[REPORTED]Bizarre night sky texture [Persian Gulf]

VFA41_Lion
Go to solution Solved by Mustang,

Same here. Also is it just me or Viking lights are too dark, but F/A-18C lights are too bright (at least on external view)? Makes refueling at night really hard.

Screen_200603_231124.thumb.png.1924e3e4d6f69dc3285873177a345e72.png

Screen_200603_231128.thumb.png.4122db6d35d680c9f9e6fa8f938c98a9.png

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

by the way, if the gamma/global lighting bugs can get fixed, that new Milky Way effect looked FANTASTIC when I set my Nvidia CP settings to 50% brightness, 100% contrast, and 1.20 gamma. The problem is, you then have to set the in-game gamma so low that, while the Milky Way looks absolutely stunning, the other more important & practical lights are way too dim.

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Have to dissagree. The bubble around the pilot was not a visually appealing effect. At any gamma level. If a true "milkyway" effect is desired it should be in the sky, not shrink wrapped around the camera.

Not sure what you mean? The "bizarre night sky texture" shone in this thread (seemingly baked on to the canopy around the pilot) disappeared with the settings I described above, revealing the milky way up and beyond the high-level cirrus clouds in game. It looks really cool, but it is hard to accomplish... maybe you didn't get past the on-canopy effect mentioned in this thread?

Edited by wilbur81

Not sure what you mean? The "bizarre night sky texture" shone in this thread (seemingly baked on to the canopy around the pilot) disappeared with the settings I described above, revealing the milky way up and beyond the high-level cirrus clouds in game. It looks really cool, but it is hard to accomplish... maybe you didn't get past the on-canopy effect mentioned in this thread?

Those nvidia settings have no effect on vr and the only way to remove all the terrible texture noise in vr is to disable the "milkyway.dds."

Those nvidia settings have no effect on vr and the only way to remove all the terrible texture noise in vr is to disable the "milkyway.dds."

Well that explains it. I don't play in VR. :)

• 4 weeks later...

"Temporary fix - delete or rename milkywayCube.dds in DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Effects\enlight folder."

Just making sure you saw that up above :).

I understand a real fix would be nice... but at least you have a temporary one there.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

@M1Combat yep, thanks for that...been deleting, and BigNewy has reported. Hoping they do fix this along with many of the other visual anomalies in VR.

Edited by unltd

Ryzen 5950x PBO | MSI RTX 3090 | 32gb 3600 RAM | 2 x SSD | Quest 3 | TM Warthog

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...