Warthog Throttle TARGET Script with DX Outputs for All Switch and Rocker Off States

ReflexArc

Just noticed that the throttle doesn't come up in device analyzer...almost like TARGET isn't detecting it. In the GUI, it shows three devices connected. In script analyzer, it only shows the joystick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Discord:https://discord.gg/b8AgE5m

Added your Exclude Unused devices line and this is what came back:

Running script: C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\scripts\WarthogThrottleALLSwitchPos.tmc

Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"

Compile Succeeded.

Physical USB HID devices managed by script!

Currently plugged USB HID devices[3]:

1: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"

2: "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0404&REV_0100"

3: "T-Rudder" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B679&REV_0110"

Error:(internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0404"

Virtual HID devices managed by script!

Connecting virtual joystick...Done

Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined DX128

Connecting virtual keyboard...Done

Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done

main returned 0

How do I exclude the TFRPRudder line...just delete it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Added your Exclude Unused devices line and this is what came back:

Running script: C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\scripts\WarthogThrottleALLSwitchPos.tmc

Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"

Compile Succeeded.

Physical USB HID devices managed by script!

Currently plugged USB HID devices[3]:

1: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"

2: "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0404&REV_0100"

3: "T-Rudder" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B679&REV_0110"

Error:(internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0404"

Virtual HID devices managed by script!

Connecting virtual joystick...Done

Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined DX128

Connecting virtual keyboard...Done

Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done

main returned 0

How do I exclude the TFRPRudder line...just delete it?

yep though you are still getting that throttle error

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Yeah, it’s weird that the GUI recognizes the throttle but device analyzer in script editor does not. Will try unplugging and replugging and updating firmware. This is all new to me, but it would be HUGE if I could get this script working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay, so the script is running correctly! I can see the throttle in the device analyzer, and it now shows 120 DX inputs, and show that they are being recorded when I throw the switches. AWESOME. But, when I got into DCS and try to map some controls using the down position of say, the EAC toggle...nothing. Up, I still get DX24. Down, nothing. So, I'm confused. Is there some option I need to configure in DCS for it to recognize the new DX switch numbers on the throttle?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Speed, it sounds like you were able to get this thing working for you...if you are still willing to help a brother out, my saga continues in this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171098&page=8

Now trying to get the Warthog Universal that sedenion made to work, but it's throwing me a compile error dealing with the dx+ include...I've got that file in the scripts folder...not sure why it's not working. README doesn't mention the includes, so I'm lost.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you using the right script file the original had a bug in it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4284976&postcount=21

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

the error is in targetdx128.tmh i seem to remember a similar problem; try this version

Are you using the right script file the original had a bug in it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4284976&postcount=21

Looking at the version that you uploaded, the only difference between the file that I have and the one that you uploaded is the following lines:

MINE:

alias RMFD = "VID_044F&PID_b352", HCougar = "VID_044F&PID_0400", T16000 = "VID_044F&PID_B10A";

alias TWCSThrottle = "VID_044F&PID_B687", TFRPRudder="VID_044F&PID_B679", T16000L = "VID_044F&PID_B10B";

YOURS:

alias RMFD = "VID_044F&PID_b352", HCougar = "VID_044F&PID_0400", T16000 = "VID_044F&PID_B10A";

alias TWCSThrottle = "VID_044F&PID_B687", TFRPRudder="VID_044F&PID_B679", T16000L = "VID_044F&PID_B10A";

I suspect that yours may have a bug because it assigns both the T16000 and the T16000L the same device ID.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how to help Spool. Thank you for helping folks out ITT!

I uploaded the most recent version of the TARGET script that I've been using to the OP just in case the old version had an issue.

Also, looking earlier in the thread:

//Configure(&Throttle, MODE_EXCLUDED);
//Configure(&Joystick, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&LMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&RMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&HCougar, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&T16000, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&TWCSThrottle, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&TFRPRudder, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&T16000L, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&TFRPHARudder, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&JoystickF18, MODE_EXCLUDED);

JoystickF18 and TFRPHARudder are not currently aliased in the targetdx128.tmh file, so that may be causing the error for one of the earlier posters.

Edited by ReflexArc
  • Like 1

Member of TAW-North America.

Practices Thursdays at 2045 Eastern. Missions Sundays at 1945 Eastern.

F/A-18C | A-10C | AV-8B | M2000C | Huey | KA-50

• 2 weeks later...

Standart Throttle still showing up in DCS

First of all - this works great for me - big thank You for this thread and the provided info.

My first world problem question is:

Why does the "Thrustmaster Combined" AND the "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" show up when I configure the keybinds in DCS?

