EDtracker issue here

Hello sim fellas! I just got my edtracker pro wireless device and can't make it work properly. For some reason after reseting the center, any movements result in a loose of the initial center position. So for example after a yaw or a pitch, when I look straigth the camera is looking a few degrees left or right, it doesn't hold the initial center position.

I use the latest software from the ED website.

Here is a demonstration video:

${1}

My calibration

https://imgur.com/oaOn1iU

Resolution

Model: EDTracker Pro Wireless

UI Version: 3.0.0.16

Device Firmware Version: 0.1

As this is my first experience with this device, I would really appreciate your help solving this issue.

I've also contacted ED support, but didn't receive any answers as of yet.

Thank you!

Edited by Diablo_rf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS World - The Best Modern Combat Simulator

Im not at home right now but I will post my settings later. Did you update to the latest firmware? Also make sure you mobile device is not anywhere near the edtracker unit. Try to recalibrate.

After installing the software from the ED website: EDTracker Pro Software (v3.0.0.16)

I didn't install any other things, like firmware etc.

But I did that after your post, and for some reason in the UI, I still got the "Current firmware 0.1"

Is that how it should be? Because the version I downloaded and installed was 3.5. Looks kinda weird...

My calibration after flashing the new firmware

https://imgur.com/a/raGsWsO

Edited by Diablo_rf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Something is wrong. You need to flash the firmware via developer mode within the EDtracker pro GUI. After flashing press restart. I will be able to help you more when I get home. 18:00 CET.

You sure about that? Because in their knowledge base I found this:

If you have an EDTracker Pro Wireless device or a Pro Wired device purchased after 1st August 2017, flash as follows :

Download the firmware ZIP file from our website, as instructed

Unpack the file to a local folder on your PC, such as c:\temp

Open the readme.txt file which will explain the procedure

EDTracker Pro Wired devices purchased prior to 1st August 2017 can be flashed using the EDTracker UI software.

Flash screen

https://imgur.com/a/FdhTSIA

Edited by Diablo_rf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah. It does look a bit strange. I actually stopped use OpenTrack and only use the EDTracker software

straight into DCS (binding axis and setting all curves in DCS control settings instead). Actually works really well, and less of a hassle.

Another good thing is that you can adjust curves for each individual aircraft. The "lean" in effect is obviously gone. And I use EDTracker roll to slide left and right in the pit.

So a bit more rigid, but very solid and reliable. In a real cockpit you are strapped in tight anyways, so not be able to lean in adds to the immersion ;)

Edited by Schmidtfire

Yeah. It does look a bit strange. I actually stopped use OpenTrack and only use the EDTracker software

straight into DCS (binding axis and setting all curves in DCS control settings instead). Actually works really well, and less of a hassle.

The "lean" in effect is obviously gone. And I use EDTracker roll to slide left and right in the pit. A bit more rigid, but very solid and reliable.

In a real cockpit you are strapped in tight anyways, so not be able to lean in adds to the immersion ;)

How do you bind the axis? I tried but it doesn't recognize anything...:(

For example, if I want to bind a "look up", I press the key, and look up with the device, but no axis gets applied...

Isn't the process the same as binding a joystick?

Edited by Diablo_rf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You sure about that? Because in their knowledge base I found this:

If you have an EDTracker Pro Wireless device or a Pro Wired device purchased after 1st August 2017, flash as follows :

Download the firmware ZIP file from our website, as instructed

Unpack the file to a local folder on your PC, such as c:\temp

Open the readme.txt file which will explain the procedure

EDTracker Pro Wired devices purchased prior to 1st August 2017 can be flashed using the EDTracker UI software.

Flash screen

https://imgur.com/a/FdhTSIA

You are right I overlooked you are using WIFI version.

How do you bind the axis? I tried but it doesn't recognize anything...:(

For example, if I want to bind a "look up", I press the key, and look up with the device, but no axis gets applied...

Isn't the process the same as binding a joystick?

Yes, just like binding a joystick :) Sounds stupid but it works.You have to go under the AXIS settings for each module. The settings is quite high up in the list. It is under Absolute ... shift.

Input might not get recognized while binding, so when you are binding try selecting the axis manually from the drop down list.

Will see If I can post some settings and curves after work. I also have the wireless version of EDTracker. Try also to keep the USB reciver quite close to you and clear of any objects or magnetic fields.

EDIT: I will also post my EDTracker software settings, as I have change the sensitivity and smoothness.

EDIT 2: If you are still experience drift. Try mounting the EDTracker in a different way on your headset and recalibrate.

Edited by Schmidtfire

I tried to use the device only with the ED tracker GUI itself without the opentrack, but it's causing the same issue. After more than 90 degree rotation the center gets offset. That means the more you turn your head the more the center will shift to one side or another. Basicly I have to reset the center after every turn of my head...

To be honest I don't really understand how to fix this...

Edited by Diablo_rf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe try re-calibrating the device with a different sensitivity setting. But haven't used mine in a while since i switched to trackhat pro.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

Maybe try re-calibrating the device with a different sensitivity setting. But haven't used mine in a while since i switched to trackhat pro.

You mean with a lower sensitivity settings? I will try. But don't see how that can help...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is why I picked the wired version of Edtracker Pro. More safe version.

If anything helps here are my settings (note: Im using pseudo 6DOF so I also changed the curves in Opentrack):

Thank you! The devs over edtracker also sent me a beta version of the firmware that should fix the issue, will report back with the results...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I encounter some small jumps in Yaw. It's like when i'm slowly looking left from the center and the camera jump for 5-10 degrees.

Has anyone experienced any of this? I'm using edtracker with opentrack. I wonder what is causing this...

I'll try and recalibrate the device again, see if it makes any difference.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I encounter some small jumps in Yaw. It's like when i'm slowly looking left from the center and the camera jump for 5-10 degrees.

Has anyone experienced any of this? I'm using edtracker with opentrack. I wonder what is causing this...

I experienced that at one point. I think the problem was the metal in my earphones' headband. I put some separation between the headband and the Edtracker, and it's better now.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

I experienced that at one point. I think the problem was the metal in my earphones' headband. I put some separation between the headband and the Edtracker, and it's better now.

Thanks for advice, I was thinking about that myself, will think of a separation...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My wirlesss edtracker had the problem of loosing connection from time to time, which resulted in stutters and jumps, but this issue was because of too many wlan signals around my flat. The usb dongle was like 1,5m away from the device and it didn't work that well. Thats why i switched to the trackhatpro device.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

I just found this thread, I have the same issue like you. I updated to 3.8beta firmware and that got rid of the drift, but the weird jumps remain. Have to talk to the edtracker support again.

I have mine mounted on a hat so there should be no interference that's causing this.

Hi,

I had similar issues initially. I use ED with Opentrack and spent some time with and without Opentrack, re-calibrating and moving tracker away from headset. This seemed to have the most consistent results but the problem never went away until ...

I have tracker mounted on the peak of my cap so that I can use it with or without headset. I put cap on and headset if I'm going to use it and then hit the 'Level' but whilst looking front and centre. This takes about 30 seconds. I then have no further issues and can spend hours playing including removing headset and cap for tea breaks without need to repeat.

I suspect this has something to do with the sensitivity of the magnetometer and resetting 'Level' accounts for any changes in environment such as wearing of headset, position of mic, etc.