JESTER Interface Volume Extremely LOUD!

Steve Gee

10 minutes ago, RustBelt said:

They say no. It and cockpit switches are on the same “channel” so the only way to do it is turn down in cockpit sound in the audio menu. Which you should do anyways because it’s all too damn loud.

I like the rest of the cockpitsounds very much. The F-14 gives a lot more feedback this way than other modules.  Seems like I have to live with that limitation of an unchangeable squelch volume.

On 5/20/2021 at 2:36 PM, draconus said:

I'd like to make sure these two are still on the tracker.

1. Radar Altimeter knob sound is very loud.

2. Ejection seat arm/dearm has a very high (like 2/3) chance of starting a series of all switches sounds.

Both are still requested since no answer.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

1 hour ago, draconus said:

Both are still requested since no answer.

They have answered in the past. Due to how Digital Lock On Simulator handled audio layers they had to package some weird stuff together. So you either turn it all down, or none of it. 

4 hours ago, Tom Kazansky said:

I like the rest of the cockpitsounds very much. The F-14 gives a lot more feedback this way than other modules.  Seems like I have to live with that limitation of an unchangeable squelch volume.

Turn it down some and you’ll find you can still hear everything fine. Cockpit is mixed WAY too high with all sliders at 100%

14 hours ago, RustBelt said:

They have answered in the past. Due to how Digital Lock On Simulator handled audio layers they had to package some weird stuff together. So you either turn it all down, or none of it. 

Too much excuses I hear lately. I don't even want to know what's the cause of the problem. I don't ask for ETA either. Just simple "We have it on tracker. We'll fix it some day." I'm fine with.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

2 hours ago, draconus said:

Too much excuses I hear lately. I don't even want to know what's the cause of the problem. I don't ask for ETA either. Just simple "We have it on tracker. We'll fix it some day." I'm fine with.

What about HB pinning a regularly updated copy of the Tracker to the top of the F-14's forum? Colour-coded for priority perhaps?  Am I talking crazy?  As mentioned in the recent HB interview, the F-14 is considered to be on the home stretch of Early Access.  In theory the tracker/snagging list should be more manageably sized at this point.  Glancing at the tracker has got to be quicker than waiting for task saturated developers to respond, only to find out they did respond in a different thread you knew nothing about.

Edited by JupiterJoe

On 8/11/2022 at 9:40 AM, draconus said:

Except they EXPLICITLY said they ARE NOT fixing it. It is the way they intended it to work.

On 8/11/2022 at 11:40 AM, JupiterJoe said:

What about HB pinning a regularly updated copy of the Tracker to the top of the F-14's forum? Colour-coded for priority perhaps?  Am I talking crazy?  As mentioned in the recent HB interview, the F-14 is considered to be on the home stretch of Early Access.  In theory the tracker/snagging list should be more manageably sized at this point.  Glancing at the tracker has got to be quicker than waiting for task saturated developers to respond, only to find out they did respond in a different thread you knew nothing about.

You’re 2 years late on this one. They’ve resolutely refused to do this as it’s not their way. 

14 hours ago, RustBelt said:

You’re 2 years late on this one. They’ve resolutely refused to do this as it’s not their way. 

That's my very point.  Two years ago the list of remaining issues to be resolved and systems to be implemented would have been too unwieldy for it to be practicable to share in this way.  Only now is the F-14 is considered to be coming to the end of early access.  Perhaps now the tracker is of a manageable enough size that a snagging list could be shared with the community of Open Beta players/testers.  It may be a more effective method than the current one of people talking over each other across multiple threads.  Case in point: you made reference in your post above that a veteran forum member like @draconus may have missed correspondence/feedback from HB regarding a long-term bug/issue. 

Personally I think you're mistaken.  My point is that this multiple threads system has had its day and it may be time to look at alternatives.

Edited by JupiterJoe

You get that Heatblur is like 10 or so people though right? Them stopping to make an updating issues list eats into their work time?

Technically this forum contains all that information. If it was desired, anyone could make a list of all the reported issues and unfinished plans. Just takes firing up a google doc. 

11 hours ago, RustBelt said:

You get that Heatblur is like 10 or so people though right? Them stopping to make an updating issues list eats into their work time?

Technically this forum contains all that information. If it was desired, anyone could make a list of all the reported issues and unfinished plans. Just takes firing up a google doc. 

You've just pointed out above, in response to Draconus's post, that the Ejection seat arm/disarm switch sound file is working as intended. Could you please post a link to where HB have [explicitly] stated this?

Edited by JupiterJoe
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 1:36 PM, draconus said:

I'd like to make sure these two are still on the tracker.

1. Radar Altimeter knob sound is very loud.

2. Ejection seat arm/dearm has a very high (like 2/3) chance of starting a series of all switches sounds.

15 hours ago, RustBelt said:

Except they EXPLICITLY said they ARE NOT fixing it. It is the way they intended it to work.

On 9/29/2020 at 12:32 PM, IronMike said:

Still on the tracker, yes, we're not sure what is causing it.

These references were pulled from at least three different sources and were spread over a two year period.  This is for a single bug that has been tracked by HB since 2020.  I appreciate they're probably too busy to maintain an updated list, but giving the community a peek at what HB have and don't have tracked could save an awful lot of redundant posts and may be a more efficient way of moving forward.  If no one else thinks so then fair enough, we'll just carry on as we were. 

Edited by JupiterJoe
  • Like 3

On 8/12/2022 at 10:10 PM, RustBelt said:

Yeah, no. They did not and these are still bugs. One happens 50% of time I follow shutdown procedure (ejection seat dearm) and the other one is 100% wrong every time compared to other cockpit sounds which are wrong either but that is another story.

You whiteknight a lot for HB lately. What's your agenda? To not have anything fixed and improved for the Tomcat or you're hyped for some F-4 or EF instead?

@JupiterJoe your idea of bug tracker is not crazy but I suggest to start a thread about it or just simple PM to Mike.

• Like 1

My agenda is I’m tired of hearing the same stuff over, and over, and over. 

And yes, an issue tracker would solve that. But it’s not as if that fixes anything as evidenced by Leatherneck’s issue tracker of years old Christian Eagle 2 issue tracker. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, funkster said:

Is this still being addressed by HB?

Both too loud cockpit sounds and ejection seat arming sounds loop has not been fixed yet.

• 2 months later...

Couldn't handle the loud radio effect either! 

Add this mod to your main game folder with JSGME or other mod manager.

Note that the volume is highly dependent on what you set your "Helmet" volume to and your other sound settings. So edit the sdef files to suit your own setup accordingly.

Jesters voice is not changed, because it can be controlled by the ICS volume control knob.

For Heatblur I reckon they should cut this volume down to at least 1/2 or 1/4 of what it was, or link it to the ICS volume control.

Passes normal integrity checks for MP, but haven't tested with pure scripts since all the good servers I use don't enable that anyway.

F14 Jester ICS effects low vol.zip

• Like 2

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods