[NO, NOT A USAF/ANG WEAPON] AGM-84 on a F-16?

MKLele

Hello guys!

I heard that USAF's F-16C's (Blk 50) have Harpoon capability but it's not listed on "Planned F-16C Systems and Payloads" thread. I've also seen that DCS:F/A-18C will eventually have AGM-84 capability - so the weapon itself is not a problem here. Can someone explain it to me why it is not planned?

Hello guys!

I heard that USAF's F-16C's (Blk 50) have Harpoon capability but it's not listed on "Planned F-16C Systems and Payloads" thread. I've also seen that DCS:F/A-18C will eventually have AGM-84 capability - so the weapon itself is not a problem here. Can someone explain it to me why it is not planned?

Anti-Ship was never really a priority for USAF so it has never added any anti-ship weapons to it's aircraft (for except maybe the heavy bombers), as the US Navy already to do those kinds of missions (cuz well they on the sea).

AFAIK AGM-84's were only used on foreign sold F-16's not on the USAF ones

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anti-Ship was never really a priority for USAF so it has never added any anti-ship weapons to it's aircraft (for except maybe the heavy bombers), as the US Navy already to do those kinds of missions (cuz well they on the sea).

AFAIK AGM-84's were only used on foreign sold F-16's not on the USAF ones

I've heard that USAF's F-16C's (Blk 50) already have Harpoon support they just never really used it...

I've heard that USAF's F-16C's (Blk 50) already have Harpoon support they just never really used it...

I hear a lot of things too, but that doesn't mean that they are always correct :smilewink:

If someone has some more accurate information about this i would love to know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It was mentioned from ED that Viper will have anti-ship capabilities. But I dont see any version of Harpoon in planed weapons list. So im not sure will we get AGM-84.

So I don't know what's "anti-ship capability" according to ED when the AGM-84 is not coming up.

Yeah, but then A-10C also counts to that...

Well, its not exactly the same.

There are systems in place (F-18 for example) that willmake the Maverick act more like a Anti Ship missile. As in, instead of the normal top down attack, the Maverick will go for a side shit of the ship. So the F-16C might have a similar feature to make the Maverick strike the proper spot of a shop instead of attacking from the top as if it were a tank.

• 2 months later...
Well, its not exactly the same.

There are systems in place (F-18 for example) that willmake the Maverick act more like a Anti Ship missile. As in, instead of the normal top down attack, the Maverick will go for a side shit of the ship. So the F-16C might have a similar feature to make the Maverick strike the proper spot of a shop instead of attacking from the top as if it were a tank.

It's a special version of the Maverick that does that, the AGM-65F which I doubt the F-16 will have.

What the F-16 uses to attack larger structures like bridges is a mode called Force Correlation on weapons like the AGM-65 H, K or G.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

• 5 months later...

You see the red thing on the side of the aircraft? Those are cameras for testing, This images only prove that some F-16 tested the weapons, not that is was a valid load for the USAF F-16C form 2007 modeled in DCS.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..