DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

edit : pfm for mig29 is in the first line of patch notes,

can someone who tried it tell us what difference do we have in the cockpit???

Edited by Goa

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

can someone post some pics of the new cockpit?

also there is no mention of pfm in the patch note.....

PFM is literally the first sentence posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

AIM-9M/L FM overhaul? I thought this was generally regarded as the most accurately modeled missile in game. What happened?

Most accurate =/= Perfectly accurate

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Uhm, no ... the AIM-7 already received the new FM. As well as a bunch of AGMs and some SAMs. This is simply moving the missile to the new FM AFAIK.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

[Copy from Upgraded MiG-29]

Two things i noticed :

1 "New Instant Action missions for MiG-29A and MiG-29S on Caucasus." i cant find those because they are simply not there.

2 The new cockpit looks weird. Even though i really appreciate all the hard work from ED i think the cockpit looks really ugly. TBH i expected higher quality textures and scratches etc this looks like something done fast and without alot of effort. But that is just my opinion.

Love the new flightmodel ! good job.

g8PjVMw.png

It borked my RPM axis for the Spit. Even though the axis showed in controller setup working properly, I had to re-assign it again to get it to work in the game. Not a big deal, hopefully that was the only thing.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1539180720-dcs-2018-10-10-16-10-39-26.png

it looks very white, like no AO textures were made for it when the light directly incides in the surfaces...also there is no detailed weathering in most parts for the materials making it look too perfect/unatural...at least it looks weird to me...

Not had a chance to try it yet but I prefer the less weathered appearance in general.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I seem to be in the minority, but I find the new cockpit much better-looking than previously:

ym9Up8L.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I seem to be in the minority, but I find the new cockpit much better-looking than previously:

ym9Up8L.jpg

Weird, your cockpit looks much better than mine. The one I see here is similar to watermanpc's cockpit.

I remember though, the MiG-29 cockpit was amazing, the one I'm seeing here, not so much.

thanks watermanpc - highly appreciated! Does the Mig-29G Cockpit look the same?

Yes, it looks the same...

ym9Up8L.jpg

Weird, your cockpit looks much better than mine. The one I see here is similar to watermanpc's cockpit.

I remember though, the MiG-29 cockpit was amazing, the one I'm seeing here, not so much.

Something is wrong here...that cockpit seems to be the old one (in quality I mean)...the new one looks really bad to be honest, as I said, is like the shadowing is not working properly but even then, the textures look very bad and have no detail on most parts...but at the same time, the "hose" on the left side of the hud looks amazing with very detailed bump map also so not sure whats going on but definitely not what I expected from an "updated" cockpit:

1539188741-dcs-2018-10-10-18-21-12-45.png

everything maxed out and G.I enabled (which is working fine as far as I can tell)

Take a look at my MODS here