[REPORTED]Bug in mission 4 Night Hunt (2.5.6 OB)?

jimblue74

I hit the BRT when they ask, then I wait, when they tell me hit the trucks, the allied humvees are proceeding to the left, along the road. At that point, several BRTs come towards him, so I give up the trucks and hit the BRTs but then, shortly after, he tells me about a failed mission. What is the right sequence?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jim. I'm having the same issue. I've tried the mission 9 times now. As you said, hitting the BTR is no issue. After that, ignore what he says about the two trucks with the guns. Go back to WP 2, and watch for the vehicles leaving. The ones being chased are your guys, kill everyone else.

I've been trying that using NVG's and the guns. I just can't kill all the enemies fast enough. Usually, our guys die before I can take enough of them out. A couple times, the AAA that's not in the brief, not on the mission planning map, or talked about by our guys on the ground, magically spawns and shoots me to the point I can't be effective (guns go out, cicu goes out, etc).

I think this mission is timed badly is all. Currently, the way it works, you get about 30 sec to kill the guys chasing our guys, or it's mission failed. If you take the time to shoot at the magic AAA, you will still fail, because your guys will get killed so fast. You just have to take the AAA and hope you kill enough bad guys fast enough.

I'm seriously thinking of finding out how to skip this mission. And it is ridiculous. I've finished the Georgian campaign and the Red flag campaign. At most, I had to repeat 3 or 4 missions, but only once or twice max. This mission? Silly.

Good luck.

Intel i9 9900k | 32 GB RAM | EVGA RTX 2080Ti | 2x 1TB Samsung 970 Evo

So, update. I was able to finish the mission after about 15 tries. I could never kill the enemy fast enough, so our guys always died and mission failed.

I tried, in order:

mavs, guns.

mavs, cbu 97 ccrp.

mavs, bdu mk82 ccip.

mavs, rockets, guns.

The last was successful, mavs, rockets, guns. I used a mav on the BTR, then kept a close eye on what was going on with my nvg's. Since I did the mission so many times, I got to learn exactly where our guys were just using the nvg's. I did have to dodge the AAA, but as long as I didn't overfly the buildings to the north, I was ok. A combo of rockets and guns killed enough of the enemy to allow our guys to escape.

I'll post a vid if anyone wants it.

Eagle.

*edit: FWIW, I ignored the "kill the trucks with weapons" part in order to focus on anything I saw shooting at our humvees.

Intel i9 9900k | 32 GB RAM | EVGA RTX 2080Ti | 2x 1TB Samsung 970 Evo

• 4 weeks later...

Mission 4

! Possible Spoilers !

In mission 4 night hunting when the column of target vehicles is supposed to drive to the hangar they will spawn in but not drive thereby making it impossible to make progress in the mission. they get spawned in but will not move.

edit: tried to add the trackfile but its too big so I uploaded it here instead: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m7v9ZykqzkPl_2SYXywSyjYlipIN4kGr

Edited by JFisher

Mission 4 problem

Same here. I think this was caused by last update. Also, the mission shows daylight all around the horizon when it is 01:00 hours. Hope ED can fix soon, can't progress thru campaign. Had same issues with Operation Piercing Fury. Was only able to finish last 2 missions by rolling back to earlier version of DCS.

• 1 month later...

Bug in mission 4 Night Hunt (2.5.6 OB)?

I never get the cue to shoot down the armored APC. I've tried three times. The first two I just flew in orbit over the APC waiting and waiting till I get bingo, the third time I took the APC out, regardless of not HOT on target. But the mission don't get completed.

Anything I'm missing, or is it a BETA-bug?

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

• 1 month later...

I completed this mission in a different way. After trying 7 times this is the order i did it in :

SPOILER ALERT

1. Take out the BTR as soon as you get the OK, because this make our guys chase the Truck with more time. If you take too long our Humvees dont have enough time to catch up with the Bad guy.

2. Keep an eye on our Humvees but look at the road further ahead and half way through the town there are the enemies that will chase our humvees, try to take at least one with the remaining maverick and one with guns in the first pass.

3. Then you probably get the call that our Humvees have captured the guy and they are getting chased, so take out all the rest of enemies that chase our guys.

4. Finally just wait for the Helicopters to pick them up.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 3 months later...
  • ED Team

Merged threads, sorry for over looking this we will investigate

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

I confirm a bug in mission 4 .... i never get the signal to shoot the BTR.... nothing happens when i reach the target area... the ground units tell me to wait for the signal to shoot the BTR but i never get the signal no matter how long i wait.