Thanks for Your help ;-)

Windows 11 Pro, ASRock Z390 Pro4, i5-9600KF, 32 GB G.Skill DDR4 3200, RX6900XT, TIR 4,TM Warthog Throttle and Stick, TM Pendular Rudders, Elgato Stream Deck XL

Looking at the version that you uploaded, the only difference between the file that I have and the one that you uploaded is the following lines:

MINE:

YOURS:

I suspect that yours may have a bug because it assigns both the T16000 and the T16000L the same device ID.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how to help Spool. Thank you for helping folks out ITT!

I uploaded the most recent version of the TARGET script that I've been using to the OP just in case the old version had an issue.

Also, looking earlier in the thread:

//Configure(&Throttle, MODE_EXCLUDED);
//Configure(&Joystick, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&LMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&RMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&HCougar, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&T16000, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&TWCSThrottle, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&TFRPRudder, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&T16000L, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&TFRPHARudder, MODE_EXCLUDED);
Configure(&JoystickF18, MODE_EXCLUDED);

JoystickF18 and TFRPHARudder are not currently aliased in the targetdx128.tmh file, so that may be causing the error for one of the earlier posters.

I migrated over to these https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4016316&postcount=41

Which basically works a lot better, and leaves the original target.tmh in the loop, so as changes get made like the f-18 stick etc... it will stay in synch... it’s a bit of a bugger to work through and some of the logic makes you stop and think.

I must admit I gutted much of the tmm for my own use. As I didn’t want to remap everything in dcs again

sniip . . . .

Hi ReflexArc,

I added the following to the targetdx128.tmh in order to have my TM Throttle have a cutout and run control on my left throttle. I added it in sequence.

MapKey(&Throttle, IDLEROFF, PULSE+DX50); //*

MapKey(&Throttle, IDLELOFF, PULSE+DX51); //*

I think you should add this to your latest update.

Thanks a bunch for this great file. I've been using it since you originally posted it and make adjustments to this master and rename it for each specific aircraft. In some cases, I use Target script in conjunction to create a specific procedure. I always keep the original targetdx128.tmh "master" in a protected file.

Cheers,

Cats . . .

Edited by Catseye

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the bump, but I am trying to use this to set up my throttle (Warthog Throttle, Virpil T-50MC2 with F-18 stick, and Slew Rudder Device).

When I run the script, I have When I go to settings I see: Rudders Thrustmaster Virtual Throttle, and VPC stick. Is this right, I was told there should be Warthog Throttle and a Virtual Throttle. Should it be two or should it be one?

Thank you for helping a newbie.

EDIT: Can I use this in IL-2:GB?

Edited by timothyburton

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi.

First thank you for the script, it works nicely and now i can use all the switches the right way, just a question.

Using the script the 3 pos A/P switch for Viper A/P switch, up position Alt Hold, down position Att Hold and center off, but, once binded when i pushed up or down it looks like the switch on the Viper recenter itself, I did some test and it look that that particular Viper switch needs to be pushed up or down longer that the script does, because if I tried with the mouse and click very quickly it recenter like using the Warthog and this script.

Is there any way modifiying the scrip to make buttons 44 and 46 push longer? Keep in mind I don’t have any idea of target scripting.

Again, thanks.

FIXED: Setting KBrate to 75 fixed the problem

Edited by 5ephir0th

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

• 4 months later...
On 12/18/2018 at 1:05 AM, ReflexArc said:

This is a bit of an educated guess, but I looks like line 348 is the first step in the function that maps peripheral buttons. I wonder if the index error is because somehow TARGET recognizes that there is no longer an installed SC (TDC depress). Please try the attached file with the original targetdx128 (all I did was remove the SC assignment.)

WarthogThrottleALLSwitchPosNOTDC.tmc.txt 2.86 kB · 491 downloads

Thanks, I run this file but I have an issue that DC21 is assigned twice.

On my Coolie-Hats LEFT position and on the center click of the analog thuumb stick mod

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + Pedals

(AB-detent Mod, Stick extension Mod)

HTC Cosmos VR

Track IR

----------

Intel i9-9900K

64GB Ram

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

the original targetdx128 has a bug in it from memory...  try using the DX++ script from here 

hth

Here is the most recent variant of the DX+ script:

ModDX++.tmh.zip

The file include both DX# macro definitions and the replacement Init function. Description and usage below :

