[ALREADY REPORTED]Appearance of White Phosphor Night Vision Goggles is Incorrect

Skeleboners

Yesterday's OB patch (DCS 2.5.6.55363) seems to have changed the night vision goggles found on both the F-16C and the F/A-18C in game from traditional green phosphor to white. My first instinct is that this may not be correct (as both of those aircraft are subject to an HMD mounting change to swap between JHMCS and NVGs and so the change may have been in error, and white phosphor night vision is a relatively recent thing and I'm not sure our Viper and Hornet would have been running them but I'm no expert in that area), with my next feeling being the appearance of the night vision displays is just a bit off.

So, first off, of course, if the changes from green to white was in error, then disregard the rest of this; other aircraft still have the green night vision goggles (I tested the A-10C specifically), it seems to be just the Hornet and the Viper. If the change was not in error, a bluish tint should be added to the white goggles, as in reality they're not a perfect monochrome white. There are plenty of images online of white phosphor aviation night vision goggles and how their display looks as compared to green phosphor, but the forum rules forbid posting of ITAR controlled content and I know night vision is ITAR controlled- unsure if images of night vision count for that, but better safe than sorry, right? Regardless, it should be relatively easy to find reference images, the image should be a sort of cyan-ish blue tint rather than perfect white.

They look right to me

I have flown white phosphors NVG's, they about right to me. I agree that it is probably mistake, but IRL they do not have a blue tint at all. Also IRL white phosphors NVGS are 1 Million times better then the old "green" NVGs, with the only slight draw back being used in an area with lots of culture lighting, but you get use to it.

I have flown white phosphors NVG's, they about right to me. I agree that it is probably mistake, but IRL they do not have a blue tint at all. Also IRL white phosphors NVGS are 1 Million times better then the old "green" NVGs, with the only slight draw back being used in an area with lots of culture lighting, but you get use to it.

do you know what specific set you flew with? all images I'm able to find online for aviation-spec night vision goggles using white phosphor exhibit the same cyan-ish tint that you find on stuff like white phosphor PVS-14s and the like, the only image I've been able to find of a white phosphor NVG set having a display image that's purely white like it is in DCS at the moment is of some commercial PVS-7.

They where ANVIS 6 with the image green image intensifier swapped out for the WP image intensifier. Far as the model number of the specific WP image intensifier I'm not sure. I do know that that during the manufacturing process there is a much higher reject rate due to image quality for WP NVGs. With DOD getting the best performing tubes.