Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

I just want to chime in that I received my slew upgrade and pinky switch about a month ago, and I LOVE how they've fixed up the throttle!

My pinky switch was broken from day one out of the box, it worked forward and backward, but also had vertical movement, not as much as the horizontal, about half, and it was loose in that movement. The new switch is of much higher quality, and I'm grateful that you've made it easy to attach to the throttle, I really didn't want to solder, even though I could, but that would mean taking it to work to do it. I also appreciate the little tool provided for the switch nut, I now use this at work for tightening switches on consoles. :D

The slew upgrade is what a controller in this price category SHOULD have come with by default. I can't for the life of me figure out why it doesn't when a logitech gamepad comes with TWO, and is only $25! The quality of the 3D printed (I'm guessing?) hat is awesome, and can hardly tell it's 3D printed (is it?!)!

Thanks so much for putting this much quality into your products, and the price is on point as well. But the value it's put into my controller is beyond what you charged!

• 2 weeks later...
No order status on the website. Did you pay for tracking?

In the past I was never provided a pay option to track an order from a vendor. Thus, I didn't expect to see one when I ordered this. Perhaps I missed the option. I got this upon ordering:

Shipping method

Not Tracked - Royal Mail International Standard (USA) Small Parcel

In the U.S. the tracking is free and begins upon shipment. The parcel is tracked via the carrier's tracking number, i.e. UPS, FedEx, USPS etc.

That's okay, it's only SEP 04. It's not suppose to be shipped until sometime this month. I was just curious of its status if it was obtainable.

Edited by Chitto

Order #4528 received today & fitted. All working nicely!

ALienware aurora R7, Windows 10 home 64 bit, i7-8700, RTX2080ti, 32 GB Ram, 2TB SATA hard drive, 250 GB M2 SSD, 500GB SATA SSD, Warthog Hotas, Thrustmaster tpr pedals, jet seat, BenQ SW2500PT, Oculus rift S

Received mine today and installed it in 15 mins. Top quality product, and really clear instructions made it so easy to install.

What a difference it makes!

I can't recommend it enough to those with the Warthog throttle using the original slew control.

Just ordered !!!! Can't wait ! The reviews are just outstanding.

Thx !

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Order #4511 arrived and is installed. Very simple install, and setup.

Thanks for your mod! Very happy customer here.

Intel I9 9900K, Asus Prime Z390-P, 32 GB GDDR4, GeForce RTX 2080, 1TB Samsung SDD, TM WartHog, Oculus Rift/TrackIR 5

Products: FC3/F-5/F-16/F-18/F-14/Persian Gulf/Nevada

I just received mine and installed it within 10 minutes. Top-quality, works like a charm.

One question: Is it common that the update rate of the slew axis is significantly lower than the throttle axis?

I guess that this is the default behavior of the throttle firmware. But it wasn't noticeable before because of the low fidelity of the standard stick so I'm just wondering...

AH-64D | AV-8B | A-10C II | A-4E | F-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | M-2000C | UH-1H | Mig-21bis | L-39 | F-86F | P-47D | P-51D | BF 109 | Spitfire | BS3 | FC3 | SC | CA

Intel® Core™ i7-13700K | NVIDIA RTX 4090 | 64 GB DDR5 RAM | Aorus Elite Z790 | 50“ UHD LG Monitor | Windows 11 Pro

VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base | VPC Apache-64 Collective Grip | VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip | VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base | TM F-16/A-10 Stick  | TM F/A-18 Stick

TM HOTAS Warthog (DSE Slew Upgrade) | TM Hotas Cougar (FSSB) | TM Pendular Rudder | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5

I just received mine and installed it within 10 minutes. Top-quality, works like a charm.

One question: Is it common that the update rate of the slew axis is significantly lower than the throttle axis?

I guess that this is the default behavior of the throttle firmware. But it wasn't noticeable before because of the low fidelity of the standard stick so I'm just wondering...

