Countermeasure dispense key bindings

corvinus

Maybe it is just me, but I can't get the keybindings for the countermeasure dispense switch to work. I have mapped countermeasure dispense INT/KONT/OFF to 7, 8 and 9 respectively. However pressing any of these keys does exactly nothing.

As I usually use this switch when defending a SAM I really don't have the time to reach for the mouse and click the switch. So fixing these key bindings would be a big help for me!

I think the countermeassure dispense switch is still not animated. I haven't checked in a while, but it wasn't an imated in the past. The keybindings should still work though, even when the cockpit switch itself is not moving.

How did you noticed that your keybinds don't work?

I will take another look at it myself, when I find the time to do so.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think the countermeassure dispense switch is still not animated. I haven't checked in a while, but it wasn't an imated in the past. The keybindings should still work though, even when the cockpit switch itself is not moving.

You are right, it does work, thanks for pointing that out! :thumbup:

How did you noticed that your keybinds don't work?

Well, I tried using the keyboard shortcuts a few days ago, but nothing happened then. I guess I had the dispenser in automatic mode. :doh:

Alright, then I don't have to check that as well :)

@Heatblur: When will the animation for the CMS switch finally be implemented/fixed? The animiation of the CMS switch is not working (when activated through keybinds instead of clicking on the switch) for as long as I can remember. :(

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Maybe it is just me, but I can't get the keybindings for the countermeasure dispense switch to work. I have mapped countermeasure dispense INT/KONT/OFF to 7, 8 and 9 respectively. However pressing any of these keys does exactly nothing.

As I usually use this switch when defending a SAM I really don't have the time to reach for the mouse and click the switch. So fixing these key bindings would be a big help for me!

I only use 'Fast Countermeasure Dispense' -button, it's just easier - but most importantly it's the only way to use flares.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

I only use 'Fast Countermeasure Dispense' -button, it's just easier - but most importantly it's the only way to use flares.

True, but the fast dispense button always uses program P2. In the ECM tutorial by Badjoe he recommends P1, so I went with that. Does P2 works effectively against, say, a Tor SAM?

True, but the fast dispense button always uses program P2. In the ECM tutorial by Badjoe he recommends P1, so I went with that. Does P2 works effectively against, say, a Tor SAM?

I couldn't say - I fly at the treetops and I am more worried about a random IR missile/SAM. :joystick:

Call me crazy, but I dodge missiles for fun :D

No need for countermeasures then - to make it bit more exciting, huh? :D But I get what you mean - I try to stay out of trouble but the times I've managed to dodge a SAM has been quite exhilirating.

About the CM dispense switch still - it adds to the confusion that the switch in the cockpit is incorrect one. So using the INT / KONT / OFF switch via the keyboard commands (which is the correct switch) seems to be doing different thing than activating the switch in the cockpit with the mouse. Probably why the animation doesn't work with the keyboard commands either.

Is there a ECM/Countermeasures guide available that discusses the correct usage of these systems as currently modelled in the game?

I see alot of discussion about how 'this switch is wrong' and 'that doesn't do what is says in the manual'. Which is great for getting it right eventually, but doesn't really help us play any better.

TBH, I'm just interested in getting the Jammer to jam when required, Chaff to dispense when you get locked up and flares to be spat out when I tell them to.

Here's a sum up of the real life countermeasures manual, which is pretty accurate to how it works in the game: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3658758#post3658758

Tornado3 small.jpg

Is there a ECM/Countermeasures guide available that discusses the correct usage of these systems as currently modelled in the game?

I see alot of discussion about how 'this switch is wrong' and 'that doesn't do what is says in the manual'. Which is great for getting it right eventually, but doesn't really help us play any better.

TBH, I'm just interested in getting the Jammer to jam when required, Chaff to dispense when you get locked up and flares to be spat out when I tell them to.

Honestly, it currently works as described in the manual, at least as far as my experience goes. The canopy switch is not animated when you use the keyboard shortcuts, which caused confusion for me, but the functionality is there.

To answer your questions:

Jamming with U22/A: Put the jammer in mode B/F. In the right warning panel you'll see MOTVERK (countermeasure) flashing when it is jamming. The jammer is a repeater, so it only transmits when the RWR detects a threat radar.

Dispensing Chaff with KB: There are several ways:

1. In automatic mode set the KB pod in mode A (automatic) and streak selector to 0. The system will dispense chaff when required.

2. Manual: Set the mode to either 1, 2 or 3 (fast, medium or slow release). The streak mode can be used if you want to pods (assuming you have two) to empty sequentially rather than in parallel. Now to start dispensing set the "countermeasure dispense switch to KONT", this is SAND on the canopy switch, OFF is NORMAL on the switch. You can also use the keyboard shortcut, but the switch on the canopy doesn't move.

3. Fast button: Use the fast counter measure dispense button. There is only a keyboard shorcut. If you only want to release flares you have to set the KB pod to "R" (default is "RF" which means chaff+flares).

Dispensing Flares with KB: The only way is to use the fast countermeasure dispense button. The KB mode has to be either "RF" or "F".

Jamming with U22/A: Put the jammer in mode B/F. In the right warning panel you'll see MOTVERK (countermeasure) flashing when it is jamming. The jammer is a repeater, so it only transmits when the RWR detects a threat radar.

Additionally the threat radar needs to be in front of the aircraft in order to be able to jam it.

Tornado3 small.jpg