Nevada Las Vegas - Huey Ambulance Duty

nnWZiLn.png cc3GGbP.png

xzyyxxR.png WdfBbmu.png

I found a modfile with the hospitals that worked with the current DCS 2.5.6. version (YAY) \o/. I have provided download links at the bottom.

Briefing:

One of the president candidates is on a scheduled voting campaign visit in Las Vegas. Due to the candidates visit, police reports indicate increased traffic and civilian presence in the city.

Due to the situation at hand we need to have medevac helicopters on patrol and ready in the sky if accidents occur.

The city mayor is crucial about showing the president candidate that the public services of the city is top notch in performance.

If you are nearby an accident or medical situation you will be informed about the situation at hand.

Hospital list and FM beacon frequencies:

Central: 31

West: 32

West Northwest: 33

Northwest: 34

North: 35

Northeast: 36

East: 37

South: 38

Southeast: 39

Use the hospital FM beacons for navigational support when bringing patients to the designated hospital.

Pay close attention to which hospital you are designated when tasked with a medevac mission.

For refuel and repair purposes there are 3 FARP's located in Las Vegas:

FARP North - nearby Hospital North

FARP Central - nearby Hospital Central

FARP South - nearby Hospital South

Fly safe tonight!

-----------------------

READ ME notes before playing.

Some missions has a limitation to how far away you can land from the site of accident/smoke. Try get as close as possible at all times. This to enforce a touch of realism to it but also to challenge you to land in tight LZ with obstacles like houses, trees etc.

I've created a version for the Mi-8MTV2 helicopter for those who would prefer using that instead. Note that the hospital frequencies are predefined for the helicopter as well as a frequency for one of the out of city missions (no spoilers allowed, you can figure it out when it comes to it). To make the out of city missions more convinient for Mi-8MTV2 pilots I've added information about actual grids of relevance as a reference point along with more specific details on some missions. A proper skin for the Mi-8MTV2 is provided in it's mission folder as well.

Following mods required:

Civil_Objects.zip

Helipads.zip

natoGF.zip

Mods download link

Following skins required (for that immersiveness yo!):

UH-1H Ambulance skin high res

Mi-8MTV2 SAR - Civilian.zip

Due to DCS version 2.5.6 a DX11 renderar error has arisen:

DX11 Renderer - Error

Shader "model/fake_spot_lights_fx" failed to compile - HRESULT: Error_Path_Not_Found.

FIX: Download this ZIP file and extract the files to the "DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\model" folder

Backup files beforehand if needed (always a good habit just in case!)

-----------------------

Note that textfiles are located in the missions folder that shows where to put mods and liveries (skins).

I have also placed the LUA files used in the dropbox folders - just in case you for some reason would need to reentry them into the mission but I doubt that will be necessary. If this turns out to be a problem please let me know.

The mission is using RagnarDa's Dynamic Medevac Script on some of the rescue missions. Big thanks to RagnarDa for the script.

Also would like to thank Shagrat that helped me with configuring the script so the MASH would detect the heli presence above ground level.

Simply the mission is all about flying around Las Vegas with a ambulance Huey. Once you enter a mission area (trigger) you will be tasked to pick up and bring patients back to one of the 9 hospitals located in the city. 3 FARP's have been placed in the city as well - make sure to read up on the briefing thoroughly. There is roughly about 65 rescue missions in the mission file all with their own unique sitrep.

There are some missions that are positioned on the outskirts of the city urban area so don't be shy to push the limits just outside the city

border. Some missions that can be triggered will be more of a out of city rescue operations - something like an easter egg but no more

needed than to enter the actual trigger area to start the mission.

Purpose of the mission is to offer a fun experience of learning to fly the Huey with takeoff, flight and landing, as well as immersive mission experience.

I've spent about 1-2 month in time length (not total) to finish this mission so I hope it will bring you alot of fun.

