Restarting Ai Aircraft

xray20

Hi,

Is it possible to restart and redeploy AI aircraft that have completed their tasking and are now parked?

An alternative question, for the same result, is it possible to have AI aircraft sitting on the ramp, doing nothing, waiting for deployment by the game master?

Thanks

Matt

Hi,

Is it possible to restart and redeploy AI aircraft that have completed their tasking and are now parked?

You can respawn aircraft with MIST scripting http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

An alternative question, for the same result, is it possible to have AI aircraft sitting on the ramp, doing nothing, waiting for deployment by the game master?

Aircraft set to "uncontrolled" in the ME do nothing until they get a start command (the command must be added to their triggered actions and can then be called on by a trigger). You can use the F10 radio triggers to give the start command.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Still cant make it work...

Sorry to bang on about this but it just doesn't seem to work properly.

Here's the simplified scenario. I have an aircraft on the ramp that I want to have take off and fly waypoints when I tell it to do so.

So I set it up as follows:

• define the aircraft and its position (start from ramp)
  • set waypoints
  • set to uncontrolled
  • create a trigger action - in this case I set a truck and a trigger zone so I can move the truck into the zone during the game (I cant make sense of the F10 comms trigger options)
  • make a triggered action for the aircraft.

And here's the problem - What command do I use to get the AI to control the aircraft? I have tried 'group AI on' (sorry if the syntax is not correct, I'm not in front of the sim) and the aircraft does not appear on the drop down list. I've tried start, resume and every combination of likely actions I can think of.

BTW - I have set messages to come up with each of the trigger actions - so i know they are working OK.

Thanks for your help

Matt

To start AC from uncontrolled state

First set the aircraft a triggered action 'start'

Setup a basic trigger, define action as 'AI task push-start'

If the AC has no waypoints, you can move it around via CA thereafter*

AC may also be started with a move command via CA

If there is no start up defined and no waypoints iirc

*This might be problematic in multiplayer, not sure if it was fixed.

• 4 months later...

I'm having serious problems controlling aircraft that start as Uncontrolled.

I set them up with a trigger and get them started, but when they are started I can not issue any commands, the command tab in the F10 map isn't there for units that start as Uncontrolled. Am I missing something?

Cheers!