

Well, its DCS, "ultra realistic" so, yeah I want all that :). They already do model GPS constellations apparently.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hornet INS could also be copy-pasta for the most part for the harrier as well.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).