There are two mission file versions - Dusk and Dawn. Simply choose at which time you wanna fly. If you wanna fly during daytime or nighttime simply adjust the time of your choosing.

Up to 9 players can play at the same time (1 Huey per hospital) - Note that if one player triggers a mission, the other players will be notified as well.

If you play with friends I suggest selecting hospital positions close to eachother and then meet up at one of them or halfway between them to trigger the same missions (fly as a group). Or fly alone as you see fit.

If something is out of place or not working please let me know. Every mission should work as intended.

Mission (UH-1H version)

Mission (Mi-8MTV2 version)

Mission Preview:

Edited by NoFear1979

PC: Good enough for running DCS flawlessly on high end settings :thumbup:

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Slaw Device Rudder Pedals

Trackhat Headtracker

Update

Fixed a condition on one of the missions (of course I find it after posting lol).

Mission files are updated.

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker

• 2 weeks later...

Announcement

Currently in progress:

- Extending the time that situation reports for each mission is shown.

- Adjusting some of the rescue missions to work better condition wise.

- Adjusting conditions on some rescue missions that are not correct.

E.T.A on completing changes: Until the end of this week.

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker

Cool stuff. I love the Civilian missions for the Huey. Nice change of pace from getting shot at.

Thanx for your input. Give me until the weekend to fix above mentioned and you will have a better mission experience :thumbup:

Trackhat Headtracker

Update

Actual mission files located in the dropbox folder link have now been updated.

Fixes summary:

- Extending the time that situation reports for each mission shown has now been adjusted to give reasonable time for the player to read through the information provided without stress.

- Adjusting some of the rescue missions to work better condition wise has been fixed.

- Adjusting conditions on some rescue missions that are not correct has now been fixed.

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker

• 2 weeks later...
hi,

I have some issues with the mods. I did place them to the saved games\dcs.openbeta\Mods\tech. However I always receive the message that there are not loaded. Any idea?

Tx

Let me look into it and get back to you on the matter.

Trackhat Headtracker

hi,

I have some issues with the mods. I did place them to the saved games\dcs.openbeta\Mods\tech. However I always receive the message that there are not loaded. Any idea?

Tx

Just to verify

1. All mods have been unpacked from the rar files?

2. You are using the correct user and folder pathway for the mod files? - sometimes you have administrator user folder along with a personal user folder that corresponds to specific login.

3. Presumably you have openbeta selected/used if using steam version or the non steam version?

My bet is that either 1 or 2 or both is the probably cause of your issue.

Trackhat Headtracker

Really awesome mission!

had a quick Q.

For SW hospital at freq 39 is it behind a hill or something? I tune to 39 but can not get any signal. ( might make sense if it is in boulder or something?)

And any chance we can get a light version where only one mission will trigger at a time? little stressful having all these mission triggering while I am just trying to get to the first hospital :P

Really awesome mission!

had a quick Q.

For SW hospital at freq 39 is it behind a hill or something? I tune to 39 but can not get any signal. ( might make sense if it is in boulder or something?)

And any chance we can get a light version where only one mission will trigger at a time? little stressful having all these mission triggering while I am just trying to get to the first hospital :P

Thanx for your feedback. Much appreciated! I went into the mission and I have no problem receiving the beacon signal from hospital southeast 39 FM frequency.

Regarding your thoughts on a light version I share your thoughts on the matter. I just haven't figured out how to do it in a way that makes it easy to add. There are quite a lot of missions which grants the challenge if you know what I mean :)

However I would recommend that when you select your start position, central, west etc, work your way outwards from that hospital when flying and you will clear the path back to hospital as you finish your missions.

In case you are replaying the mission file and you have done a specific mission simply choose to ignore it if you want to venture further out to experience other missions or select a different hospital.

Trackhat Headtracker

• 3 months later...
Really awesome mission!

had a quick Q.

Yes me too, amazing mission, and thanks for this work.