//  Desc:
//  Functions and definitions for the Extend DX Module. This module allow to 
//  create and map a "Thrustmaster Combined" virtual device with more than 
//  32 HID (DX) buttons.
//
//  Usage: 
//  The standard TARGET implementation use a PlugGame() function to create a
//  the "Thrustmaster Combined" virtual device. This function take a struct as
//  parameter who defines the virtual device properties. The PlugGame() function
//  is called within the Init() function declared in "target.tmh" file.
//
//  This module simply provides a function to modify the virtual device 
//  definition struct - which is defined in the "target.tmh" file -  before it 
//  is pased to the PlugGame() function.
//
//  I) Installation
//
//    - Include this file using the "include" keywork in your main
//      tmc profile file AFTER the include of the standard target.tmh
//      file.
//
//      example:
//              include "target.tmh"
//              include "ModDX++.tmh"
//
//    - Within the main() function, you must call the InitMoreDX() INSTEAD of
//      the normal Init() call, with the desired count of DX button as
//      first parameter:
//
//      example: 
//              int main()
//              {
//                if(InitMoreDX(64, &EventHandle, CREATE_JOYSTICK)) 
//                  return 1;
//              }
//
//  II) Using DX# macros
//
//    - The standard TARGET implementation allow only DX1 to DX32 macros to be
//      mapped. The DX Extend Module allow you to use from DX1 to DX120. 
//
//      example: 
//              MapKey(&Joystick, TG1,  DX119);
//              MapKey(&Joystick, TG2,  DX120);

Edited by sedenion
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just stumbled on this as I have been (as of yesterday) trying to learn how to modify the default.lua joystick file to give me an "OFF" position for the switches and this looks like a MUCH better method to make use of the Warthog switches. First question as I have 0 clue on using Target, can I just program the Warthog Throttle and leave my (soon to be Virpil WarBrd base) TM JStick and CH rudder pedals out of it? Just want full functionality out of all the toggle switches for DCS (BMS has a simple "Release" function that does it now but I can change that to use a DX press (I think it will see 32+ DX buttons in BMS?).. I have the Deltasims SLEW mod and mine indeed does have the DX1 button press unlike some earlier posts here so that won't be an issue. I want DCS HOTAS column assignments and BMS DeviceSorting to stay as it is if possible, no combined/new gear.. 

EDIT: Loaded up the script, compile successful, seems to work great so far though Windows just shows 32 DX Buttons for the device for some reason. Started programming it in DCS (is there a way to get to the Options without opening up the whole program, or maybe start in Windowed mode rather than Alt-Tab to get to the desktop?). I notice that the hats are now DX presses instead of POV, which is fine by me as I don't use them for views anyway.. In BMS (Alternative Launcher) the buttons above 32 are not seen, have to hash that out but I simply shut Target down before starting and BMS sees the throttle as it was and it works fine..

EDIT: Just checked and works perfectly in IL2 BoX too!

Edited by GaryR

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

You can use targetgui to load the script.

29 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

You can use targetgui to load the script.

Was that for me Speed? ReflexArc's script worked perfectly right out of the box using the TARGET Script Editor to load it, is there another way (command line, batch file/etc.)? Also, just checked it in IL2 BoX and works there just fine also! Only BMS shows a 32 button limit so far..

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

1 hour ago, GaryR said:

Was that for me Speed? ReflexArc's script worked perfectly right out of the box using the TARGET Script Editor to load it, is there another way (command line, batch file/etc.)? Also, just checked it in IL2 BoX and works there just fine also! Only BMS shows a 32 button limit so far..

yes sorry was replying form the pub 🙂  "<driveletter>:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\x64\TARGETGUI.exe" -r "<script location path>\<scriptname>.tmc" will use targetgui load the script without having to load the whole target gui

• Thanks 1

Nice, thx. Ideally I can start DCS (and IL2) with the same batch file, load the script, load the sim, exit the sim, unload the script but it's been a long time since I banged out a .bat! I would just leave it running but BMS is NG with it..

i use a task to start it that way i dont have to click the run as admin button every time

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create | Tutorials (sevenforums.com)

• Thanks 1

One question, on the Warthog when you lift and pull back into Idle Cutoff/OFF position (used in F-16 and others) there is no DX press sent. When you pop OUT of Idle Cutoff it sends DX48/DX49. Is there a way to reverse that (or add) a DX assignment to those two switches when entering Idle Cutoff?

With 0 TARGET knowledge I took a swing and tried adding the two lines (in red) to the script. Compiled fine but no joy in DCS..

MapKey(&Throttle, IDLELON, PULSE+DX48);
    MapKey(&Throttle, IDLERON, PULSE+DX49);
    MapKey(&Throttle, IDLELOFF, PULSE+DX50);
    MapKey(&Throttle, IDLEROFF, PULSE+DX51);

Edited by GaryR

this is what i use:

MapKey        (    &Throttle,     IDLERON,      PULSE+DX71);
        MapKey        (    &Throttle,     IDLELON,      PULSE+DX72);

MapKey        (    &Throttle,     IDLEROFF,      PULSE+DX73);
        MapKey        (    &Throttle,     IDLELOFF,      PULSE+DX74);

which works fine 

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Thanks 1