Tuned Ground Handling - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-20-2020, 03:18 PM   #11
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafspee View Post
We don't tell anything, person who made this video compared dcs p-51 to real tf-51 and he said that tf-51 would start rolling even at rpm lower then 900 rpm.
Yeah, of course. And how you compare that to the exactly very same conditions in the sim? How can you even tell the conditions are exactly the same? How can you even tell the aircraft are the exact very same, same weight, same conditions, same everything? You can't, and every single one of those details do affect DCS (not so other so called "sims"). So now, from hearing what others say, which could be flawed in the first place ahem, you can tell how much DCS must be finetuned "by ear". Right, so sensible method.

S!
Old 01-20-2020, 04:14 PM   #12
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
Yeah, of course. And how you compare that to the exactly very same conditions in the sim? How can you even tell the conditions are exactly the same? How can you even tell the aircraft are the exact very same, same weight, same conditions, same everything? You can't, and every single one of those details do affect DCS (not so other so called "sims"). So now, from hearing what others say, which could be flawed in the first place ahem, you can tell how much DCS must be finetuned "by ear". Right, so sensible method.

S!
If you actually watched this, you would not ask those question because he explained everything there. weight was the same and conditions were very close
Old 01-20-2020, 07:31 PM   #13
Art-J
Veteran

In either case, being curious, just tried TF-51 with 5 (five) % fuel, Kobuleti, summer weather. Still needed about 1150-1200 RPM to start rolling.

D with full fuel, bombs and rockets required about 1300.

Last edited by Art-J; 01-20-2020 at 07:41 PM.
Art-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:43 PM   #14
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
If you actually watched this, you would not ask those question because he explained everything there. weight was the same and conditions were very close
I did, and no, he did what he could which is way different from really telling that's the exact and perfectly good test.

S!
Old 01-20-2020, 07:45 PM   #15
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-J View Post
In either case, being curious, just tried TF-51 with 5 (five) % fuel, Kobuleti, summer weather. Still needed about 1150-1200 RPM to start rolling.

Did you try winter ones? In cold temps and high atmospheric pressure the engine is way more powerful than summer at ground level.

S!
Old 01-20-2020, 08:42 PM   #16
Quadg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-J View Post

if only you could remove the guns that weigh the same as 3 average people.

you would probably taxi at 950rpm
Old 01-21-2020, 02:36 PM   #17
frumpy

Did you use the file with the P-51D? I don't use that module, just tried it with the TF-51. I am no sure which difference bombs will make. A fully loaded 747 will not move at idle power, while being light it may accelerate without having the parking brake on.
frumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:28 PM   #18
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadg View Post
if only you could remove the guns that weigh the same as 3 average people.

you would probably taxi at 950rpm
you can just drain wing tanks to almost nothing in war time p-51 and you will have similar weight.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:33 PM   #19
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
Did you try winter ones? In cold temps and high atmospheric pressure the engine is way more powerful than summer at ground level.

S!
Engine at taxing power settings will not have big difference winter/summer, it would be logical in difrence 1100 or 1200 not 700 and 1200 rpm.
Btw P-51 in dcs will start rolling at 1000 rpm but it take couple minutes to unglue it self from earth. It will creep froward at this rpm and after couple minutes it will start rolling

Last edited by grafspee; 01-21-2020 at 03:36 PM.
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:26 PM   #20
Yo-Yo
ED Team

Quote:
We don't tell anything, person who made this video compared dcs p-51 to real tf-51 and he said that tf-51 would start rolling even at rpm lower then 900 rpm.
And you still haven't watched this one
Depends on mass and surface conditions. Compare tarmac, smooth concrete and large grain old concrete... Initial friction will be way different. So, it's not a aircraft physics issue but more the surface issue.
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote