[REPORTED]Engine still runs with throttle in the stop position - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-07-2019, 08:36 PM   #1
hazzer

Default [REPORTED]Engine still runs with throttle in the stop position

As the title says, you can put the throttle in the stop position and it will fire every few seconds and not shut down.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:46 PM   #2
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzer View Post
As the title says, you can put the throttle in the stop position and it will fire every few seconds and not shut down.
Try post track from it it will be easier to check it out. On my end i have no problems shuting down this bird. I've flown it today for quite time.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:46 PM   #3
LeCuvier

In order to stop the engine the throttle must be set to the "AUS" position. There are several ways to do that:
1. Move the throttle as far back as you can and push RAlt + End on your keyboard. (the flight manual says "LAlt+End" but that's wrong.)
Similarly, when you do a cold start, yyou have to use the command "RAlt+Home" to move the throtlle from OFF to Start.

2. Bind a pushbutton to the command "Throttle to IDLE". The naming of the command is misleading. It really moves the throttle to AUS (=OFF). To stop the engine, move the throttle as far back as you can and push that button.
3. My solution:
I use the TM Warthog throttle which has a switch in each of the throttle levers. That switch closes contact when you pull the throttle over the "hump" to the OFF position. I have created a custom command by adding this line to the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua":
Code:
{down = iCommandLeftEngineStop, up = iCommandLeftEngineStart, name = _('Throttle 2-Pos. OFF/IDLE'), category = _('Engine Control')},
and I have bound the throttle lever switch (JOY_BTN9) to that command. This solution handles both IDLE to OFF and OFF to IDLE in a natural manner.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:52 PM   #4
hazzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCuvier View Post
In order to stop the engine the throttle must be set to the "AUS" position. There are several ways to do that:
1. Move the throttle as far back as you can and push RAlt + End on your keyboard. (the flight manual says "LAlt+End" but that's wrong.)
Similarly, when you do a cold start, yyou have to use the command "RAlt+Home" to move the throtlle from OFF to Start.

2. Bind a pushbutton to the command "Throttle to IDLE". The naming of the command is misleading. It really moves the throttle to AUS (=OFF). To stop the engine, move the throttle as far back as you can and push that button.
3. My solution:
I use the TM Warthog throttle which has a switch in each of the throttle levers. That switch closes contact when you pull the throttle over the "hump" to the OFF position. I have created a custom command by adding this line to the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua":
Code:
{down = iCommandLeftEngineStop, up = iCommandLeftEngineStart, name = _('Throttle 2-Pos. OFF/IDLE'), category = _('Engine Control')},
and I have bound the throttle lever switch (JOY_BTN9) to that command. This solution handles both IDLE to OFF and OFF to IDLE in a natural manner.
YES and as I have stated when I have done that the engine carries on running. The only way to stop it is to shut the fuel off or mags.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:55 AM   #5
LeCuvier

Quote:
YES and as I have stated when I have done that the engine carries on running. The only way to stop it is to shut the fuel off or mags.
That's weird! We all had that issue some time ago but it was fixed several updates ago. I suppose you have updated to the latest version in Open Beta? Maybe some file didn't update correctly, a repair might help.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:09 AM   #6
hazzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCuvier View Post
That's weird! We all had that issue some time ago but it was fixed several updates ago. I suppose you have updated to the latest version in Open Beta? Maybe some file didn't update correctly, a repair might help.
Using the latest version and have repaired this many times. The problem has always existed.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:28 AM   #7
grafspee

Quote:
Using the latest version and have repaired this many times. The problem has always existed.
Can you post a track from it.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:32 AM   #8
hazzer

Will do when I get chance
Old 12-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #9
hazzer

Here is the track.
Attached Files
File Type: trk Engine wont stop fw190a.trk (3.53 MB, 71 views)
Old 12-09-2019, 01:36 PM   #10
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Here is the track.
Thanks, I can see it in your track, but I am unable to reproduce.

Ralt+End for Idle and it stops for me, could it be an axis issue?
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote