INS Alignment - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-20-2020, 02:48 PM   #21
Conroy

...but Stored does require "Alt" too, and at least online you get always -xyz without the possibility to change it.

As stated above, TGP looking at a totally different place without accuracy. I've get this problem several times online with "10", TGP non aligned with the HUD-camera.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:48 PM   #22
Santus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconeer View Post
sorry, i wasn't clear in my preious post
You first need to set the knob to align, then highlight all 3 lines

Also if you set the knob to align, the DED will show the coordinates and the status of the alignment. The first 2 digits represent the time when the alignment started, while the second set of digits show the alignment status counting down

was this in SP or MP? small side note is that not all MP servers have pre planned waypoints
Yep! this way it works fine. Thank you

***Livery downloads*** ***Livery Catalog***
Santus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:07 PM   #23
Frederf
Veteran

I don't know if the EGI is different but only manual I've read says that code 6 is not possible with any alignment that is done on a constant heading. Without moving the airplane 10 should be the best code possible.

You're not supposed to re-entry coords with stored heading. If you do so then it's no longer a stored heading alignment and it becomes a BATH alignment. You can re-enter altitude or not though. If the calibration of the previous alignment that allowed the stored heading saved state was good then altitude entry is not needed.

Failure to confirm coordinates flags as degraded and the ALIGN word on the HUD never flashes. Code should be 79.
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 01:35 PM   #24
spidierox

I too have issues with the alignment and negative alt as described above. Anyone knows a workaround ?
spidierox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 02:51 PM   #25
mvsgas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidierox View Post
I too have issues with the alignment and negative alt as described above. Anyone knows a workaround ?
Currently, it is a bug that you can't change the altitude. We just need to wait until the next patch. But even with the wrong altitude, I have not seen anything wrong with the targeting as long as the INS was align properly.

Ryzen 5 3600, Gygabite X570 AORUS Elite, Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 32gb, 500g Samsung 970 evo pro, WD blue 3D NAND 2 TB SATA III, video card=Gigabyte RTX 2070, 8gb gddr 6, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64

Last edited by mvsgas; 01-30-2020 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling
mvsgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 03:25 PM   #26
lee1hy

Coordinates are entered by default. leave default numbers , just go ICP-> INS Select STOR HDG align then and change to NAV when RDY 10 flashes in DED, if faster then NORM
lee1hy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 03:52 PM   #27
capt_bob007

Default HARRIER PROBLEMS

I dont have on the head up display the heading bug or the alltitude ladder,so whats gone wrong with my AV8 module,also no artificial horizon..
auto start nor manual start solve3s this..I bought the early access is this the issue..does anybody know
capt_bob007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 04:01 PM   #28
mvsgas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bob007 View Post
I dont have on the head up display the heading bug or the alltitude ladder,so whats gone wrong with my AV8 module,also no artificial horizon..
auto start nor manual start solve3s this..I bought the early access is this the issue..does anybody know
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217066
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=DCS+AV-8B+INS
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...15#post4184115
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...62#post4176762
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...13#post4170213

Ryzen 5 3600, Gygabite X570 AORUS Elite, Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 32gb, 500g Samsung 970 evo pro, WD blue 3D NAND 2 TB SATA III, video card=Gigabyte RTX 2070, 8gb gddr 6, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64

Last edited by mvsgas; 01-30-2020 at 06:43 PM.
mvsgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 09:53 PM   #29
Santi871
ED Testers Team

Question for mvsgas - have you verified the current INS drift after performing stored heading alignment? Steerpoint LOS indicator on HUD can easily be seen drifting across the HUD at several dozen meters per second while in flight. Seems excessive when docs indicate stored heading alignment quality is very similar to that of NORM. What do you think?

Last edited by Santi871; 01-30-2020 at 10:17 PM.
Santi871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:52 PM   #30
Deano87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santi871 View Post
Question for mvsgas - have you verified the current INS drift after performing stored heading alignment? Steerpoint LOS indicator on HUD can easily be seen drifting across the HUD at several dozen meters per second while in flight. Seems excessive when docs indicate stored heading alignment quality is very similar to that of NORM. What do you think?
Are you confirming the fields in DED when doing a stored heading alignment or not? I confirm and I don't see any meaningful drift.

Proud owner of:
PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs : 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.
My Screenshots
Deano87 is offline   Reply With Quote