Does Anyone Have Axis Tuning Feature Profiles?

NavyAce

Hello,

I've tagged this onto the end of a couple of other posts but I'll put it out here as a seperate request. I would like mt P-47D, P-51D, and Spit IX to fly as much like the actual planes as possible with respect to stick sensitivity and null zones. Does anyone have or know where to find screenshots/grabs of the graph page in the settings section showing how to arrange the curve lines to accurately reflect this? Thanks.

NavyAce

Hi NavyAce. You can find profiles in the DCS User Files section of the official website. Use both module and file type filters to get what you're looking for.

image.png

I see quite a few P-51D profiles for many different joysticks, but only one profile for the P-47D so far.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey NavyAce, sorry for not answering earlier. No, you won't be able to port Cougar keybindings to your T.16000M.

If you can't find a profile for your joystick, I suggest you get Chuck's Guide for P-47D (PDF) and read the first pages of the guide. He gives advice on how to bind controls for each aicraft.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hi Flappie,

Perhaps I'm not explaining myself accurately. I'm not looking to bind/map anything from one stick to another. What I need are screenshots of the axis curves for sensitivity and dead zones so I can get my virtual aircraft to more accurately react to control inputs from my joystick thus reflecting those of the actual aircraft. Right now my pitch and roll axis' are much too sensitive to input making accurate control difficult. I would like to modify this behavior by playing with the axis curves in the control section but I'm not sure how to move them from the default settings to get the reactions I want. Is there anything like this out there for the P-51D, P-47D, and Spit IX? Thanks for continuing to give me advice.

NavyAce

Hi Flappie,

Thanks for the link to the Spit IX. I went there and copied the settings from the posts and applied them and they have smoothed out things considerably for that airplane. Now if I can only find the same for the other two! I did however notice in fooling around during free flight that I cant use my HOTAS stick button to look around the cockpit (only in the P-47D does this work). I can look around in external view with the mouse but this doesn't seem to work inside the cockpit.

NavyAce