Really awesome play time, and enjoying the concept ( and the ME work too )

Me too, confuse with the trigger zone area, too much in my sens. Playing the mission with 3 player, all trigger come on, it was a bit confuse.

So i have edited the mission file, and i put a countdown timer, can be intialise before the flight, or during the flight.

Simply, 3 timing for small, moderate, large, and default

The 911 calling frequency can be adjust by F-10 Radio

- select small = 911 stand by for 3 minutes - 911 available for 60 secondes

- select moderate = 911 stand by for 2 minutes - 911 available for 60 secondes

- select large = 911 stand by for 1 minute - 911 available for 60 secondes

- select normal as default = no timer restrictions

Can share the mission if you want.

Edited by zeufman

I have this problem, too. But in my case there was no savedgames\dcs.openbeta\mods folder. It doesn´t exist. So I unpacked all mod folders in ...\EagleDynamics\dcsworldopenbeta\mods\tech on my DCS-SSD. But then I received the error-message too.

After that I´ve created am mods\tech folder in savedgames and copied the unpacked files there. But the error message still appears.

Why are my folders in savedgames differently to yours?

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I tried for the first time this mission.

ASXqqNf.jpg

qEJ4bAA.jpg

Getting a call works fine, however Im having problems when landing at an accident area, it takes forever for the guys on the ground to move. Maybe Im landing far away from the event?

Also I got repeating messages of the wounded guy, complaining. Literally like a billion on the course of our trip to the hospital.

The mission is quite heavy on performance, I guess because of the combination of dusk/dawn times, mods and scripts.

The Huey ambulance texture is somehow corrupted, but I don´t know if it´s a problem on my side, I downloaded a lot of skins for the chopper and many of them don´t show properly, main rotor blades and upper fuselage are like painted with a different template.

Other than that it´s a very nice experience.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 4 weeks later...

Thankyou for creating this mission. I found it for the first time the other day, and since then ive lost hours flying this in VR. It has to be one of the best Huey missions ive ever used. There’s something immensely satisfying flying medivac, and with the amount of take off and landing that are involved in this mission, my landings and approaches are improving significantly.

Highly recommended to anyone who wants to fly slicks or just wants a break from blowing stuff up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

for the corrupted skin, here's a fix

0. search the skin folder on DCS

1. look for texture files called *.bmp.dds or *.tga.dds and rename them to *.dds

2. in the description.lua then rename anything referring to "*.bmp" (or *.tga) by removing the '.bmp/tga'

• 7 months later...

Sadly v2.5.6 has broken this wonderful mission. I now get the following error;

Shader "model/fake_spot_lights.fx" failed to compile - HRESULT: ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND

This is unfortunately a common error for the Civil_Objects Mod pack after the update. Any chance of a fix?

Thanks,

Capt_Dunsil

Shader "model/fake_spot_lights.fx" failed to compile - HRESULT: ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND

This is unfortunately a common error for the Civil_Objects Mod pack after the update. Any chance of a fix?

Thanks,

Capt_Dunsil

I've got the same problem with the Larkin Aviation campaign that uses the same mod, apparently.

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

Capt_Dunsil

Now that's a damn shame! I don't know how to fix that unfortunately. Maybe the god gods of ED will do a charity run and fix it since many uses the mod for mission creation...

Trackhat Headtracker

Hey guys, the mission is unavailable right now. Is there a possibility, that it gets reuploaded by the OP or by anyone else?

Thanks in advance

The dropbox link should work for you in the OP. Unfortunately ED's latest version has broken the mission regarding the civil objects mod package.

Trackhat Headtracker

Announcement

I have good news for those whom really like the mission but haven't been able to play it due to the changes regarding DCS version 2.5.6 and that the civil objects mod has not been working out with the DCS version.

I have been able to remove the mod from the mission and through that been able to open it up in the editor and also start the mission!

I just need to find a replacement building for the previous hospitals (RIP :( )

I will post the mission file as soon as I am done with it.

Edited by NoFear1979

Trackhat Headtracker