Glad to hear it’s installed and working for you :thumbup:

Unfortunately yes the update rate on the slew is lower than the other axes. The throttle firmware is limited to updating it at approximately 10Hz which was the maximum rate the old sensor could output.

Usually it only really noticeable in test programs. Once in game it’s hard to notice a big difference compared to the other axes so it’s not usually a problem.

I hope that helps!

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

Received installed and immediately blown away!

Thanks so much for creating and selling this upgrade! I received mine just yesterday, installed it within 10 minutes, calibration went smoothly (calibration actually evened out my throttles, too, which was something I didn't even know I needed) and now I'm good to go.

I've had my Warthog HOTAS for a couple years now and only used the old slew sensor for maybe 10 minutes before I remapped its function to a hat. For those 2 years, I only used the pushbutton function on that slew sensor.

With your upgrade, I can actually use that axis for slewing and can use the other hat for other functions. Well worth the money spent and the wait. I've also told my father about it who is waiting for Warthog throttles to arrive in stock to order his.

Thanks again. You're doing God's work, brother!

Gigabyte B450M | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32Gb RAM | EVGA RTX 2070 XC | TM WH HOTAS w/Deltasim's slew sensor upgrade on custom desk mounts | TM Cougar MFD's in 3D-printed enclosures w/screens | TrackIr 5 Pro w/TrackClip Pro | TCL 46" 4K, Acer 27" | Win 10 64bit | An uncomfortable amount of DCS modules

Is the shipping faster within the UK?

The waiting list is the same wherever you are (currently approx. 1 month).

Once it's sent UK shipping is next day, worldwide is between 1-4 weeks depending where it's going :)

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

The waiting list is the same wherever you are (currently approx. 1 month).

Once it's sent UK shipping is next day, worldwide is between 1-4 weeks depending where it's going :)

Thanks, I may as well buy it now then, even though I'm stuck 6,000 miles away from my HOTAS right now, and no idea when I will be able to get back to my home in Thailand.

It will be a good investment

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Only 1/4 working movement on throttle after upgrade

Hello please help , I've received the Analog Thumbstick Slew sensor upgrade kit for Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle today and fitted no problem.

after downloading and running the calibration too as instructed l I only have a 1/4 of the Throttle working, when I check the throttle movement in windows usb controller settings and DCS axis controller, i push the throttle fully forward and the bar goes to zero when i pull the throttle back the bar goes forward a 1/4 of the way and stops all the other axis work fine.

I cannot reset the controller, so at the moment I have a very expensive paperweight hope you can help as im gutted at the moment.

Hello please help , I've received the Analog Thumbstick Slew sensor upgrade kit for Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle today and fitted no problem.

after downloading and running the calibration too as instructed l I only have a 1/4 of the Throttle working, when I check the throttle movement in windows usb controller settings and DCS axis controller, i push the throttle fully forward and the bar goes to zero when i pull the throttle back the bar goes forward a 1/4 of the way and stops all the other axis work fine.

I cannot reset the controller, so at the moment I have a very expensive paperweight hope you can help as im gutted at the moment.

Sorry to hear that, I have replied to your email but I will post hear as well in case it’s useful to anyone else.

It sounds like something might have been done in the wrong order during the calibration, fortunately it’s nothing permanent and can usually be fixed very easily.

Please try to run the calibration tool on the throttle again, but be careful to perform each step when it asks you to move the throttle to OFF, IDLE and MAX positions.

The throttle will store these positions in memory, so if they are incorrect it won't have the proper range of motion, which will cause the issue you describe.

Another happy customer. Arrived in quoted timeframe, nicely packaged, even came with some spare screws; it was fitted and calibrated in less than 20 minutes at a leisurely pace using the clear instructions found on the deltasim website step by step.

The difference over the OE setup is amazing and well worth doing even if your OE nub is still functioning.

For those still waiting and trying to gauge where in the queue they are, my order number was 4635.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.